Chapter 17: Vacation's Over

The next day, the evacuation commenced. All the guests were safely sent back home, and the park would soon be empty. And unfortunately, it would stay empty forever. Due to the incident, damage, and negative impact, the company decided the best thing to do was close the park down for good. While the guests were being evacuated, a team of Jurassic World staff went back to Godzilla and the other's hotel room and packed up their luggage, so it was waiting for them when they arrived at a private loading dock. A boat was also ready to take them back to Monster Island. Before they left. Owen and the raptors suddenly arrived.
"They wanted to say goodbye." He said.
Charlie ran over to Rodan first. "Hey, um, sorry about trying to kill you earlier." She said.
"Don't worry about it." Rodan chuckled, ruffling Charlie's hair. "Not the first time someone's tried to kill me, and it won't be the last. And I'm sorry for dropping you from super high in the air."
"That's okay." Charlie giggled.
Meanwhile, Echo approached Mothra and Anguirus. They backed away slightly when they saw her, but she seemed much less creepy than before.
"It's alright, I know I acted pretty weird before." Echo said, rolling her eyes. "But don't worry, I'm not obsessed with the colour of blood anymore."
"That's good to hear." Mothra said. "It was very nice meeting you and your sisters."
"Also, our blood is red, just like most people." Anguirus added.
"Knew it." Echo muttered happily under her breath.
Delta didn't really approach anyone, but she did meet Battra's gaze.
"I really hate goodbyes." She said.
"I understand." Battra said. "But let me give you some advice. From one evil sibling to another, just remember that your sisters still love you, no matter how edgy you are."
Delta actually genuinely laughed at this. "Thanks for the advice." She giggled.
Finally, Blue approached Godzilla. No words had to be said at first. They just hugged.
"Godzilla?" Blue began. "Is it okay if... I come with you?"
"What?" Godzilla asked, facing her now.
"I want to live on Monster Island with you and the others." Blue explained. "I just feel like I'd fit in better there."
Godzilla understood and nodded. He let go of Blue and placed his hands on her shoulders.
"Your sisters and Owen need you here. As a leader, you have a responsibility to stay here and help them." Godzilla said. "And don't worry. I have a feeling we'll see each other again."
Blue smiled at his and hugged Godzilla again. Finally, Owen whistled for the raptors to come back to him, and after saying their final goodbyes, he lead the raptors back into their enclosure on his bike. While the park was being shut down, the dinosaurs were going to be released, free to roam the island as they pleased. Owen was going to stay and take care of the raptors. The Kaiju loaded onto the boat, and took off back home. Godzilla stared at Isla Nublar as they sped away. Mothra noticed he seemed upset about something, so she placed a hand on his back.
"What's wrong?" She asked. Godzilla sighed and shrugged as he leaned his arms on the boat's railing.
"Some vacation this turned out to be." Godzilla muttered. "I tried to make this a fun break from fighting evil and saving the world, but it ended up being just another adventure."
Mothra nodded. She remembered she had said the same thing when she was angry at him earlier. But now that she was calm, she was able to think of the positives again, just like she always did.
"Well, it wasn't all that bad." She said. "We met some new friends at least. Plus, the parts where we actually were having fun were really fun."
"Yeah, I bet you two had fun." Anguirus chuckled. Godzilla realized he was referring to the first night they stayed at the park and blushed. He lightly punched Anguirus in the arm for bringing it up.
"Not to mention the fact they we each earned a million dollars!" Rodan added. Godzilla remembered this fact, and it gave him an idea.
"And I know exactly what I'm gonna spend it on." He said. "To make up for this vacation going wrong, I'm taking us to a real theme park. How do you guys feel about going to Disney World?"
Mothra giggled. "That sounds like fun." She said. "I've always wanted to go there."
"I don't know if I wanna set foot in the US for the next 3 or so years." Anguirus muttered. "But I guess Disney World does sound pretty fun."
Mothra noticed that Godzilla seemed to be feeling a lot better than he was a bit earlier. She hugged him and he wrapped an arm around her shoulder.
"You know, I really like the fact that for once there isn't a lingering sense of dread after one of our adventures." Mothra said.
"Yeah... I guess you're right." Godzilla agreed. He remembered that after nearly every adventure, something or someone had appeared that made him feel like he was in danger. For instance Gamera showing up, Mothra having nightmares, a volcano erupting, Nick Fury contacting him, or Muto getting arrested, to name a few things. But now, he didn't feel like that at all.
"Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see what kind of adventure we'll go on next." He said.
The Kaiju looked up at the horizon as the Tokyo skyline began to come into view. They would be at Monster Island soon. And Godzilla couldn't want to tell everyone what had happened.

12 Hours Later, Back at the Park

The park was quiet. Everyone had been evacuated. Nobody was left. All that was left was a pile of rubble that used to be a balcony. But suddenly, the rubble began to move and shift. A mass of bricks was moved out of the way by a clawed hand, releasing the sound of coughing and grunting as a figure trapped beneath the rubble began to emerge. As it turned out, Shin Godzilla was alive. As soon as he was free, he began clawing at his bandaged face.
"Need... air..." He wheezed. Once the dust-covered bandages were gone, he could breathe properly. He stood there, just breathing in the fresh air for a moment, before he placed a hand on his face, feeling his scarred skin. However, it was not nearly as scared as before. Laying dormant for hours underneath the rubble had given him enough time for his scars to heal and his features to harden. He quickly freed himself from the rubble and rushed towards a gift shop that hadn't been destroyed in the battle. He found a sunglasses stand with a mirror, and saw his new face for the first time. He was impressed. His hair had grown much longer, similar to Godzilla, but a much darker colour, almost black. His face was also similar to Godzilla, but he still had some scars. Specifically, he had scars around his mouth leading from the corners of his lips almost out to his ears. There were also smaller scars remaining around his eyes, almost resembling cracks. His eyes were much different from Godzilla's; the pupils were a bright red, and the scleras around them were a deep black. After blinking a few times, he found that they could change colour depending on what he wanted. He settled on a normal coloured eye with purple and red irises. He looked at the rest of his body, observing his rough, scared flesh. It seemed that while the rest of his body had become more human-like, his skin was not able to heal fully. Had the incubation chamber not failed, he would have looked almost exactly like Godzilla. But he quite liked this new appearance. He felt it suited him. He grinned showing his gnarled sharp teeth. All he needed now were some new clothes. He settled for a pair of ripped sweatpants and a hoodie he found on the floor of the gift shop. They were a little too big, but they were only temporary. He exited the shop, seeing the moon shining high in the sky.
"Godzilla and the others think I'm dead." He said. He could speak in full sentences now. He chuckled at his previous statement. "Won't they be surprised." He hissed. "I'm coming for you, Godzilla. As soon as I get off this damn island, I'm coming for you."