Chapter 6: Enjoy the Show

The next day, Godzilla and the others decided to go out to the park again. But before they left, Mothra approached Godzilla and Battra. They were sitting at the kitchen table eating breakfast, when Mothra came up to them and grabbed their shoulders.
"Hey, can I talk to you two for a sec?" She said.
"Sure. What's up?" Godzilla asked.
"I'll tell you in private." Mothra said before she abruptly walked away.
Godzilla looked at Battra, who he hoped would have an idea of what Mothra wanted. Battra simply shrugged. So they followed Mothra back to her and Godzilla's room while Rodan and Anguirus discussed what they should do in the park. The situation got stranger when Mothra closed the door behind them.
"Mothra, what's this about?" Battra asked.
"Well, I've noticed that you two haven't been getting along lately." Mothra said. Godzilla looked at Battra, and Battra looked back at him. They both raised their eyebrows in tandem.
"We get along fine." Godzilla said. Battra nodded. Mothra crossed her arms.
"When was the last time you two interacted by yourselves?" She asked.
Battra attempted to answer, but couldn't. However, Godzilla did have an answer, though he doubted it was what Mothra wanted to hear.
"I think it was when Battra beat the crap out of me in New York." He said. Battra thought for a moment, and realized Godzilla was right. Mothra nodded.
"See, that's my point." She said. "I want you two to interact more. I mean, you're both important people in my life. I really want you to get along."
"Alright, I guess we can... talk more?" Godzilla suggested.
"I'm fine with that." Battra shrugged.
"No, no, that's not what I meant." Mothra said. "I think you two should spend the day together. Just the two of you."
Godzilla looked at Battra for answers again. Both of them seemed unenthused at the idea. It wasn't that they didn't like each other, they just didn't want to hang out much.
"Actually, Mothra, I was kinda hoping you and I could spend the day together." Godzilla said. Battra's eyes narrowed at Godzilla as he said this. Mothra noticed this.
"I'd love nothing more, but this is more important." She said. "Please? Just one day and then I'll never bring it up again."
Battra sighed. "If it's what you want, I'll do it." He nodded. He turned to Godzilla, awaiting his answer. Mothra turned her head to the side slightly and smiled. She was trying to use her natural cuteness to coerce Godzilla into agreeing. Eventually, he gave in.
"Sure, I'm in." He said. Mothra smiled even wider than before and hugged Godzilla and Battra tightly.
"Thanks, you guys!" She said.
Godzilla and Battra looked at each other nervously, beginning to regret their decisions.

It had been an hour since they left the hotel, and Godzilla still had no idea what to do with Battra. They were complete opposites. Godzilla wanted to walk around and see everything, while Battra was content to stay in one area. Eventually, he got fed up with the park as a whole.
"I'm bored. I'm just going to go back to the hotel." He said.
"We've only been out for an hour." Godzilla said. "C'mon, there must be something we can do that we can both enjoy."
"I know, but... I really just don't like hanging out with you." Battra admitted. Godzilla raised an eyebrow at Battra's bluntness. Battra shrugged in response.
"Just being honest." He said. Godzilla rolled his eyes.
"Regardless of how much we may or may not like each other's company, Mothra's gonna be mad at both of us if we don't hang out for the day." He said. Battra knew this was true. He also tried to think about something they could do together. That's when an announcement came over the intercom.
"Attention; the mosasaurus show will start in half an hour." It said. Godzilla and Battra looked at each other.
"I wouldn't mind seeing that." Godzilla shrugged.
"Me either." Battra agreed. With that settled, they began to walk over to the mosasaurus pool. It was at the centre of the park, surrounded by rows and rows of seating, allowing guests to see the massive swimming beast. Right now, the pool was covered up with giant metallic doors. They would open when the show began. Godzilla and Battra found their seats, and waited for the show to begin. The announcer, some annoyingly cheery college student, came out and attempted to hype up the crowd with a megaphone. Eventually, the doors over the pool opened, and the crowd finally saw the mosasaur. It was truly enormous. Both Battra and Godzilla were impressed.
"So is this all? We just watch it swim around for ten minutes?" Battra asked.
"No, they get it to do tricks and stuff." Godzilla explained. "It's like SeaWorld, but cooler."
Battra nodded and watched as they brought out a crane over the pool. It was holding a dead great white shark.
"I'm pretty sure that's illegal." Battra said.
"And I'm pretty sure this park is already breaking a few laws." Godzilla countered.
The mosasaur jumped out of the pool and closed its jaws around the shark, landing back into the water with a mighty splash, sending water splashing all over the audience. Luckily, Godzilla and Battra were untouched by water. The whole audience clapped, and so did the two Kaiju.
"Good thing we're not sitting in the splash area." Battra said. "I hate getting wet."
Godzilla nodded, but as he did, he saw them bringing the crane even higher into the air. They readied another shark. This would mean the resulting splash would be larger, covering even more of the audience. Godzilla also realized that he and Battra were in fact sitting in the splash area. The whole audience was the splash area. His eyes widened.
"Uh... Battra?" He said.
"Shh, he's about to jump again." Battra said. Again, the mosasaur jumped, eating the shark and splashing the audience. Again, the crowd applauded and cheered. Luckily, the water still didn't hit Battra or Godzilla, yet.
"I think we should move to different seats." Godzilla said.
"All the other seats are taken." Battra said. He shushed Godzilla again as the crane raised another shark as high as it could go. This time, there was a large amount of time before the mosasaur emerged. Godzilla braced himself for the inevitable.
"This is gonna suck." He muttered. Battra, on the other hand, was still unaware that he was about to be drenched, as he was too drawn into the show. Suddenly, the mosasaur jumped higher than ever before, nearly rising completely out of the pool itself. It grabbed the shark and landed back in the water, producing a splash bigger than ever before. Battra looked up, now realizing what was about to happen.
"Oh." He said right as the massive wave of water came down over his and Godzilla's heads, completely dousing them in water. The crowd once again cheered, but Godzilla and Battra were less than amused. Godzilla opened one of his eyes, only to see Battra staring foreword. All the enjoyment he may have been experiencing was now gone, replaced with annoyance and contempt.
"Well... that was still kinda fun, right?" Godzilla asked. Battra didn't say anything. He glared at Godzilla for a moment, before getting up and leaving, along with the rest of the crowd now that the show was over. Godzilla sighed before following Battra and the rest of the audience.

