CHAPTER 22: Show And Tell

RYAN

          Everyone seemed to be happy and excited about Ashley and I making it official in becoming mates, the other night.

          However, I never expected that her friend, Marybeth, would find me out.

          I didn't tell Ashley nor will I tell her what I'm doing.

          It is to protect her and I'm not with her because of it. I'm with her because I truly do love her. But I need to try and prevent this war that Derrick is planning, from happening.

          As far as my uncle, Troy goes, we have never really mentioned him in our family. He has always been jealous of my father and hated that he would never be the Alpha of my father's pack. So he thought he would take revenge and become rogue.

          My father would always tell me stories about him and my uncle when they were growing up.

          My father told me that Troy and him used to be best friends. They would do everything together and were very close.

         Then one day, while my dad and Troy were hunting, Troy witnessed a wolf being killed by a witch.

         Though Troy swore up and down that what he saw was the witch killing the wolf, my dad told me that he saw something different. He saw the witch trying to save the wolf. But Troy denied that fact. He saw what he wanted to see.

          In which I asked my dad what he meant by that. Which my dad told me that since they were little, him and Troy, they were told stories from other werewolves that witches were evil. They were manipulative and needed to be banned from werewolf territory.

         Then one day, there was a werewolf and a witch that fell in love, married and had a beautiful daughter, my mate, Ashley. And it was their great great grandparents whom created a peace treaty between not just the humans but also the werewolves and witches.

        Troy never could understand why the werewolves ever agreed to the treaty. So he went rogud. He became everything my father avoided.

        Troy's anger grew to hatred and disgust for my father, after finding out he was good friends with Ashley's parents. Since then, he has been the one we do not speak of. Because he has shamed our family name and we had no choice but to ban him from our territory.

         Except now, of course, it doesn't matter. Things are going to get bad very quickly and I will do everything it takes to make sure Ashley is safe.

         Ashley had taken Angel into the greenhouse in the backyard where they have spent most of the day at.

         So I walk out towards the greenhouse and before I get to the door, it opens up and out walks both of them, laughing and shutting the door behind them.

         "Hey baby." Ashley greets me with a huge smile, hug and kiss.

         "Hey babe." I reply.

         "Well, I'm gonna head inside and see what Brody is up to." Angel says before excusing herself and heading back into the house.

          "I want to show you something." Ashley tells me.

           "Okay." I reply.

          She then takes my hand and we begin walking off passed the greenhouse and several feet away, I notice a small building that looks as though it could be shed possibly made out of concrete.

          Once we walk up to it, she opens the door and switches on the light.

          I look around and I am amazed and in shock at what I am seeing.

         As I begin walking inside a little further, I hear her close the door behind her.

         I continue looking around as I can't believe the sight I am looking at.

         All history about werewolves and witches are in this place. From books, to the first Cauldron ever made, to the first Silver fighting weapon and much much more.

         "This is everything you could ever know about witches and werewolves. This place holds all the information and history of witches and werewolves. This is where my parents taught me everything. It even has some history on vampires but mostly yours and my kind." She tells me.

          "Wow." I say as I continue looking around. "It's almost like a museum." I reply.

          "In a way. But these things are the kind you don't share with others. Rather they are humans or our kind. In this place, there are secrets about all of our kinds and others. Here you can find weaknesses and strengths. Also, in here lies the book of dark spells." She tells me.

          "But you know all of the spells. Both good and bad, right?" I ask her.

          "Yes. But, if something were to happen to me, this place would need to be protected. No one can know about this. No one can get any of this is their possession. Otherwise, things will go badly really quick. All worlds will come to an end." She tells me.

           "Why are you showing me all this?" I ask her.

           "Because you are my mate. And if something were to happen to me, then I would have full trust in that you will protect all of this. And of something were to happen to both of us, then you would also choose someone that you trust to do the same." She tells me.

           My heart drops to the bottom of my stomach.

           "So you trust me, with all of this?" I ask for confirmation.

           "Yes. That's exactly what I'm telling you." She says as she walks closer to me with a smile, removes a necklace from around her neck and attached to it is a skeleton key and hands it to me.

             "I don't know what to say. Thank you." I tell her as I am truly grateful she trusts me for something like this.

             "Now we both have a key." She says as we begin to wrap both our arms around each other and begin to kiss one another before leaving, locking the place up and heading back towards the house, hand in hand.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)