Chapter 2: On a Boat

3 Months Later...

It had been a while since Godzilla had given his DNA to the Jurassic World staff. Now, he, Mothra, Rodan, Anguirus, and Battra were on a ferry heading towards Isla Nublar, where they would take a monorail to Jurassic World. They were wearing more casual clothes rather than their normal outfits. Godzilla was wearing a green hoodie and black pants, Mothra had an orange sleeveless top and light blue jeans as well as a yellow scarf, Battra was wearing a black jacket with light yellow fur lining, Rodan wore a red sleeveless shirt underneath a brown jacket and blue jeans, and Anguirus just wore his regular clothes, which looked normal enough to wear in public, though he had his sleeves rolled down. They did this to appear less as Kaiju and more as regular people. They didn't want to draw attention to themselves. They were currently failing at this, since Mothra was flying around in circles nearly 5 feet above the deck as she tried to contain her excitement.
"I can't believe we're going to Jurassic World!" She practically squealed.
"Mothra, people are staring." Godzilla muttered. Mothra quickly floated back to the ground and coughed in embarrassment.
"Sorry." She said. "I'm just really excited. I mean, as a Goddess of Life, I've always wanted to see the flora and fauna of prehistoric times. It's going to be so great to finally be able to observe it!"
"That's cool and all, but I'm more excited for the rides and stuff." Rodan said. "I heard they have this thing called a Gyrosphere, where you can ride around and see dinosaurs up close." Anguirus agreed.  "They have other events too, like that awesome mosasaur show." He added.
Battra, on the other hand seemed unenthused.
"I'm just happy to be away from Monster Island for a while." He said. "For a time, it seemed like we were fighting off one threat after another. It's going to be nice to not deal with anything for a while." Mothra raised an eyebrow as she heard him say this.
"Why would you want to be away from Monster Island?" She asked. "Wouldn't you like to be closer to Muto?"
Battra's cheeks reddened in embarrassment as he heard what Mothra said. "I... I don't know what you mean." Godzilla smirked as he walked up to the two and placed a hand on Mothra's shoulder.
"I think what Mothra's trying to say is that you and Muto seem to spend every waking moment together." He said. Mothra nodded.
"Well, she considers me to be her best friend." Battra explained. "We spend time together because we both have nobody else we'd like to spend time with."
"Are you sure about that?" Rodan asked, raising an eyebrow.
"It almost seems like you want to be more than friends with her." Anguirus added. Battra blushed even harder.
"I have no idea what you're all talking about." He muttered, slowly pulling his head into his jacket. "We're just friends, nothing more."
Mothra giggled. "But you and Muto would be so cute together!"
Battra glared at her. "If you weren't my sister, I'd throw you overboard right now."
Mothra began to laugh again, but stopped and slowly backed away as she realized he was serious. Godzilla moved his hand from her shoulder to her waist, pulling her slightly closer to him.
"Alright, I think we should leave Battra alone now." He suggested. The others seemed to agree, and left Battra alone. He turned to face the ships railing and leaned on it, overlooking the ocean as the boat passed by. He would normally hate this kind of thing, but for some reason it calmed him down now. He looked to his side, where he saw Anguirus was still there, looking at him somewhat smugly.
"What do you want?" Battra asked.
"Mothra's right. You and Muto would be cute together." Anguirus said. Battra then promptly threw him overboard into the water below.

