Chapter 5: The Raptor Squad

Owen took Godzilla and the others into the outskirts of the park, into a deep jungle area. When they finally arrived, they were met with a large cage. On the way there, they had passed similar cages with regular raptors in them. Owen explained they were still being trained, and couldn't be released to the public just yet. But this cage was much larger than the others, and surrounded by more security. They unloaded out of the van and stepped in front of the cage. Owen walked over to the door and punched a code into a small keyboard. The metal door slid open, and he stepped inside, guiding Godzilla and the others in too. The door closed behind them.
"Wouldn't it be safer to see them from outside the cage?" Mothra asked.
"Relax. It's perfectly safe." Owen assured. "I've trained them not to attack anybody."
"So where are they?" Godzilla asked.
Owen wasn't sure, but he knew how to find out. He whistled loudly, attempting to get the raptor's attention. Godzilla waited for a few seconds, before suddenly, a small but heavy figure pounced onto Godzilla, tackling him to the ground. The two tumbled on the ground over and over again until he landed on his back, with the strange figure on top of him. She was smiling excitedly at him, and Godzilla could see she had a long tail that swayed back and forth.
"Whoa! You're new! Who're you? I've never seen you before." The figure said. Her hair was short and greenish yellow, the same colour as her eyes, as well as the scales on her forehead and hands.
"Wait... scales?" Godzilla thought. He thought he might have been seeing things, and looked down at her hands again. He confirmed for himself that they were covered in dinosaur-like scales and long black claws on the fingers. His eyes widened. Before he could say anything, another figure pushed her off of him.
"Charlie! What did I say about pouncing on people?" The figure asked. Like the other one, apparently named Charlie, this figure was covered in scales on her hands and forehead, as well as her legs, which were bent like a raptor's. Her hair was different, however. Her hair was extremely short and spiky, and black with several blue streaks. Her scales and eyes were also blue. Charlie got back up, but seemed apologetic.
"Sorry, Blue." She said, pouting. Godzilla got back up to his feet, and saw that the girls were much shorter than him, though the one apparently named Blue was taller than Charlie by a few inches. Owen and the others ran over to him.
"I see you girls already introduced yourself." He chuckled as he ruffled Charlie's hair, making her giggle. Godzilla looked at the two girls, and realized what they were. They were the Gijinka raptors Claire had mentioned months ago. Godzilla noticed they resembled human teenage girls, but with the dinosaur-like features he had noticed before.
"So these are the raptors, huh?" He asked.
"Yep." Owen nodded. "This is Blue, the leader of the pack."
"It's very nice to meet you." Blue said, bowing respectfully. Godzilla was surprised by her good manners.
"And this is Charlie. She's the youngest." Owen said. Charlie giggled and waved her arm frantically to say hello. Godzilla chuckled in response. He looked up to see another raptor with with Mothra the others. She had long hair that reminded Godzilla of Biolante somewhat, though her hair was dark blue and much shaggier, hanging over one side of her face. Her mouth was open in a sadistic grin, showing off her pointy teeth.
"That's Echo... yeah, I'd stay away from her." Owen said. The others began to understand Owen's advice. She seemed especially interested in them.
"Um... personal space." Rodan said, backing away from her as she approached him.
"I've never seen you all around here before." Echo hissed. "I like meeting new people. What colour is your blood?"
"Excuse me?" Rodan asked. She was getting dangerously close to him now. She brandished one of her sharp claws.
"Let's find out." Echo hissed. Before she could attack, Owen whistled again to get her attention.
"Echo, we talked about this." He warned. Echo backed up and placed her hands behind her back in an attempt to look innocent.
"Sorry, Owen." She said.
Mothra turned around, and saw another raptor glaring at them from the corner of the cage. She raised an eyebrow.
"And who's she?" She asked.
"Oh, that's Delta. Shes the second in command." Owen explained. "Don't worry about her. Shes just salty because she wanted to be the leader."
Delta sneered, bearing her sharp teeth. Owen rolled his eyes.
"Hey, Delta, wanna be social for once?" He called. Delta complied and walked over to the group. She was still glaring at the Kaiju.
"I don't like intruders." She growled. Blue seemed to take offence to this.
"They're not intruders, they're guests." She said. Delta aimed her glare at Blue now, and began to snarl. Blue even dropped her polite demeanour for a moment and growled back.
"Since when do you get to tell me what to do?" Delta snapped.
"Don't start, Delta." Blue warned. "I'm the leader, you have to do what I say."
"How about we decide who's really fit to be leader?" Delta growled, baring her teeth.
"Do you really want to do this?" Blue challenged.
"Let's go, right now!" Delta snapped. Blue roared, and lunged at Delta. Before the two could attack each other, Owen stepped between them. He held out his hands in front of them to stop them.
"Quit it, both of you!" He said. "No fighting in front of guests."
Blue cleared her throat and quickly backed down. "Sorry, Owen."
