Chapter 9: Clever Girl

Godzilla and Battra landed in another clearing. Luckily, it was farther away from the Gyrosphere area. Hopefully, the creature wouldn't find them out here. When they landed, it wasn't long until a group of Jurassic World staff appeared. Godzilla guessed they were security guards, but they looked more like military officers. They were covered in body armour and were holding machine guns, pointed at Godzilla and Battra.
"What are you two doing out here?" One of the guards demanded.
"We... uh... we went of course in our gyrosphere." Godzilla explained. "Something attacked us, so we ran out here."
"Wait a sec... I recognize you two." The guard said. Suddenly it came to him. "You're Godzilla! And you're Battra, right?"
The two nodded, and the guard continued. "Regardless, you two aren't supposed to be out here. It's off limits to guests." He said. "And you said you were chased by something? Something that wasn't a dinosaur?"
"Yeah, that's right." Godzilla said. "Are you looking for it?"
"We've been told to kill it on sight." The guard explained.
"Wait, a second." Battra said, pushing himself in front of Godzilla. "What is that thing? We already know about the Gijinka raptors, but that thing was not a raptor."
"I'm sorry, but we are unable to divulge that information-" the guard was interrupted when his walkie-talkie crackled to life. Immediately, he picked it up and heard a voice on the other end.
"Did you find the asset yet?" The voice said. It was Claire.
"Not yet, ma'am." the guard said. "We've just ran into two of the Kaiju you invited to the park, and...."
"Good. They can help you." Claire interrupted. "Tell them everything they need to know."
"...Yes ma'am." The guard said. The walkie-talkie clicked off, and the guard faced Godzilla and Battra once again.
"Alright, here's the situation." The guard explained. "The creature we're looking for, the one that attacked you, was part of project Gijinka. It's called the Indominus Rex. It's a hybrid of various dinosaurs and other reptilian animals."
"A hybrid?" Battra asked. As a God of Nature, anything like this infuriated him. The Gijinka Raptors had made him uncomfortable, but this was inexcusable. "You've already upset the natural order, but you just couldn't stop, could you?"
"Alright, Battra, calm down." Godzilla said. He grabbed Battra's shoulder, but he brushed it off.
"This entire park goes against everything natural, but this is too far!" Battra shouted.
"Battra, that's enough!" Godzilla interrupted. Battra quickly realized Godzilla was right, and backed down, regaining his previous demeanour. Though he continued to glare at the guards, some of whom seemed frightened by Battra's outburst. Godzilla was quick to defuse the situation.
"Alright, just tell us how we can help you find this thing." He said.
"Of course." One of the guards agreed. He eyed his radar watch, which showed the Indominus' location. "Looks like it stopped moving. We should be able to find it easier now."
Godzilla nodded, and the guard directed him and the others behind him towards the Indominus' location. They all began walking, and the guard began to explain what they were up against.
"This thing managed to escape its captivity, kill two security guards, and now it's starting to hunt the other dinosaurs at the park."
"So it's looking for food?" Godzilla asked.
"No. It's hunting for sport." The guard explained. "Or at least, that's what Owen thinks."
"Owen knew about this thing?" Battra asked.
"Yeah, he almost got killed by it." The guard continued. Godzilla's eyes narrowed. He still had no idea what he was in for. He had never fought anything like this creature before. Eventually, the group stopped walking.
"What? That can't be right..." The guard muttered.
"What is it?" Godzilla asked. He quickly summoned his mana blade, just in case they had stumbled upon the Indominus. Apparently, this wasn't the case.
"It should be right here." The guard answered. "We've been following its tracking device for hours now."
Suddenly, Battra reached down into the tall grass surrounding them. He pulled up a small device covered in flesh and blood. Godzilla eyed the device with a confused eye.
"What the heck is that?" He asked. He turned to the guards, only to see them staring at the device in shock and horror. It didn't take long for him to realize what the device was.
"It's the tracking device." The guard explained. The Indominus had somehow remembered where the tracking device was embedded, and used surgical skill to remove it from her body.
"Clever girl..." Battra muttered.
The guards brandished their guns and began scanning the area. Godzilla and Battra did the same. Now that they had no idea where the Indominus was, its presence was much more terrifying. It could be anywhere. Though Godzilla had an idea; the tracking device was removed from the creature's body, therefore there should have been a blood trail. He went back to check the place Battra had found the device, and sure enough, there were small droplets of blood around it. Godzilla followed them, but they ended quickly. He furrowed his brow.
