Chapter 16: Facing Extinction

Godzilla continuously dodged Shin's unrelenting attacks. His fighting style was strange. It wasn't quite inexperienced, but he certainly had never fought before. It was as if some of Godzilla's own fighting skill had gone into Shin, but not enough to make him a skilled fighter. Finally, Godzilla saw an opening, and swung his sword down at Shin's arm. He cleanly sliced the appendage off, making it land on the ground with a thump. His atomic blade sputtered out and died as the severed arm began to wither. Shin roared in pain as blood began to litteraly pour out of the wound. Godzilla pointed his sword at him.
"You may be my clone, but you're not me." He said. But his confidence was short lived. While the disembodied arm began to rot away, the blood stopped pouring from Shin's wound. The stump that was left of his arm began to grow as the flesh inside glowed red. Within seconds the stump became a new arm, complete with a fully formed hand. Another atomic blade appeared on this hand, and another appeared on his other hand. Godzilla rolled his eyes and flipped his own sword around in his hand.
"Great." He muttered. He rushed forward and clashed blades with Shin again. Even while using two blades Shin wasn't a very good fighter. But he was strong. Godzilla could barely stand against his attacks. But this wasn't what worried Godzilla. It was Shin's glowing parts. His arms glowed purple, and the rest of his scars glowed deep bright red. His skin was also beginning to smoke, and his eyes were glowing red as well. Godzilla recognized exactly what was happening. Shin was Burning. This made sense. Godzilla himself was always on the edge of letting his atomic energy take over his body, which allowed him to activate his Burning form. Godzilla knew how to control this, but Shin didn't. This was extremely dangerous. If Shin continued to Burn, he could destroy the entire island, if not the entire continent. Godzilla had hoped to defeat Shin without killing him, but now he knew he had no choice. But Shin's brute strength was already starting to overtake him. He slashed at Godzilla with both blades, though Godzilla defended himself with his own sword. Shin began to force Godzilla to the ground. The heat from the atomic blades made Godzilla begin to sweat. Shin opened his deformed mouth impossibly wide and delivered a disgustingly terrifying roar, allowing Godzilla to see the deep purple and red light coming from his throat. Before he could be forced to the ground, Godzilla swung up with his sword, sending Shin stumbling back a few feet. While he was distracted, Godzilla shouted and drove his sword into Shin's chest. He continued to run forward, taking Shin with him. Finally, they ran into a wall. Godzilla's sword pinned Shin against the concrete. Despite being impaled, Shin continued to attack Godzilla while he held onto the swords hilt. He dodged each attack as he put his plan into action. He looked up to see they were underneath a large balcony. He turned his head, and saw Battra. Immediately, he got his idea.
"Battra!" He shouted. "Shoot the balcony!"
Battra nodded, and looked towards the balcony. He understood Godzilla's plan. He breathed in deeply, summoning his inner chi energy into his headband, and shot a beam of light out of the golden crest on it. The beam struck the balcony, which began to crumble. As Godzilla saw this, he kicked Shin in the stomach, which not only managed to free his sword, but also launch himself away from Shin as the balcony fell. Shin wasn't so lucky. He looked up just as the crumbling concrete, metal, and wood fell on his head. Godzilla rolled on the ground as he landed and quickly turned back to where Shin was standing. All that was left was the pile of debris and rubble, and all that was left of Shin was an arm poking out of it. It wasn't glowing or moving. Godzilla sighed, realizing his battle was over. But the other battles were still going.

Delta slammed Blue into a wall with her tail. Blue had never seen her fight like this before. They had fought a lot, but while Delta had always wanted to hurt Blue, now it definitely seemed like she wanted her dead. Blue didn't want to hurt her sister, at least not too much, but she didn't have a choice. She dodged another tail attack and pounced on Delta. However, Delta was ready for her. As soon as Blue landed, Delta launched her over her head. Blue landed on her back, her head slamming into the concrete. The wind was knocked out of her, and she clenched her eyes and teeth as a wave of pain shot through her skull. She staggered to her feet, but Delta slashed her in the face, sending her back to the ground. She groaned as she tried to lift herself back up.
"You always had this coming, Blue!" Delta taunted as she walked around her. "This is payback for all the years you held me back!"
She kicked Blue in the side, sending her back to the ground again. She didn't want to be interrupted. She wanted Blue to hear what she had to say.
"I was always better than you!" She said. "You were only the leader because you're the oldest!"
She aimed her foot at Blue's head now, slamming it into the concrete below. Blue brought her hands up to the sides of her head. She didn't even try to get up now. Echo just stood over her as her breath sped up in her anger.
"Well? Aren't you gonna say anything!?" She shouted. "You always had to point out something I was doing wrong, why stop now, right!? Say something!!!"
She stopped moving. Her hands and head were shaking in anger as she watched Blue get up to her feet. There was a scar across her forehead, and her nose was bleeding. She wiped her face with her arm. As she staggered closer to Delta.
"I have only one thing to say to you." She said. She continued to approach. She tried to remember what Godzilla had done to help her come back to his side. Delta was confused as to what she was doing.
"What are you..." She didn't get to finish her thought, as Blue suddenly hugged her tightly. Her eyes widened as her mind registered what was happening.
"I'm sorry." Blue said. "You're right. I'm a terrible leader. I wasn't born to lead. But you were. You're better at everything. You're stronger, smarter, faster... I'm sorry I never saw it before."
"Stop it." Delta said. She wanted to attack her, but she couldn't. "Get the hell off of me."
"No." Blue refused. "I'm not just your leader, I'm your sister. I'm sorry I never saw that before."
Delta glared at her and growled. "Why are you leaving yourself vulnerable like this?" She asked. "I could kill you right now if I wanted!"
Blue looked up at her sister. "Do it then."
Delta clenched her teeth and raised her claws. She prepared to jab them down on the back of Blue's neck, killing her instantly. But her arm froze. She couldn't do it. She was unable to kill Blue. Rather, she brought her other arm up and wrapped both of them around her, reciprocating the hug. She closed her eyes and buried it into her sister's shoulder as tears began to flow.
"God dammit, Blue... I'm sorry too." She muttered. Blue smiled and hugged Delta tighter.
"It's alright." She said. The two were met by Charlie hugging them as well.
"Yay, Delta's not an edgelord anymore!" She cheered.
Blue giggled, while Delta rolled her eyes. While the sisters enjoyed their closeness, it wasn't to last as Godzilla suddenly approached them.
"I'm glad you're all getting along, but the fight's not over yet." He said. He pointed his sword to the area where Indominus was fighting the T Rex. It was much farther way from where he and the others were standing. Delta and Charlie prepared to run over, but Blue stopped them.
"It's alright." She said. "I don't want you getting hurt. Godzilla and I will handle this."
Delta nodded and smiled. "Whatever you say, big sis."
Blue smiled back at her, but she didn't have time for another hug. Godzilla motioned for her to come with him, and the two ran to the next fight. The T Rex needed their help.