Chapter 8: Chased

Mothra wrapped her arms around herself as she waited for Godzilla and Battra to arrive. She began tapping her foot as she began getting more and more impatient.
"What's taking them so long?" She muttered. Eventually, she couldn't wait any longer. She grabbed the cell phone from her pocket. Everyone on Monster Island had a cell phone now, since it was easier to communicate with each other. Mothra's was a white Galaxy Note 7. She found Godzilla's number in her contacts and selected it. However, just before she could call him, her phone shut off.
"What? No!" She said. A blinking battery icon appeared on screen. Her phone had run out of batteries. She groaned and placed the phone back in her pocket. But she still didn't want to wait any more. All the other gyrospheres had come back, but she didn't see Godzilla or Battra.
"There must be a charger in one of the buildings." She thought to herself. She remembered seeing a charging station at one of the restaurants, but then she remembered it was halfway across the park. With a sigh of annoyance, she shrugged and decided to head over. She needed to know where Godzilla and Battra were.

"Whoa, this is cool!" Godzilla said as he and Battra rolled through the forest. The light streamed through the trees, making interesting patterns on the ground as flying dinosaurs soared overhead. "I wonder why this place was restricted. We haven't run into anything dangerous out here."
Battra sat still, facing foreword, with his arms crossed. Godzilla raised an eyebrow.
"C'mon, even you can admit this is pretty awesome." He said.
"If we get caught, I'm telling the staff you brought me here against my will." Battra stated.
Godzilla rolled his eyes and continued through the forest. Eventually, they came to a clearing, and saw something strange. It was another ankylosaur. In fact, there were a few of them. But that wasn't the strange thing. They were all dead. The gyrospheres stopped in their tracks, and the four stared at the deceased dinosaurs in shock from behind a large bush.
"Oh my god..." Godzilla muttered. "I guess now we know why the gyrospheres were called back."
"But what could have done this?" Battra asked. "It looks as if they were... torn open."
Upon closer inspection, Godzilla saw Battra was right. The dinosaurs were ripped open and mauled from the inside out. No large dinosaur could have done this. And most of the smaller predators, like the raptors, were caged far away from the gyrosphere area. They got their answer when one of the dinosaurs began moving slightly. Or that's what they thought at first. As it turned out, the dinosaur wasn't moving at all. Whatever had killed it was still there, eating its flesh. Godzilla immediately tensed up, not knowing what to expect. But nobody could have predicted what rose up from the dinosaurs corpse. It appeared to be a teenage girl. But as Godzilla continued to look at it, he saw it was certainly not human. Her hair was snow white and completely shaved on one side of her head, and her eyes were black with red pupils. Similar to the gijinka raptors from earlier she had reptilian scales on her forearms and lower legs, along with long black claws on her fingertips and toes, which resembled that of a dinosaur. A long skinny white tail swished violently behind her. It wasn't hard for Godzilla to figure out what it was.
"It's one of those gijinka dinosaurs." He said. "But I don't know what kind of species it's supposed to be..."
"Will you shut up?" Battra snapped in a hushed whisper. "Do you want that thing to hear us?"
Godzilla shook his head, realizing Battra was right.
"Then let's slowly roll away, get back to the park, and forget we ever saw this thing." Battra continued. Again, Godzilla nodded. Rodan and Anguirus heard the plan as well, and the two gyrospheres began to roll backwards. The creature continued to eat, not noticing the Kaiju observing her. Godzilla exhaled in relief. They were going to be fine. Suddenly, he heard a loud noise. He quickly realized it wasn't a noise, but a song. Pulse by the band Flow. And it was coming from his pocket. It was his phone's ringtone. Battra quickly glared angrily at him as the creature raised its head and turned towards them.
"Turn it off!" Battra ordered through clenched teeth. Panicking, Godzilla ripped the phone out of his pocket, making the song even louder. The creature was fully aware of them now. It narrowed its eyes and snarled. Battra grabbed the controls and sped away, followed by Anguirus and Rodan. The creature began to run after them.
