Chapter 15: Confrontation

Finally, Godzilla and the others arrived back at the park. It was past midnight, and the sky was nearly pitch black. The Kaiju saw Grace and Owen standing outside of a large van. Grace ran over to them as she saw them arrive. 
"Owen told me what happened." She said. "The Indominus has an army now, and she could be getting more. She can't be stopped. We need to evacuate this park soon as possible."
"No. If we leave, she's going to accomplish whatever the hell she's planning." Godzilla asserted. "We need to stop her. If we ignore this problem, it's only gonna get bigger."
"Godzilla's right." Owen said, approaching them as well. "If I can convince the raptors to accept me as their Alpha again, we can stand a chance."
"Uh... guys?" A voice said from inside the van. "You might wanna see this."
Everyone ran to the van and peered inside. The van was equipped with computers and tech specifically meant for tracking the various dinosaurs at the park. And it had picked up four signals coming towards their location.
"Looks like the Indominus forgot to take out their trackers." Owen said.
"They're approaching our location." Battra said, getting a bit closer to the screen. "Looks like they'll be here in about ten minutes."
"That gives us plenty of time to prepare." Mothra said. She then noticed the two other people in the van, sitting in the two front seats. She instantly recognized them, and was extremely surprised to see them again.
"Zach? Grey?" She said. The two boys turned around to face them. Just as Mothra said, both Zach and Grey were sitting in front of them. Both of them were surprised to see the Kaiju again. Godzilla was just as surprised.
"What're you kids doing here?" He asked. "Shouldn't you be at the admission building?"
"Wait, you know each other?" Claire asked.
"Yeah, we met on the boat ride over here." Zach explained. Claire nodded and turned back to Godzilla.
"They're my nephews." She said. "Remember I said one of them was a big fan of you? I was talking about Grey."
Godzilla nodded and turned back to Grey with a smirk on his face. "Looks like you're gonna be part of our newest adventure, kid."
This turned Grey's somewhat scared expression into an excited one. "Awesome! I can't wait to tell all my friends at school about this."
While Grey was much more enthusiastic now, the others were still concerned about the Indominus and the raptors. Zach switched the radar display from showing tracking beacons to showing heat signatures. Now they could see everyone, including the Indominus. But there was something else. Another heat signature next to the other ones.
"What's that?" Zach asked.
"Another heat signature?" Godzilla said. "Looks like she made another hybrid."
"Hopefully it's just another raptor." Owen said. "Otherwise, we're in for something crazy."
"Wait a second..." Claire said. "I have an idea. There's something that I think can help us fight her." Everyone turned to face her.
"What is it?" Godzilla asked.
"You'll see." Claire said. Before anyone could ask anything further, she ran off. Even though she wasn't the most familiar with the park itself, she knew exactly where she needed to go. Before she reached her goal, she pulled out her walkie talkie. It connected her to the control centre immediately.
"Is anyone still there?" She asked.
"Yeah, what do you need?" A voice said on the other side. Claire breathed a sigh of relief as she continued to run.
"Do you remember the gate I told you never to open?" She asked.
"...Um... yes." The voice said.
"I need you to open it." Claire said.
"W-what?" The voice said. "You mean the one with the..."
"Yes that one." Claire said.
"Are you insane!? You're releasing another monster into the park!?" The voice argued.
"Just open it!" Claire ordered. She stopped running and stood right in front of the gate.
The voice on the other end hesitated for a long while, before delivering a defeated sigh.
"You're the boss." The voice said. As soon as Claire heard this, the massive mechanical door began to open. She gulped down her fear as she took a flare off of the belt Owen had given her earlier. She lit it and held it up as the door ascended further. In the darkness within, Claire could hear something breathing. As the door stopped, all she could hear was the creature inside breathing softly against the silence. She gulped again and held the flare out in front of her. She had never seen the creature inside this enclosure before, but she knew what it was. The flare lit up the inside of the metal room with an almost demonic red light, allowing Claire to see inside. She gasped as she saw the creature in question. It was tall, but crouched over and facing away from the door. A long thick tail swished slowly behind it. Her figure was slim, but covered in toned muscles, as well as dark pale green scales on the arms and legs. Her dark green hair was long and matted into thick dreadlocks. Claire breathed in her fear sharply as the creature slowly turned around to face her, showing off its deformed scale-covered face. As the creature got up, Claire turned and ran, holding the flare out behind her, knowing the creature would follow her.