Owen stepped into the Indominus' pit, along with two other raptor trainers. He took out a radio and talked to Claire.
"Alright, where is she?" He asked. Claire took a while before answering.
"Um... I can't find it." She said. "She's not showing up on the radar."
Owen was about to question this, until one of the trainers tapped him on the shoulder.
"Boss, you're gonna want to take a look at this." He said. Owen turned around, seeing the massive wall surrounding the pit. There were scratch marks on it. Only a dinosaur could make scratches like these. Owen's eyes widened.
"Oh my god." He said. "She's escaped."
Suddenly, his radio crackled to life again. Claire spoke up.
"Owen, I found it. It's right behind you!" She practically shouted. Own turned around, only to be hit by a spray of blood as the Indominus slashed the throat of one of the trainers. He realized what had happened. She used her claws to scratch at the walls, making them think she escaped. This would get them to let their guard down. She had somehow lowered her own body heat to hide from the radars. Owen knew that some reptiles could do this, and guessed they used the DNA from those reptiles while creating her. Owen pulled his radio up and ran away, with the other trainer following close behind.
"Claire, close the doors now!" Owen said. His plan was to slide under the doors just before they closed, keeping the Indominus from escaping. The other trainer was running with him, but wasn't fast enough. The Indominus pounced on him and ripped her claws through his back, digging through his flesh until he stopped moving. She looked up to Owen, who was running for the door, and realized his plan. She snarled and took off after him, running on all fours. With the door less than 2 feet off the ground, Owen slid underneath and landed on the other side. But the door wasn't fast enough. The Indominus' small stature allowed her to slide under the door easily before it closed. Luckily, Owen managed to hide underneath a nearby car, and doused himself in the vehicle's gasoline to mask his scent. He peered out from underneath the floor of the car as the Indominus sniffed around, whipping her tail back and forth. She didn't seem to notice him. She was covered in blood. After blinking a few more times, she grinned widely, showing her long rows of sharp teeth. Eventually, she opened her mouth.
"Free..." She hissed. Owen's eyes widened. She could speak. Without ever hearing the English language before, she had the ability to speak. Owen realized she had been listening to the conversations had by people watching her behind the glass, including himself and Claire. After a few seconds, she began to walk away into the jungle. When he was sure she was gone, Owen rushed out and hid behind the car. He pulled out the radio and spoke into it.
"Claire, she's escaped." He said.
"What!?" Claire shouted from the other end.
"Shut down the park. No one is safe until you find her." Owen ordered.
"On it." Claire agreed. Owen looked over the car again, looking in the direction the Indominus ran off to. He knew she had a plan, and she was about to put it into action.