"How did she stop bleeding?" He asked. Suddenly, he heard a loud snap. It sounded like someone had stepped on a twig close by. But there was nobody close enough to make that sound. As he thought about this, he also heard a low snarling. His eyes widened, and he quickly turned around to face nothing but tall grass. However, his true fears were realized when the grass began to shift and change, revealing a figure standing crouched on all fours, staring at him with black and red eyes. When a long white tail swished through the air above the figure, Godzilla realized it was time to run. He quickly turned and ran back towards the rest of the group, with the Indominus following close behind him. The guard saw the Indominus and realized why it had gone undetected until now.
"It can camouflage!" He shouted. Immediately, Godzilla ducked out of the way as the guards opened fire. The Indominus roared and lunged at the guards immediately ripping many of them to pieces. The bullets seemed to do nothing to her tough skin. Godzilla and Battra watched in horror as the creature slaughtered nearly all of the guards. The ones she didn't kill were long gone, probably retreated back to the park. With her work finished, the Indominus stood up on her hind legs and began breathing heavily, as if she had just been through an intensive workout. Godzilla now saw she had used a leaf from the tree he had seen earlier as a bandage to stop the bleeding.
"She was able to remove her tracking device too. She's smarter than I thought." He thought out loud. He watched as the Indominus ripped an arm off one of the corpses and began eating it, until she remembered Godzilla and Battra. She quickly turned to them, and dropped the arm after swallowing a chunk of flesh. With the blood dripping down her chin, she growled at the two Kaiju. Godzilla summoned his manna blade again, while Battra got into a fighting stance.
"Really wish I brought my weapon right now." He muttered.
He didn't have much more time to think, as the Indominus crouched down again and lunged, running towards them. Right as they were about to clash, another figure appeared between them. She landed so hard on the ground she made a small crater. After a few seconds, both Godzilla and Battra recognized Mothra as she brought herself back up from her crouched position. She quickly created a fireball and threw it at the Indominus. It hit her in the face, making it scream angrily in pain. Luckily, this also temporarily blinded the creature. She ran off into the forest, leaving the three Kaiju alone. Godzilla breathed a sigh of relief.
"Thanks, Mothra. We really owe you one-" He quickly stopped talking when Mothra turned to face him. He had never seen her this angry before.
"I am going to kill both of you." She hissed as she began to walk towards them.
"Wait, what?" Battra asked. "What did I do?" He had never been scared of Mothra before, but he was now.
"You two took a gyrosphere into a restricted area, after already being called back because of a danger warning, in a park full of dinosaurs, only to find said danger and try to handle it yourself rather than letting the trained professionals deal with it." Mothra recapped. "Not only that, but you two were in danger, and you hung up on me when I called you! Do you have any idea how worried I was?!"
"Well, when you say it like that, I guess it sounds pretty bad..." Battra admitted.
"And to be fair, getting chased by a dinosaur hybrid monster isn't a bad reason to hang up on someone." Godzilla added.
"But you could have at least told me what was happening!" Mothra continued. "I wanted this trip to be fun, and I wanted you two to get along, and you're ruining everything!"
Now Godzilla understood why she was so mad now. He hadn't realized how much this trip meant to her. Now that he understood, he saw that she was right about him and Battra.
"You're right, Mothra." He apologized. "We were acting stupid. I'm sorry we ruined this trip for you."
"And I suppose I should apologize too." Battra shrugged. "Even though it technically wasn't my fault..."
Upon seeing how apologetic the two were, Mothra sighed and calmed down. "I guess it was partially my fault. I'm the one who wanted you two to be friends."
"Actually, this is the most Godzilla and I have interacted in a while." Battra admitted. Mothra brightened up as she heard this. "Really?"
"Yeah, I guess you're right." Godzilla agreed. "I think we kinda bonded a little through all of this."
Mothra wasn't nearly as angry now. In fact, she even smiled a little bit, though Godzilla got the feeling it was more sarcastic than genuine.
"Well, I'm glad you two breaking the park laws and watching a bunch of people get killed by a scientific abomination helped you become friends." She said.
As she said this, Godzilla remembered the Indominus. "Speaking of which, we need to tell the staff about that thing."
"I'm sure they know already." Battra said. "They're probably evacuating the park as we speak."
"We should head back now then." Mothra said. Godzilla and Battra nodded, and Battra took off into the air, flying towards the park. Godzilla looked at Mothra before she followed him.
"I don't suppose you could take me with you?" He asked, rubbing the back of his head.
"Well, since I'm still kinda mad at you, I think you can walk." Mothra said, a deceptively cute smile on her face. Before Godzilla could protest, Mothra took off into the sky as well. Godzilla sighed and rolled his eyes as he began walking back towards the park.