Chapter 12: Outside

Later that Night...

Charlie giggled as she pulled her new suit over her small body. "This is so cool!" She said, buckling her new belt over her waist. "I've never been on a mission before!... Hey, Blue, what's a mission?"
"It means we've been given an important task." Blue explained, adjusting her new wristbands.
"Ooooooh okay." Charlie nodded. "...One more question; what's a task?"
Blue rolled her eyes at her sisters antics. Each of the raptors had been given special military-grade jumpsuits equipped with armour and tracking sensors. They also had wristbands that measured their heart rates, and headsets equipped with cameras and heat sensors. Their belts had holsters that held walkie-talkies as well as weapons specifically meant for them. Echo studied the costume carefully in a mirror. She had a large grin on her face as her claw poked at her teeth.
"Hmm... these suits are nice, but they're kinda tight." Echo said.
"They have to be tight." Blue explained. "Our normal loose-fitting clothes would get caught on tree branches and stuff."
The suits were made of tough spandex and kevlar. They had the strength to withstand most attacks, but were loose enough to accommodate the raptors natural agility. They also kept their body temperature down, and were colour coded on the shoulders and parts of the waist. Blue's suit was blue, obviously, Charlie's suit was yellow, Delta's suit was green, and Echo's was orange. While Echo continued to admire herself, Blue noticed Delta. She appeared to be training, but it looked more like she was just slashing at a tree with her claws. Blue raised an eyebrow.
"Wanna calm down a little Delta?" She said. "We're not gonna be fighting this thing, we're just gonna track it."
Delta stopped and glared at her, barely turning her head. "You don't know that." She said. "You may be our leader, but this is above even you."
Blue rolled her eyes. Delta was usually this overdramatic. "Well, just take it easy, okay?"
"Fine, if that would make you leave me alone." Delta muttered.
This was good enough for Blue. She walked away from her sisters as her gaze shifted to the wall that had surrounded them their entire lives. She eyed it carefully. She had always wanted to be away from these walls. She had always wanted to be free. And now she was finally getting that chance.
"You excited to step outside for a change?" Blue jumped as she heard a voice next to her, on the other side of the wall. It was Godzilla. She calmed down when she realized this.
"Yeah." Blue said, rubbing her arm. "As long as I've been alive, I've never been outside the enclosure. None of us have."
"Really? That kinda sucks." Godzilla said. Blue chuckled.
"It's not that bad." she shrugged. "But sometimes I like to imagine what the outside is like. We all picture it differently. Charlie thinks it's a big place full of food. Delta thinks it's nothing but a wasteland. And Echo thinks everyone out there has different colours of blood."
Godzilla couldn't help but chuckle a little at some of these predictions. "And what do you expect the outside to be like?"
"I expect it's a forest that goes on forever and ever." Blue explained. "That probably sounds dumb to someone who's actually been outside."
"Nah, not really." Godzilla said. "I mean, it makes sense compared to what you're already surrounded by."
"Yeah, I guess you're right." Blue said. She was about to say something else, but something made her pause for a moment. For some reason, she felt a strong connection to Godzilla. She had no idea why, but it just felt like she shared something important with him, almost as if he was a part of her. Before she could dwell on these thoughts further, she and the other raptors were called to the other side of the enclosure by Owen. She said goodbye to Godzilla, and went over to him with the others. Meanwhile, Battra landed next to Godzilla after flying in from the admission building.
"All the guests are safely inside now." He said. He, Mothra, Rodan, and Anguirus had been helping escort people out of the park and into the building to keep them safe and help them recover. Godzilla nodded.
"Where are the others?" He asked.
"Mothra is still healing people, and Rodan and Anguirus are helping her." Battra explained.
Godzilla smirked as he heard this. "That's good to hear. Mothra's really something else, isn't she?"
Battra raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?"
"I've just been thinking about her a lot lately." Godzilla said. "About how she's had such an impact on our lives. Like, without her, I'd probably be just as much of an asshole as my dad. And you'd probably still be working for Ghidorah."