While Rodan pulled Anguirus out of the Ocean, Godzilla and Mothra went to the lounge to relax. The lounge was quiet, and filled with soft looking chairs. A window stretched around the walls, showing the front and sides of the ship. Godzilla and Mothra sat down next to each other in an area with few people around.
"This is gonna be a pretty long ride." Godzilla said. "What do you wanna do?"
"I brought a book." Mothra said. She held up the book she had been reading for the past few days. "Didn't you bring one?"
Godzilla rubbed the back of his head. "I'm not the biggest reader." He said, shrugging. Mothra rolled her eyes and opened her book. Godzilla chuckled and pulled out his communicator. He contacted Baragon, who he left in charge while they were gone. When he picked up, Godzilla could hear growling on the other end.
"Oh, hey, Godzilla." He said. "What's up?"
"Just checking in." Godzilla said. "What's making that growling noise?"
He could hear more growling and barking, and also heard a voice shouting "Ow, dammit!"
"Everything's fine." Baragon assured. Though it appeared he wasn't being entirely truthful. "We're just having some trouble with Dogzilla."
"He freaking bit me!" Leo shouted from offscreen. Baragon looked offscreen, where Leo was apparently standing. He looked scared.
"Wait, keep him away from me!" He shouted. It was too late, as the dog Kaiju suddenly jumped onto his face, knocking him down and making him drop the communicator. Godzilla was speechless. After a few seconds, he saw Dogzilla look down at the communicator's screen. When he saw Godzilla's face, he started barking and panting and wagging his tail happily. Godzilla couldn't help but chuckle.
"Hey, buddy." Godzilla said. "Try to behave while we're gone okay? No more biting people."
Dogzilla seemed to understand, and nodded at the camera. He pressed a paw to the screen, shutting off the communication. Godzilla had no idea how a dog was able to know how to do this, but he simply shrugged it off as something due to his Kaiju DNA. He put away the communicator and turned to Mothra, who was now wearing headphones. He tapped her on the shoulder, getting her attention. She looked up at him and removed one of her headphones.
"Yeah?" She asked.
"What're you listening to?" Godzilla asked. Rather than answer, Mothra passed him one of her headphones. He put it into his ear, and heard the music she was listening to. He recognized it as "World is Mine" by Hatsune Miku. Mothra always was a big fan of Vocaloid. Godzilla had to admit he didn't mind the song either. His concentration was interrupted by someone approaching him. It was a kid. He seemed pretty excited. Godzilla raised an eyebrow and removed his headphone.
"Uh... hey." He said. "Can I help you?"
"Are you Godzilla and Mothra?" The kid asked.
Godzilla nodded. "Yeah." He said. The kid seemed even more excited now.
"I knew it!" He said. "M-my name is Grey. I saw you take down Muto in San Fransisco, and then when you beat Ghidorah in Tokyo, that was awesome! And when you fought Bagan on Rainbow Bridge with those two clones in the mech suits, that was totally epic!"
Grey continued to gush over Godzilla's various adventures and accomplishments. Even Mothra took notice of him, raising an eyebrow in confusion. Grey continued to go on, until Godzilla spoke up.
"Alright kid, I get it." He chuckled. "You're a pretty big fan, huh?"
"Yeah I am!" Grey said. He was about to talk even more, until someone else approached him. He seemed to be older than Grey, and Godzilla guessed this was his brother.
"What did I tell you about running off?" He said. He looked up and saw Godzilla. He seemed surprised to see him. "Whoa. Y-you're Godzilla."
"Yep. Are you this kid's brother?" Godzilla asked.
"Y-yeah. My name's Zach." He said. "Sorry about my brother. He's a huge fan of you guys. He didn't bother you, did he?"
"Oh, not at all." Mothra said. "It's always nice to meet a fan."
"Cool. Hopefully we'll see you guys at the park." Zach said.
"Wait, one more thing." Grey said. "Did you guys really meet the Avengers?"
Godzilla nodded. "Yeah, we did." He said.
"Really!? Awesome! So who's side are you on?" Grey asked.
"Side?" Godzilla asked. He turned to Mothra, hoping for an answer, but she just shrugged.
"Yeah, you know, for the Avengers Civil War." Grey said. "Captain America and Iron Man are fighting right now, and the Avengers are all split up because of it. Everyone at my school is on one side or the other. I'm on Iron Man's side."
"I... uh... didn't know about that." Godzilla said.
After this, Zach ushered his brother away, leaving Godzilla and Mothra alone. Godzilla furrowed his brow and looked down.
"Civil War?" He muttered.
"That doesn't sound good." Mothra said. "We should ask Tony and Steve about that when we get back."
Godzilla nodded. He was curious as to what it was all about, but he agreed that they should leave it until the trip was over. Right now, all he wanted to do was relax.