Chapter 13- Youtube

When we got back home, Aaron was still asleep but everyone else was awake. Sam was getting ready for the video him and Colby are going to do. Elton was feeding Circa, while complaining about the amount of editing he needed to do. And Corey nodded along to what Elton was saying but looked quite uninterested.

"Alright for the Sam and Colby video we are doing today, we are going to stay over night at an abandoned, haunted grave yard," Colby explained as he brought up pictures of it on his phone. I took the phone from him and stared skeptically at the eerie looking pictures.

"Why would a grave yard be abandoned?" I asked fearing the answer. "Well apparently it had so many sightings and interactions with ghosts, they had to fence it up. This happened 15 years ago, after an eleven-year-old girl went to visit her grandmother at night and unexplainably died next to the grave. Some say the girl committed suicide at the age of 11, and others say the grandmother couldn't bare to be without her grandchild so she took her life. After that happened, a few people have said that they have seen the child and her grandmother holding hands while walking up and down the paths of the graveyard... Waiting for somebody else to join them," Colby explains with an amused expression at my horrified one.

"Yeah, well good luck. Don't die," I said shaking my head in disbelief that they're even thinking about doing this. "Oh, right... You're coming with us," Colby said casually with a smirk. "Erm no, no I'm not," I replied with wide eyes. "Come on Riley, you'll love it. You can even hold my hand if you get too scared," Colby says with a cheeky grin. "There is no way you can make me go, I refuse," I say stamping my foot down like a two year old having a temper tantrum.

"Please Riley, pretty please," Sam starts to beg and Colby soon joins in. I sigh and shake my head, "if I die, you will pay for my funeral," I give in making them smile and high-five childishly. I shake my head unamused and sigh at the thought of what I'm about to face.

------------------------------------------------

Sadly 7:30pm had rather quickly rolled around, and Sam had gone upstairs to get changed as Colby made the final checks on what was in our backpacks. "Why is there a knife?" I ask dumbfounded as Colby places one in each of our bags. "You never know," he shrugs casually and carries on putting water bottles and spare memory cards in the bags.

"Batteries for torches..." He mutters, "spare torches, sleeping bags, jumpers, blankets, lamps, candles, games..." he quickly lists off. "Candles and games? What games?" I ask, but I think I already know the answer. "Oh... you know uno and stuff," he answers while standing up but not looking me in the eye. "And stuff?" I further question trying to get him to say what I think he's going to.

"Umm, it's a board game, I don't remember the name of..." he lies obviously once again, with a small smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "Mhmm," I sarcastically remark while unzipping the bag he hid behind him. "Yeah no, not happening," I laugh pulling out an ouija bored and putting it on the kitchen side. "This is already too much. I'm not speaking to a murdering ghost grandma and her dumb granddaughter," I say while pointing my index finger threateningly at Colby's chest. Got to be honest, that was a sentence I never thought I'd say. "Dumb granddaughter?" he asks me with confusion written all over his face. "I mean come on, what eleven-year-old wonders into a grave yard by herself at night" I say exaggerating my point by waving my hands around frantically. "Whatever, hurry up and get in the car," he instructs, seemingly amused with an eye-roll. I sigh and do as he says reluctantly.

I make my way to the car and hop in the front, gathering Sam will be in the back again. Not long after the boys put the stuff in the boot of the car, and hop in. Sam sends a glare my way as he gets in the back, but I just give him a big smile in return. "Music woman..." Colby says while passing me his phone. I click on Spotify and get the song 'I Fall Apart' by Post Malone when I shuffle the hot hits. We sing (well attempt to sing) and have a good time listening to music for about an hour.

"Okay, do we want to do our intro now?" Sam asks Colby, as he grabs the camera out. "Sure, while i drive?" Colby asks taking the camera from Sam while keeping his eyes on the road. "Yeah, and introduce Riley," Sam reminds him. "Yeah sure, I'll pull over and set up the camera first," he explains while pulling over onto the side of the main road. He gets the camera in a good position, and presses record as we pull out onto the road once more.

"What's up guys? Its Sam and Colby! And we are here with another video for you guys," the two of them say with 100 percent energy. "As you can see we are not alone in the car... this is our new roommate, Riley," Colby introduces me while I wave with a smile. "Hello," I awkwardly giggle making Sam and Colby laugh. "Next week we will be doing a Q and A with Riley, so you can get to know her" Sam explains. News to me.  "Alright so today, we are going to an abandoned grave yard," Colby says while making a right turn at a junction. Sam then goes on to explain everything they had already told me about the place, along with some facts I didn't yet know. I shake my head in disbelief at the facts and cover my face pretending to cry. "I want red roses at my funeral," I joke at the end, making them laugh.

"Okay we'll see you guys when we make it there," Colby finishes then turns off the camera. "Lets go," he says pulling onto a creepier looking street. "I hate you guys..." I mutter.