CHAPTER 10: My Fight Tonight.....

RYAN

        Today was gonna be a long day for me. As I was trying to mentally prepare myself for the fight tonight as I do all the other times.

         Before heading towards the warehouse where we hold the fights, I stopped by to grab myself a coffee real quick.

          I had just grabbed my coffee and had taken a seat at a booth in the cafe and started going through my phone to see through my texts and make sure Brody and a few of the guys were there at the warehouse, when I notice taking a seat across from me.

           Marissa however, decided that it was okay for her to interrupt my routine.

         Before even looking up to see who it was, I could tell by her scent that it was Marissa. My god she is a stalker.

         "Hey baby." She says trying to sound sexy.

         "Hey, Marissa. I was about to head out." I begin to tell her.

         "Well I just wanted to make sure that my outfit was perfect for tonight." She smiled.

          "It's fine." I tell her as I don't even look at her and continue to look at my phone.

          "You didn't even look." She says.

          "Marissa, I told you last night. We can't be hooking up. So why the hell would I care what you're wearing tonight?" I tell her coldly.

          "Well, I knew you didn't mean that last night. I mean, come on, it isn't like you found your mate yet." She says with a fake giggle.

           "Whatever." I reply while rolling my eyes and then before looking back at my phone, I notice Ashley waiting for her order. In which I start wondering in how the hell she came in and I didn't notice.

           Marissa keeps trying to call my name apparently to try and get my attention. Then right as she gets ready to turn her head and look at what I'm looking at. I quickly turn her head to look back at me.

           I quickly decide, despite how much I'm gonna hate this, but is better than Madissa seeing Ashley, whom she hates, and just leave.

           On our way out, I take one final look at Ashley and notice her rolling her eyes. Which is one of my pet peeves with people.

*****************************************

          By the time we made it to the warehouse, the first fight of the night was about to start.

           Marissa had met up with her slutty friends and I met up with Brody, who was talking to the kid that asked to be in the fight a few days ago.

          "Hey man!" Brody says to me as I walk up towards him.

          "Hey." I reply.

         "Where have ya been?" He asks me.

         "Nowhere." I tell him.

         "Alright. Well, this kid is about to fight." He informs me.

         "Fine. Let's see what he's got." I say.

         The kid then gets into the ring with one of our toughest challengers.

         Not too many people are here yet. But there's enough to make good bets.

         So the fight begins and I must give this kid some credit. He's actually not too bad.

         Out the corner of my eye, I see Angel and then when I turn my head to look at her more, I notice Ashley is with her too.

         "You have got to be kidding me." I say to myself as I start making my way over towards them.

          "Where ya goin'?" Brody calls out to me.

          But I just continue to walk up to them.

          "What the hell is she doing here?!" I ask Angel.

          "I invited her. I thought it would be cool for her to see this. Besides, nobody will know she isn't...you know..." she tells me.

          "You better hope not. For all of our sake." I reply while then looking at Ashley who is avoiding eye contact with me and for some reason, I don't know why, but suddenly, I start checking her out and she looks really good tonight. Though right away I quickly start taking that thought out of my head and start walking back up to Brody.

          I swear, the last thing I need right now is her being recognized. Though luckily, no werewolves know about her.

         "So, Ashley looks real nice tonight." Brody says.

          "Don't start." I tell him.

          "Just sayin'." He says with a smile.

          We go back to watching the fight and I decide to head back into the office to get ready for my fight that's to take place in a couple of hours.

         Though while sitting behind my desk, trying to prepare, I can't stop thinking about Ashley and what she's wearing. Which again, I'm getting irritated as to why the hell I'm even thinking about it. About her.

         So to get my mind off of her and back at preparing, I begin to turn some music on really loud and very quickly I am able to focus on the music and getting pumped up.

         Then right as the time finally comes for me to start fighting, I begin to make my way out and just like always, there's a huge crowd.

         While making my way through the sea of people, I say hi, shake hands and as soon as I get into the ring and remove my shirt, revealing my muscular tattooed body and having Brody put my gloves on me, I look over behind him and there, right by the ropes around the ring, is Ashley. She's looking at me. And I'm not sure why or how but, looking into her eyes, it's like our eyes locked instantly with each other.

         Quickly I am brought back to reality as soon as I hear Brody calling out my name.

         "Hey! Ya ready?" He asks me.

         "Hell yeah!" I tell him as he then puts a mouth guard in my mouth before I turn and as soon as that bell ring goes off, me and my opponent begin to fight and like always, it doesn't last as long as I knock him out with one final blow on the side of his head in round two.

          Normally I would've done it sooner, but, I wanted tonight's fight to last a little longer. I guess you could say in a way, I had some anger built up that I really needed to release.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)