"Who the hell is calling you anyway?" Battra snapped.
"Uh... Mothra." Godzilla said. Battra eyed the screen, seeing that it was indeed Mothra calling Godzilla. They both knew that if Godzilla didn't answer as soon as possible, there would be hell to pay later. Battra nodded in approval as he sped away from the rampaging creature, and Godzilla answered his phone.
"Godzilla, where are you!?" Mothra shouted from the other end. "You were supposed to come back to the park a half hour ago. I'm getting worried."
"Um... this really isn't the best time." Godzilla said.
"She's gaining on us!" Battra yelled. Godzilla looked over his shoulder, and saw the creature running on all fours, less than a meter behind them. And it looked like she was preparing to pounce.
"Wait, what?" Mothra said. "What do you mean not a good time? And what's gaining on you?"
"We kinda found the reason the gyrospheres were called back." Godzilla explained. Suddenly, the creature jumped onto the back of the sphere, cracking the glass and knocking it way off course. While Anguirus and Rodan managed to get away, Godzilla and Battra began to slide down a cliff, with the creature scratching at the glass as she bore her sharp teeth.
"I'm gonna have to call you back." Godzilla said.
"Don't you dare hang up on me!-" Mothra said. But Godzilla hung up before she could finish yelling. Finally, the sphere stopped at the bottom of the cliff, just as the creature broke through the glass. She hissed and roared at the two, but before she could do any real damage, Battra hit her with a laser from his headband, sending her back and into a large rock behind them.
"Run!" Godzilla said. Battra didn't have to be told twice. He and Godzilla made their way out of the sphere before the creature could get back up, and they immediately began running.
"Hey, fly us out of here!" Godzilla said. Battra looked at him as if he had just said the dumbest thing in the world.
"What?" He asked.
"You can fly, pick me up and get us out of here!" Godzilla said.
"I'm really not that strong..." Battra said. But after hearing the creature roar again, Battra was convinced.
"Alright fine." He groaned. He floated into the air and grabbed Godzilla from under his arms. With a strained grunt, he slowly lifted Godzilla up above the trees.
"You're... really... heavy..." Battra said. Godzilla ignored him and looked around the area. The park was much farther away than he thought. He could see Anguirus and Rodan rolling back to the loading area. He was glad they were safe, but he doubted Battra could fly them both back on his own.
"We're a little farther away than I thought, huh?" Godzilla said.
"We shouldn't have followed those morons." Battra said.
"Think you can make it back to the park?" Godzilla asked.
"Nope. I'm starting to fall right now." Battra said, straining to keep in the air.
Godzilla looked down, and saw that even though they were moving, they were getting closer and closer to the ground.
"Well at least we're away from that thing." Godzilla said. Battra seemed to agree.
"We should be able to make the rest of the trip on foot." He said. With that settled, they flew down to the ground, into another area of the forest.

"What do you mean you left them alone!?" Mothra yelled. Rodan and Anguirus had appeared a few minutes ago, and told Mothra what happened.
"I told you, we had no other choice." Rodan explained. "If we stopped to help them, we all would have gotten killed."
"So you left them alone with that monster?!" Mothra continued. "That's my boyfriend and my brother out there, and you left them to die?!"
"C'mon they can handle themselves." Anguirus said. "Battra can shoot lasers, and Godzilla can fight it off, so- ow!"
He was interrupted when Mothra smacked him and Rodan on the tops of their head with a map.
"Alright, alright! Geez, no need to get violent." Rodan said.
Mothra rolled her eyes. "Get out of my way." She commanded as she pushed past them. "I'm gonna kick both your asses when I get back. And when I find Godzilla and Battra, I'm gonna kick their asses too."
And with that, she took off into the air, speeding off to where Rodan said they got attacked. The other Kaiju stared in surprise at Mothra's reaction.
"Sheesh. Does she seem... different to you?" Anguirus asked.
"Yeah, I've never seen her that angry before." Rodan said. "It's like she went beast mode or something."
"All I know is, if Godzilla and Battra are dead, she's gonna kill us." Anguirus said.