CHAPTER 23: It's You......

ASHLEY

         I was really glad to show Ryan the place that we keep all our histories at.

         I knew I could trust him and for the next few days, we all seemed to be more relaxed.

         We had finally took a break from training and decided we needed to have some fun and relax a little bit since we have done everything but that since we first arrived here.

         So tonight, we all planned to go out to a nice dinner and maybe out for a few drinks afterwards.

          I had just gotten out of the shower and put on my dress and finished getting ready to head downstairs and meet with everyone who I know was waiting for me when out of nowhere, I smell a familiar scent.

          'Oh no!' I thought to myself as I began to remember the scent. It was Lavamille. One of the most powerful sleeping methods used particularly for putting witches into deep sleep. It's a scent that seems to have been put on my clothes. Which who would've....Then I stopped myself and looked up as I stumbled a little towards the bed, then, before anything else, the next thing I saw was him. Standing in the corner and before I could scream for help, I collapsed on the floor and then everything went black.

*****************************************

           I had awakened on a cold concrete ground in what looked to be a dungeon from the medieval times where the riches kept criminals.

           There was a foul odor of blood and other bodily fluids, along with dirt and god knows what else.

           My head still felt a little fuzzy, but I remembered what happened. Well, at least up til the part before I blacked out.

           Damnit, I had never had Lavamille in so long. Nor have I ever even had it as strong as it was.

           I hear the door open and I scoot back until I'm against the wet and disgusting cold wall behind me as I also notice. The face I never thought I would ever see again, I saw.

          "Derrick." I say tiredly.

          "Yes, baby. It's me." He smiles.

          "Why are you doing this?" I ask him.

          "I'm not doing anything. Oh, you mean, why did I take you? Or why did I kill your parents, your aunt and cousin? Which 'this' are you talking about?" He asks.

          "Why did you murder them? I know you don't love me or want me. We both know what use you have for me." I tell him.

          "Is that so? Damn..." he says letting out a breath. "I hate it when people ruin the surprise. In which I'm sure you found out my intentions from Marybeth. Gosh. What the hell are you doing, associating yourself with people like her? You're royal. You don't need to be hanging out with low middle class like her. And don't even get me started on the DOGS you brought with you. Which, may I say, you really have lowered yourself and your status." He says with a grin while crossing his arms in front of his chest.

          "At least Ryan is a REAL Alpha. He doesn't need to hide behind someone else and take orders like a little bitch." I tell him with a smirk.

           "You think that his uncle has control over me? That I'm doing as HE tells me? He doesn't run this show. I do. Sure we've made a deal but, I don't answer to anyone. Including a pathetic thing such as himself." He says.

             "Then why are you hesitating in killing me? We both know that's exactly what you want to do. It's what you NEED to do in order to stop me from becoming yours and the other's biggest fear and threat." I tell him.

            "Oh I'm not hesitating. I have a plan. I have....use....for you. But don't get me wrong, I do plan on killing you. However, there are a few things I must get before that happens. Or should I say, there a re a few people I need to get first." He grins at me again and I run up to the bars and try putting my hand through the bars to try and claw at him, but can't reach him.

            In which he begins to laugh at me.

            "I am going to kill you!" I call out to him.

           "You know, I forgot how cute you are when you get mad." He teases before gesturing a kiss with his mouth and then leaving back upstairs and slamming the door shut behind him.

         I start to hit the wall and suddenly begin crying as I lean back against the wall and start to slide down onto the ground where I sit and am crying into the palms of my hands as I begin thinking about Ryan and all of them. How I wish I could warn them.

          Though they knew somewhat, in a way, of what to expect, I still feel guilty. Especially for Marybeth.

          I begin thinking how I could possibly be a queen who protects her people and keeps peace when I couldn't even do it for my best friend, family and my mate?

         For the first time, since my parents, aunt and cousin's death, I feel weak. Hopeless. Like I'm not worthy of my title as the future queen of all the lands. I feel as though I'm a failure and a disappointment to my parents.

         Why did I have to be born? Especially as royalty, part of some prophecy and half witch and half werewolf?

          I'm not going to give up trying to do the right thing and to make sure my new family and everyone I love, as well as my people, are safe and have them know that I will fight til the end for all of them. And not because of me being part of a prophecy or cause it's my duty as their future queen. But because I do want peace. I do care for them all and our future. I just hope I am prepared and strong enough for all of them. For myself.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)