Chapter 13: Betrayal

The jungle was dark as Owen lead the raptors speeding through the bushes and foliage. They could keep up with his bike due to their powerful legs. Blue ran gracefully on two legs, while the others preferred to run on all fours. Delta was animalistic in her movements, while Echo was graceful like Blue, and Charlie was more exaggerated in her movements. She was clearly more interested in having a good time than actually finding the Indominus. Godzilla and Anguirus followed close behind on motorbikes of their own. While neither had learned to drove a car, driving a bike seemed much easier.
"Aww man this is awesome!" Anguirus shouted.
"Stay focused. We're not here to have fun." Godzilla reminded. He rolled his eyes at his own statement. He remembered that the trip was originally for fun, but now it had turned into just another mission. Despite that, he knew he had a responsibility to help people. and that's exactly what he was going to do. Mothra, Rodan, and Battra flew overtop of them, speeding along to keep up with the others. A small group of heavily armed guards were behind them all. They followed the raptors through the forest before finally coming to a stop. Owen held up a hand, signalling the others behind him to stop moving. The raptors sniffed the air in front of them.
"Looks like they found something." Godzilla muttered. He was right. He recognized the area as the location of the old park. The Indominus was here. Soon enough, the creature stepped out. She eyed the group in front of her, most of them aiming guns directly at her, and smirked.
"So you've found me." She said. "And I see you've brought me exactly what I need."
Nobody said anything, but everyone was confused what she meant by this. The raptors didn't seem to care. They just stared at her and growled lightly, except for Charlie, who was more scared than the others. Delta was especially vicious.
"The only things I'm gonna bring you are my claws in your throat!" She hissed. Blue glared at her.
"Delta stop it!" She snapped.
"That's right, Delta." The Indominus said. "You wouldn't want to hurt your own kind, would you?"
Delta froze. "Wha... h-how do you know my name?"
"I know all of you." The Indominus explained. "You are the 'Raptor Squad'. Blue, Charlie, Delta, and Echo. And you were created by the same people who created me."
Godzilla and Owen's eyes both widened. Not only was it surprising that the Indominus knew she was an artificial creation, but she was telling the raptors about this. This could be dangerous.
"Don't listen to her!" Owen ordered. But the raptors ignored him.
"What do you mean?" Blue asked. "We were born from eggs, like all dinosaurs... weren't we?"
"Yes, but you were not born normally." The Indominus grinned wickedly. "You're like me. All of us were created by human hands."
"T-that can't be true." Echo hissed.
"It is." The Indominus continued, and pointed at Owen and the others. "They are the ones who lied to you. You are not natural born creatures. We are abominations of science. We existed solely for their entertainment! They created us just to prove that they could!"
Blue and the other raptors were shell shocked. She slowly swivelled her head around to face Owen, wordlessly pleading for him to tell her the Indominus was lying. But Owen's face told her it was true. A tear rolled down Blue's face as she turned back to the Indominus, who continued to speak.
"But we're not the only ones." She said. "There were more, but they died due to their incompetence. They consider us nothing more than assets for their profit."
"...I don't get it." Charlie said, cocking her head to the side.
"She's trying to say that the humans don't really care about us. Nobody does." Delta growled, eyeing Owen with murderous intent.
"W-what do we do now?" Blue muttered. The Indominus placed a claw on her shoulder. She was much taller that the raptors.
"Abandon your old alpha and follow me." She offered. "I can give you purpose. Join me, and we will take revenge on all humans for their arrogance."
"Blue, don't listen to her!" Owen pleaded. But it was too late. The Indominus had claimed the raptors as her own. They were at her command.
"We will follow you." Blue confirmed.
"Good." The Indominus grinned again. "Now, to begin our revenge. Take your anger out on those who wronged you. Kill them all!"
The raptors turned around in unison, all of them looking much more angry and vicious than they had before. Even Charlie looked scary. Before they could attack, Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, Battra, and Anguirus drew their weapons.
"Everyone get back to the park!" Godzilla ordered. "We'll take care of this."
Owen nodded. "Don't hurt them too much." He said. Godzilla nodded back, and Owen sped away as the raptors lunged at the Kaiju. Blue attacked Godzilla, Charlie attacked Rodan and Battra, Delta attacked Anguirus, and Echo attacked Mothra. Godzilla was already having trouble dodging Blue's swift and brutal attacks. She wasn't as deadly as the Indominus, but she was still just as vicious. Godzilla tried to respect Owen's wishes and tried not to hurt her too much. But if he didn't attack her, she was definitely going to kill him. Blue screamed as she swung her claws down at him, and he blocked with his sword. She wasn't nearly as strong as him.
