CHAPTER 14: Only Time Will Tell....

ASHLEY

I was a little nervous earlier in meeting his parents. Though after we got there and especially during dinner, things were going pretty well, I thought.

Well, things did get a little bit weird with what Ashley said about the little trick I showed everyone in the house.

Both Ryan's parents seemed to be genuinely interested. In particular, more like his dad was. Which I thought was cool.

Then after dinner, I was given a brief tour around their mansion. It was beautiful and seemed very welcoming.

After the tour was over, we headed into the study and suddenly, the vibe and the mood between us all seemed to die a little bit.

Ryan sat down beside me on the couch across from where his parents were sitting at while Angel sat on Brody's lap as he sat down in a big fancy chair.

Suddenly, it was as though all eyes were on me.

"Should I be worried?" I ask nervously.

"No dear." His mom replies with her kind smile. "What we are about to tell you, please keep an open mind and hear us out." She says.

I take in a deep breath and let it out as I then feel Ryan's hand hold mine.

"Okay." I said.

"Your mother and father were very good friends of ours. In fact, it was their bloodline that created the peace treaty with our bloodline. And let me ask you, did your parents ever speak of a prophecy to you before they passed?" Anne asks.

"No. The only prophecy they ever told me about was one that they themselves were part of." I reply. "Why?"

"Well, you happen to be part of that prophecy as well." She tells me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Your parents, with your father as Alpha for one of the most feared and well respected Werewolf pack's, falls in love and marries your mother whom is a princess and is one of the most powerful witches in the world. They have a beautiful little girl. Who happens to be the most powerful among any creature in the world."

"What?" I ask still feeling a bit confused.

"You see, Princess, you have both powers and gifts from both werewolf and witch. Both from whom were the most powerful of their kind. With both their blood running through your veins, you are the biggest threat to all creatures and the humans. Because you are the most powerful of us all." She smiles.

"But what does that mean? That I rule all three worlds?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yes." Edgar says.

"Is that why my parents were killed? The werewolves were trying to get to me?" I asked.

"Yes. You are a threat to some. And those peace treaties we have between the human world, ours and yours, is at risk of a war. The wolves that killed your parents are after you because with you alive, that means they have no chance to ever rule their kind. The ones that killed your parents, they don't wan't peace. They want to be the rulers of all worlds. They want to be feared."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Wow, this dinner turned quickly into a serious mood.

"So you're saying that I'm the only hope our worlds have in keeping the peace between them all and also am the one responsible for my parents death?" I ask. Though while saying the last part, I found it hard to say it without choking up a little bit.

"No. Sweetie. What happened to your parents, was not your fault." Anne tried reassuring me.

"But, you said, they were after me." I reminded her.

"But that doesn't mean it was your fault." She assures me again.

"If I am the reason my parents were killed, then how am I going to protect all worlds when I couldn't even protect them!?" I begin while trying to hide back tears.

"Well, that's where our son comes in. As well as Angel and Brody, along with their pack." Edgar says.

"What?" I ask in confusion.

"You see, just as your mother married an Alpha as also her protector, you and our son are mates. He is to be your protector and your mate. And as far as Angel and Brody and the pack, they are your guards as well." Anne says.

I look at Angel, Brody and then at Ryan and then look down at our hands and then I remove my hand from his quickly and then stand up.

"No! My parents loved each other more than anything. Your son doesn't even like me, let alone love me. In fact, I don't even think he's capable of love. So I'm sorry, but I don't believe any of that mate stuff is true. I know what I must do as the Princess but, as far as the prophecy goes itself, I don't believe it. And I refuse, REFUSE, to be with someone who doesn't want me just to please those who believe in some prophecy. There has to be another way to fulfill it. And I plan to find it." I tell them. Then before they say anything else and before I let them see me break into tears, I thank them really quick for the dinner and excuse myself as I begin running out of the house and off into the woods.

Though I had no idea where I was going, I didn't care. At the moment, all I cared about was getting as far away as I could from everyone.

Miraculously, I somehow managed to find the spot I like to go to at night when everyone's sleeping. And then I collapse onto my knees and start crying the hardest I've ever cried.

"Why?" I begin to cry out. "Why me? Why couldn't my parents just let the wolves kill me instead of them." I cried out as I began to then start sobbing with my face in my hands.

I suddenly hear the rustling of leaves and footsteps behind me getting closer.

"Princess?" I hear Ryan's voice say softly.

"Please leave me alone." I ask him.

"Look, I'm sorry for ever hurting you and for treating you the way that I have. Not that it's any excuse either, but I didn't know what you were going through." He says.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why did I have to hear it from your parents that we were mates? And about how we are part of the prophecy?" I asked him. Not that he really owes me an explanation really.

"I didn't think you'd listen to me. Let alone believe me. I barely believed it myself." He says to me while walking closer to me. Though my back is still turned to him.

"There's gotta be a mistake. I can't be the one they're talking about. And we can't be together. You and I both know that." I tell him.

I suddenly feel his two warm hands on my arms and then he turns me slowly to face him, though I still look down at the ground and avoid eye contact.

He then lifts my head to look up at him and again, our eyes lock with each other. Only this time, I don't want to break away.

"Look. I know I haven't been necessarily the nicest person to you and I'm not really good at this relationship stuff. In fact, I never planned to settle down so soon. But there is something about you that keeps drawing me in. Keeps me interested in wanting to know you more. And it's not because of some prophecy. There's just something about you. And if you'll let me, I would like us to give us a chance?" He tells me without even blinking really.

Is this the same Alpha who has been nothing but an asshole to me this whole time? It can't be.

Then again, he does have a point. I can't explain it neither but there is something about him too. I guess we could try it.

"Okay. I guess we can try." I reply.

I then notice him smile as though he is relieved and happy at the same time that I said that. To which I too began to smile as well.

Though I also couldn't help but think how interesting this was going to be. Cause no one can change overnight.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)

Of course things won't be so quick in the 'forgiving' part of this chapter for when I eventually publish the full version of this story but for now, since it is the short story version, it's like that. Lol.