CHAPTER 27: Fate....

ASHLEY

        I watched my Alpha. My love. My life's body, lying on the ground, breathing slowly and in pain.

        There was only one thing left to do. I needed to be the one to get rid of Troy once and for all.

        I knew what I would have to do in order to do it. It would involve a spell that I had discovered accidentally when I was a kid and a little girl was making fun of me and was a huge bully. However, I need to do it.

        I start focusing on Troy as I watch him slowly walking towards Ryan to try and finish him off. I begin concentrating on him. Then begin the spell:

            Let cruelty, pain and evil deeds
            Follow this wolf til he no longer
            breathes
            Reverse the torment that he creates
            To turn on him a much crueler fate

        During the spell, the wind begins to blow harder than ever as I continue concentrating more and more on him.

        Suddenly, the noise from the cracking of his bones were echoed throughout the trees, along with a yelp of pain.

         He stops a little bit after his ribs have just cracked and is now stumbling a little bit towards Ryan still. Then I start twisting his intestines and start to make him feel his insides beginning to burn.

         Finally he stops and turns around to face me with his red bloodthirsty eyes and begins to have an involuntary spasmodic movement of his limbs before beginning to walk towards me.

         I am too focused on finishing the spell as the final part is about to be done as I continue repeating the spell over and over again. That I don't notice how close he is until finally, I cause his heart to finally explode and collapse right in front of me.

         That is when I snap out of the trance I was in while doing the spell and look at his now lifeless body in front of me.

         I get up and quickly begin to run towards Ryan, who seems to still be passed out and as I roll him onto his back, now in his human form, I notice him bleeding on his side, along with some deep claw wounds from his fight with his uncle and then Angel and Brody both walk up to us and they too are in their human forms, clothed and they pick Ryan up and begin carrying him towards the car. Then a few others from Ryan's pack help pick up Marybeth's body and begin to carry her back towards the car as well so that we can take her back to the castle and bury her properly.

         Though while walking back towards the car, the wolves left that were not injured from the fighting, I had them burn not just Derrick's body and his pack that were now dead, but also, they needed to burn Troys' body as well.

*****************************************

          As soon as we arrived back at the castle, I immediately took care of Ryan's wounds. Though there wasn't much time left.

         So after Brody had placed him on the bed, I had Angel hurry and run to bring me my jar that had plants and herbs that helped to heal wounds like these.

         I poured a little bit of the ingredients into the palm of my hand and rubbed them together a little in my hands as I then placed my hands over his stomach and everywhere that his pain and bones were broken or and fractured, closed my eyes, imagined his wounds all healing both internally and externally as well. I began to picture his bones mending back together, his bruises and claw marks fading away and healing. All of this while saying a healing spell....

         I call upon the ones to undo,
        The pain that he had to go through.
        By the powers of wind, by the power of
        air,
       I heal your injury with much great care.
       No medical attention is required here,
       For I heal your injury whether your far or
       near.
       So then on this night in this hour,
       I heal your wound with my power.

        I repeated that spell a few times before then placing a gentle kiss onto his lips and then leaving him to rest and heal fully.

        As soon as I was finished with him, I closed the bedroom door behind me after stepping into the hallway where I saw both Angel, Brody and a few others from the pack ask me if Ryan was going to be okay or not.

        "He'll be okay. He just needs a little time to rest and heal. So most likely, since the injuries were pretty bad and deep, it may take a few weeks for him to recover from them. For right now, all we can do is wait." I told them.

        The waiting game, my parents called it, was one of the worst things that could happen and that you could do. It comes at the worst times.

         Though I was collective and calm when I told them Ryan's condition, I was dying inside. I was screaming loudly deep down, along with agonizing pain. I was worried. Cause for the most part, werewolves heal fast, especially Alpha's. They heal the quickest. However, these wounds were worse than anything I have ever seen and I'm sure worse than anything he has ever had happen to him, himself.

         Though right now, on top of everything else, I also had to bury my best friend. I am the only family she has so this is going to be a small gathering.

          I asked Charles, one of our guards to dig a hole in the backyard, next to my parents. In which, he did.

*****************************************

          It took several hours, almost the rest of the day, to dig the hole. However, the sun was setting after Charles was finished placing the last of the dirt, on top of the pile that was over Marybeth's body.

           I had her dressed in one of her favorite dresses. That was a royal blue, victorian dress, almost similar to the one that Rose wore in titanic when she was leaning off the boat, only blue. Her hair was curled and placed on each side of her neck, along with beautiful red roses that had baby's breath in it.

         After he was done, I had asked for him to give me some alone time. In which, of course, he did as I wiped tears from my eyes and sniffed.

         "You know, normally I have the right words to say. But for right now, I don't. I know some people will even write things down to help them get through saying what they want to say. But again, I don't. I don't because I still can't believe you're gone. And despite what you might think or would try and tell me otherwise, if you were here, I know that it is my fault. Everything that happened was my fault. I couldn't protect you or Ryan. I'm still not sure if he's okay or if he's going to be...." I stop for a brief moment and begin to wipe my tears, before continuing. "I don't know how I'm gonna be the princess and strong for everyone when every part of me right now is falling apart into a million pieces and I'm not sure in how to put myself back together or even IF I can. But I promise, right here and now, both you and my parents, my aunt and cousin and to all those that rely on me, I will do my best in  making you all proud if me. I will try and be the best princess I can be and will make sure that another war doesn't begin." I finish  before kneeling down and placing a rose on top of the piles of dirt.

          Then after a brief moment of breaking down and crying into the palm of my hands, I feel someone's arms wrap around my shoulder and starts to comfort me. It's Angel and Brody reminding me that I will never be alone and that they will help me every step of the way.

          We all sit there for a few more moments, hugging each other and me continuing to cry while both Angel and Brody assure me everything is going to be alright.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)