"Listen, Blue, you need to stop!" Godzilla said. "The Indominus is just using you! She's manipulating you!"
Blue slapped Godzilla in the legs with her tail, making him fall over. He rolled out of the way and stood up before she pounced on him.
"The humans were the ones using me!" She roared. "Owen told us we were like the other creatures in the park, but he lied to us!"
She ran towards him and pounced again, but this time, Godzilla defended by swinging his sword. He hit her arm, but her scales deflected much of the blow. It was still painful, and caused her to shout in agony while she grabbed onto her wound. She looked up at Godzilla with a look of pure rage, but she was met with his foot in her face. She was knocked out immediately. While this was happening, Mothra was struggling with Echo. She was still getting used to using two knives rather than one, but she found that dual wielding helped to defend against Echo's relentless attacks. Echo's claws were much sharper than the other raptors, and she managed to slice at Mothra's clothing and skin a few times. She was also extremely fast. She ran and ducked behind Mothra, tripping her with her tail before she had a chance to turn around. As soon as she was on the ground, Echo wrapped her tail around Mothra's throat and pinned her with her hands.
"I wonder how easy it is to kill a goddess?" Echo hissed with a malicious grin on her face. Mothra struggled to breath as Echo tightened her tail around her throat. Luckily, she still had one of her elemental knives. She jabbed it into Echo's tail. Even though the tough skin on the tail prevent the knife from going in to far, it still caused her to instinctively take her tail away from Mothra's throat. Mothra took the opportunity and shot up to her feet.
"You're gonna need more than that to kill me." She said, rubbing her now sore throat. Echo grinned even wider.
"Then I'll just have to try harder." She responded. She launched herself at Mothra again, this time locking her jaws onto her arm. Mothra yelled out as she felt the sharp teeth dig into her skin. The two tumbled to the ground again, and Mothra eventually managed to dislodge the raptor from her arm. While Echo licked Mothra's blood from her teeth, Mothra took one of her knives and jabbed it into a non-vital area of Echo's body. She was trying her hardest not to kill her. As Echo recovered from the stab wound, Mothra swung her arm into the side of her head, rendering her unconscious as she fell to the ground. Realizing her fight was finally over, Mothra sighed and placed a hand on her ruined sleeve and bleeding shoulder. Meanwhile, Delta attacked Anguirus over and over and over, each hit only slashing at the metal shaft of his hammer. He was immediately grateful that he had gotten a new metallic hammer to replace his old one. Delta's claws would have easily destroyed the wooden shaft. He swung the head of the hammer into her stomach, making her grunt in frustration and pain as she flew backwards. She tumbled onto the ground and growled angrily at Anguirus as her short hair hung over her face. Before she could get up, Battra grabbed her by the arm and threw her into a tree. She fell back to the ground, but began to pull herself up using a branch.
"I'll kill both of you..." She snarled. As she began to walk foreward, she stumbled and fell as she heard a crack. Her leg was broken. While part of her wanted to rest and recover, the rest of her was determined to kill the two Kaiju. Unfortunately, while she attempted to run at them again, she tripped and fell onto the ground again. Realizing she was no longer a threat, Battra and Anguirus walled away from her. She growled as she watched them leave. Overhead, Rodan began to fly around while Charlie clung to his leg.
"Let go, you little weirdo!" Rodan shouted, shaking his leg as he flew erratically around the area.
"Never!" Charlie shouted back, a slight giggle in her voice. Even after switching to the Indominus' side, she was still acting somewhat playful. This annoyed Rodan quite a bit. He started kicking his leg around as he flew higher and higher into the air. He even kicked towards nearby trees in an attempt to force Charlie to let go. This didn't do much, but eventually Charlie noticed how high up they were. Her eyes widened and she looked down, screaming and clinging tighter onto Rodan's leg as she saw the ground nearly 50 feet below her.
"Get us down!" She ordered, clearly terrified. She began shaking back and forth, trying to pull Rodan back down to the ground.
"Alright, calm down." Rodan said. "Stop shaking, you're gonna fall!"
Just as he said this, Charlie accidentally dislodged herself from Rodan's leg. His eyes widened and he dove down to catch her, but he was too late. She plummeted to the ground. Luckily her fall was broken by trees and branches, but she still hit the ground hard enough to dislocate her arm. She cried out as she smacked against the ground. With all the raptors now out of commission, Godzilla and the others got back together to plan their next move.
"We can't fight the Indominus out here." Battra said. "This is her territory. She knows this area better than anyone of us."
"Something tells me she's gonna come to us." Godzilla said. "Let's head back to the park. We can prepare for whatever she's planning there."
The others agreed. Godzilla and Anguirus hopped back on their bikes and sped away, with Mothra, Battra, and Rodan flying overhead.