Chapter 10: Attack from Above

The Indominus ran through the forest, dodging branches and bushes as she sped down through the foliage. She was full now, and no longer needed to eat. And the Jurassic World staff were off her trail. Now she could focus on her true goal. Eventually, she came to a cliff and stopped. As she looked down, she saw a long waterfall ending at a small lake. Jumping to the ground from the height would kill a normal creature, but she was not a normal creature. Suddenly, she heard a sound. It was far away, but her hearing was enhanced. It was a helicopters blades. She had to act quickly before it found her. Using the muscles in her legs, she managed to shift her bones so they wouldn't break on the impact. It was painful, but she managed through it. Just as the helicopter appeared over the trees behind her, she jumped off the cliff. Her legs buckled and she rolled over her back to spread out the impact. When she stood up, she was as fine as before she jumped. Immediately she began running again. She knew where she needed to go. She could see it in the distance. It was a massive dome where the the park kept all the winged dinosaurs. Unfortunately, it was located in a massive open area. This meant that the helicopter would see her. And she guessed it was armed with more than just regular bullets. As she predicted, as soon as she was in the helicopter's sights, it opened fire. The ground exploded around her as she dodged the massive rain of bullets coming down at her. a few of the, grazed her skin, but they caused no lasting damage. She simply hissed through the pain and kept running. Finally, she reached the dome. The helicopter stopped firing, as it didn't want to hit the dome. She grinned as she saw it turn around, but it fell when she realized it was probably going to turn back around to get a clearer shot. She turned back to the dome and rushed it. She slammed into the door with her shoulder. It was locked, but with her immense strength, she managed to dent the metal. With a few more slams, she managed to get in. As soon as she did, the staff inside began to attempt to stop her. They were used to wrangling the flying dinosaurs to stop them from breaking the dome or escaping, but they were no match for the Indominus. She killed all of them in less than a minute. In the chaos, the flying dinosuars inside the dome began to fly around erratically. With no one to wrangle them, they began to break the dome. The Indominus watched as they broke through the re-enforced glass panels, and fly out of their containment. One of them even flee into the helicopter, making it fall. She dodged out of the way before it crashed into the dome, completely shattering it. The flying dinosaurs were now free to fly into the park. This was not the Indominus' goal. She only wanted one thing, and that the dome's power core. She ripped open a panel on the wall, and found the small blue cylinder inside. She grinned and ripped it out. It was about the size of a tube of tennis balls, but it was much heavier. As soon as it was disconnected, the sparking lights and fans around the broken dome stopped working. Now that she had what she needed, she left. She just needed two more things, and then she could begin her plan.

Mothra stared intently forward as she and Battra flew towards the park. Battra could tell she was still upset. He flew closer to her, and could sense her negative emotions the closer he got.
"You shouldn't be mad at Godzilla." He said. Mothra turned her head towards him with a confused glance.
"It wasn't his fault we got into that mess back there." Battra continued. "He didn't know we would run into that... thing. He was just following Anguirus and Rodan."
"I'm not that mad, really." Mothra said as she looked forward again. "It's just that... I dunno. I thought this trip was gonna go differently. And like I said, I was the one who wanted you two to go on the Gyrosphere in the first place."
"All I'm saying is Godzilla isn't the only one to blame for all of this." Battra said.
"I know that." Mothra nodded. She looked upwards, and something caught her eye. It looked like a black cloud, but as she grew closer, she realized it wasn't a cloud, but a group of something. And that group appeared to be a massive swarm of flying dinosaurs. She gasped as she realized they were heading towards the park.
"I see it too." Battra said as he heard her gasp. "We need to get to the park now."
Mothra nodded and the two flew as fast as the could to the park. It was already too late when they got there. The dinosaurs were attacking people, grabbing at them, tearing at them, and even carrying some of them off. In the chaos, they found Anguirus and Rodan, who were trying to defend themselves and others from the dinosaurs with only their bare hands. Battra and Mothra joined in.
"Where did these things come from?" Rodan asked, punching one of the dinosaurs in the beak as it flew towards him.
"There's a pterosaur enclosure in the outskirts of the park. They must've escaped from there." Mothra guessed, swatting one away from her.
"Really wish we had brought our weapons." Anguirus commented, kicking another pterosaur as it landed in front of him. Mothra and Battra agreed, though they were able to use their powers to fend off some of the dinosaurs as well. Mothra seriously regretted not bringing Godzilla with her.
"He'd better get here soon." She thought.