Delta, on the other hand, scoffed and walked back into her corner. After this, all the other raptors left to do their own things. Needless to say, Godzilla was amazed.
"Whoa... so I guess the experiments were a success?" He asked.
"Yeah, but try to keep quiet about that." Owen said, looking back and forth, making sure the raptors couldn't hear. "The raptors don't actually know where they came from, and we don't want to overload their brains too early. They're only a few months old, after all."
Godzilla nodded. It made sense they'd want to keep that fact a secret from the raptors. But there was something else on his mind.
"Claire said you guys were gonna make humanoid raptors and a T rex." Godzilla said. "Where is it?"
Owen rubbed the back of his head. "We're still working on her." He said. "She was the first one we made, so she's a little unstable. We're keeping her in closed captivity for now."
Again, Godzilla nodded. He heard a beeping, and noticed Owen looking at his watch.
"Anyway, it's time for me to feed the raptors, so it's time for you guys to go." He said.
The Kaiju obliged and left, with Owen locking to door behind them. Another Jurassic World staff member guided them to another Jeep, and drove them back towards the park. Rodan laughed as they left.
"That was so awesome!" He said. "Is it weird that I thought they were all super cute?"
"I thought they were pretty cute too... well, maybe not Echo." Anguirus shuddered.
"Yeah, they were pretty great." Godzilla agreed. "And it's crazy that my DNA went into making them."
Mothra giggled and scooted closer to Godzilla. "So the DNA you gave Claire resulted in the raptors being born?" She asked. Godzilla raised an eyebrow. He could tell she was going somewhere with this.
"Uh... yeah, I guess." He said.
"So it's almost like they're your daughters." Mothra said. Godzilla jumped at this and looked at Mothra in confusion.
"What!?" He said. Mothra laughed again and grasped tightly onto his arm.
"Aww, Godzilla, you're a dad now!" She said, a slightly mocking tone in her voice. Anguirus and Rodan laughed as well, and even Battra chuckled slightly. Godzilla glared at Mothra, pulling his arm away.
"They're not my daughters." He said. "If anything, they're more like clones... or maybe sisters."
"Whatever you say, Godzilla." Mothra giggled. She didn't seem convinced. Godzilla gave up, but Rodan also had something to add.
"So Mothra, wouldn't that make you the mother?" He said. Mothra immediately blushed. Godzilla glared at Rodan, who quickly realized he had made a grave mistake.
"Uh... too far?" He asked nervously. Godzilla replied by pushing him off of the Jeep.

Claire couldn't believe her eyes. It had only been a day, and not only had the Indominus grown, with a more muscular and adult-like frame and long spikes on her arms and back, but she had also changed how her hair looked. Using the metal wall as a makeshift mirror, she had used her sharp claws to cut the hair on one half of her head, leaving the shaggy white mane on the right side of her head to fall over her eye. Claire's hand was shaking as she lifted a cup of coffee to her mouth. She didn't even notice when Owen walked into the room.
"Hey, Claire." He said. Claire jumped in surprise, exhaling in relief when she saw who it was.
"Don't sneak up on me like that." Claire said. Owen couldn't help but chuckle.
"Sorry." Owen shrugged. "So you wanted to see me?"
"Yes. I want you to take a look at our newest asset." Claire said. Owen furrowed his eyebrows as Claire said the word 'asset'.
"By 'asset' you mean animal, right? As in a living breathing thing?" He said. Claire rolled her eyes.
"You know what I mean." Claire said. "Could you please just take a look at it?"
Owen nodded as he saw the Indominus through the glass. He raised an eyebrow as he saw it.
"So this is the brand new species we made?" He said. "Jurassic World's little abomination?"
"Yes, and her name is Indominus Rex. Or just Indominus." Claire said.
"Weren't there supposed to be two?" Owen asked. "What happened to the other one?"
Claire hesitated before answering. "She... ate it." Owen didn't respond for a moment.
"Wait... she cannibalized her sibling?" He said, looking at Claire again. He didn't seem happy about the situation.
"That behaviour is why we need you to train it." Claire said. "With the way you control the raptors..."
"I told you already, it isn't about control." Owen interrupted. "That thing in the pit down there is something no one has ever seen before, and you're keeping it contained alone. She had no social skills or competition with other creatures. How do we know if it can even be reasoned with?"
"She's extremely intelligent." Claire explained.
"That doesn't mean anything." Owen said. He sighed in frustration. Either way he tried, he wouldn't be able to refuse.
"I'll see what I can do tomorrow." He said. "But right now, the raptors need me."
Claire nodded as Owen walked away. As she looked back at the glass, she froze. The glass was tinted on the outside, so there would be no way for the Indominus to see her through it. But it was staring right at her. Somehow, it was able to see her through the glass. Claire shook her head.
"No... there's no way it can see me." She thought. When she looked back to the Indominus, it was looking away. Claire sighed, realizing she was right. As she walked away, she didn't notice as the Indominus looked back at her, staring intently.