CHAPTER 21: I Know What I Must Do!!

MARYBETH

         Ashley and I have been friends for as long as I can r emember.

         We became close like the sisters we never had. Especially after my parents were killed by rogue wolves when I was five years old.

         Ashley's parents took me in and treated me like their own.

         Though they never really came out and told me that Ashley was my responsibility to protect and watch over, I made a promise to myself when I was younger. That I was going to protect her. No matter what the outcome would be. Even if it meant to give up my life.

        She has no idea in just how much her life is in danger.

        I am grateful and very thankful that she has found her mate. However, she does not know that her mate's uncle happens to be the leader of the wolf pack that killed both her parents and are after her. Ryan's uncle is his father's brother.

       At least that is what I have found out recently from one of my sources. My fear is that if I present this evidence to Ashley, then I would break them up. I would break her heart as I see how much they love one another.

         I don't know, maybe I'm mistaken or maybe Ryan doesn't know about his uncle and what all he's up to. So I guess the best thing I can do right now is to find Ryan and ask him if he knows.

         It took all but fifteen minutes to finally find him in the study.

          As I walk in, I notice him looking around Ashley's dad's desk and through the drawers like he's looking for something.

          Before saying anything, I shut the door. In which startles him and causes him to jump while looking at me.

          "Marybeth. You scared me." He says.

          "Good. What are you doing?" I asked him.

          "I was just, hoping to find...." He began before I cut him off.

          "Information to give to your uncle?" I say with a smirk.

           "Excuse me?" He asks while pretending to not know what I'm talking about.

           "Don't even play that card with me. I know all about you and your family. Including your father's brother, your uncle Troy. I know he is behind all of this, including Ashley's parents' murders. I also know, that you know about it." I tell him as I walk a few feet towards him with my arms crossed onto my chest.

          He takes in a deep breath and then lets it out.

          "Yes. I do know his plans. But I swear that I didn't know about them until a week ago. My father told me about my uncle. He told me the plan Troy has. I've been trying ever since to look for something. To look for enough evidence against my uncle so that he be judged and condemned in confinement." He tells me.

         "Ryan. Please, I know your parents are head council. However, even they know there's only one way to stop him. And it isn't chains and torture the rest of his days." I assure him.

          "But...." he begins.

          "Look. I know you and Ashley mated last night. I know you love each other very much. And no disrespect to your kind or your parents, there is a war that is coming. A battle that both your kind and ours will meet. And at that time. In that moment, you will have less than a second to decide whose side you are on." I assure him.

         "I'm on your guys' side. As well as my parents too. And I know you are like a sister to Ashley and are being protective. But I promise you, I will protect her. I will love her." He says to me.

         I'm not sure how or why, but especially after he told me that, I believed him.

         So we ended up both sitting down and discussing how we will handle Derrick and his pack.

        One of the ideas he was protesting to and making sure it wasn't going to happen, was the idea I gave him about Ashley removing her spell. So that Derrick and his pack can smell her and we can use her as the bait to get both Derrick, the pack and Ryan's uncle, Troy.

       It did take a while for him to finally see and understand the big picture I was trying to make him understand.

       By the end of us talking, we both had decided to follow through with the plan and idea.

       Before any of all that can happen, again, we also agreed on the fact that even though Ashley has been learning to fight and is getting better with everything involved in her training,

       Now again, I love Ashley very much. I would do anything for her and for that reason, I know what I have to do.

         In which while Ashley's being distracted by the training and all, I will have my chance to protect her. She is after all......my best friend.

Sorry for the short chapter! :( but next one will be longer. :)

Next chapter will be posted soon! :):)