Battra nodded. The more he thought about it, the more he realized Godzilla was right. Mothra had a bigger impact on his life than he had thought. He smirked a bit. "I guess that's true." He said. "She's helped us all more than she knows."
"Yep, she really is the best." Godzilla said. "It's no wonder I fell in love with her."
As he said this, Battra's smile fell. It was no secret that he hated the fact his sister was dating Godzilla. He was extremely protective of his sister, mostly due to regret for the things he had done to her in the past. But he had spent all day with Godzilla, and had gotten to know him much better. He had a very different opinion of him now than he did when they first met. Maybe him being with Mothra wasn't such a bad thing after all.
"Listen... I know I've been against you and Mothra being together for a while." Battra said. "But I think maybe... I've changed my mind."
"Wait, really?" Godzilla said, raising an eyebrow. He wasn't expecting Battra to bring this up.
"Yes, really." Battra nodded. "You have my blessing to date my sister. I know you probably don't need it, but I'm giving it anyway."
"Oh... thanks, man." Godzilla said, chuckling slightly. He raised his hand to fist bump with Battra, who was slightly confused by the gesture. Eventually he caught on, and reciprocated the fist bump. Not long afterword, Mothra suddenly teleported in next to them in a flash of green light. She was holding Godzilla's sword, and the hilt of Battra's elemental katana.
"Hey guys." She said. Godzilla and Battra both jumped back in surprise as she appeared, which in turn startled Mothra. They all stared at each other for about a second before calming down.
"Oh... hey, Mothra." Godzilla said. "How are all the park guests?"
"Everyone's fine. There were some injuries, but nothing I couldn't heal. The paramedics are taking care if everything now." Mothra explained. "After I was finished, I teleported back to Monster Island to grab our weapons." She handed the elemental katana to Battra first. "Anything happen while I was gone?"
"Nothing much. We're going to leave to track the Indominus in about 10 minutes." Battra said, activating his swords glowing yellow blade. Meanwhile, Mothra gave Godzilla his sword. He thanked her with a kiss on her cheek, making her giggle.
"Hey, c'mon, not in front of Battra." She laughed, pushing him away slightly.
"No, no, don't mind me." Battra said. "You two can be as intimate as you want."
Mothra turned around to face him and raised an eyebrow. "Hm? Battra, are you feeling alright?"
"What do you mean?" Battra asked.
"Usually when Godzilla kisses me, you get all annoyed." Mothra explained. "But now you're cool with it?"
Battra shrugged. "I've had a change of heart."
"Oh." Mothra said. She then turned around and kissed Godzilla on the lips for an extended period of time. Battra rolled his eyes, but other than that, he appeared to be fine. Eventually, the two pulled away from each other.
"Thanks for making an effort to get along with Battra." She said.
"No problem." Godzilla shrugged. "So... does that mean you're gonna 'thank' me again?"
Mothra's cheerful expression fell, replaced with one of slight annoyance. "Don't push it." She said. The two let go of each other as Anguirus and Rodan approached them. They were holding their weapons as well, as Mothra had already given them to them.
"So when're we gonna find this thing?" Rodan asked.
"Soon." Godzilla nodded. "The raptors are still getting ready. Then we can go."
After a few more minutes, Owen rolled past them on a motorcycle. He motioned for them to follow him, which they did. He lead them to the entrance to the raptor enclosure. He whistled, signalling for the raptors to come to the other side of the door. They all lined up in front of the giant doors, waiting for them to open.
"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, we're finally gonna go outside!" Charlie squealed in delight. "I can't wait to find this 'Indian-mouse' thing!"
"It's called Indominus, dummy." Delta snapped. "And I'm gonna rip it to shreds."
"Ooh, I'd like to see that." Echo hissed.
Blue said nothing. She was too focused. Finally, the door opened. Owen, Godzilla and the others stood on the other side. Blue gulped and breathed in deeply. For the first time in her life, she took a step outside.