CHAPTER 7: To Stay or To Go?

ASHLEY

        I stood there, fighting back tears as I had overheard them talking. As well as seeing Ryan's reaction.

        He stood there, staring at me and looked mad but then quickly looked more as though he had sympathy.

       "I am sorry for not telling you all who I was. I was told not to. And I am really sorry that I have become a burden to you all. I swear that I never knew who it was that killed my parents, let alone were coming after me. I am sorry I have put you all in danger. But really, you don't have to protect me. I can take care of myself. I will leave soon." I say before walking upstairs to my room to pack.

        Once I got into my room, I started to pack up my bags as fast as I could. Since also, after all, I only had a couple of bags.

        I heard a knock at the door and knew it was Angel.

       "Come in." I say as I sit on the bed.

       "Hey." Angel says as she begins to walk in and shuts the door behind her.

       "Hey." I reply.

       "Look. You really don't have to leave. In fact, Brody is talking with Ryan right now. And just he's Alpha, doesn't mean he can be an asshole." She says.

       "It's okay. I don't blame him. Witches and werewolves aren't meant to be friends or around each other. So it's better that I leave." I tell her.

       "But you have nowhere else to go. And every time your cousin comes to town, he doesn't have a place. So he always stays in a hotel. Which I'm sure that he could help you get one." She says.

        "No. I don't need any help. Though now that I know who killed my parents and the fact that I was sent here because they are trying to kill me, I need to do this on my own. It's better this way." I start to tell her as I then stand up and continue as I grab my bags. "But I do appreciate everything you have done and don't worry, I will keep in contact with you guys." I said as I began to leave.

         I headed downstairs and as soon as I got downstairs, I heard Angel call out from behind me. "Wait!"

        I turn to her. "What is it?" I ask her.

       "I am not letting you leave. Cause if you leave, I leave." She tells me.

        I smile at her and then tell her, "I appreciate the whole cliche of trying to make me stay. But really, this isn't your guys' fight. None of you should've been involved with any of this. Which I really am sorry for that. But I can't stay here. We both know that." I begin to tell her and everyone else. "I appreciate all you guys have done for me and were willing to do for me, but I can't have you guys do that and I promise I will make this right." I say before realizing in my head in what all I had just said.

           "No. That's stupid. In fact, your Heiness, I'm sorry, but I object. If you leave, I will go with you. We're best friends now, rather you like that or not." She says with a smile.

           I smile back at her. "I appreciate that, but, please don't call me that." I tell her then look at everyone else in the room as the rest of the guys that didn't know who I was before are looking at me. "Please, none of you bow or call me your Heiness. Please don't."

           "We won't. But only if you stay." Angel says to me while making it sound as I have no choice.

          I notice everyone giving me the same looks as her, that read for me to stay. So I think about it for another brief moment. Then finally, I nod my head.

          "Okay. Fine I'll stay." I reply with half a smile.

          "Good choice. Cause you wouldn't have really liked what I did to you if you said no." She says with a wink and a smile.

         "Yeah, okay." I laugh.

         She then has Brody take my bags up towards the room.

         "Alright, so now that that's all good, can you show me a spell?" Angel asks me like a kid.

         "What?" I chuckle.

         "Oh come on, I want to see something. Ooo, I know, we should play a trick on Ryan when he comes back." She says.

         "Uh, no. I don't think that would be a good idea." I reply.

         "Well, pleeeeease show me something?" She begs.

         "Fine." I reply. Then notice everyone else is is wanting to see too.

          We then head into the kitchen and I make some tea. They watch me the entire time, from the moment I snap my fingers to turn the stove on, to the time after I put my spoon in my mug of tea and have it stir on it's own without me touching it. Everyone was fascinated and entertained by it.

           "That is awesome!" Angel says.

           "Yeah that was cool, but don't you know anything else?" A guy from the pack said.

          "Shut the hell up!" Brody says to the guy as he hits him in the chest and makes me laugh.

          "Actually I can. I can do any spell in the world. I know all magic and spells. Both dark and good." I smile.

          "Woah. That's hot and very bad ass!" One of the guys say.

          "Thanks?!" I reply.

          Everyone laughs and then Angel says to everyone, "Well, that's enough show and tell. So let's go to bed." She says with a smile at me.

          I return the smile, grab my mug and head back upstairs, which I never thought I would have done. In fact, I'm not even sure what all just happened. One minute I was leaving and then the next I'm showing off a few basic tricks to a bunch of werewolves. I don't know, maybe I just needed some rest.

        So I drank some tea, took a shower and went to sleep. 

         Now that everyone knows what and who I am. I meant what I said. I don't want them to treat me any different than they have been. I especially don't expect any special treatment from Ryan. Though he really does need to learn some manners.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)