Chapter 30- Shattered hearts

It's been a two weeks since I did the overnight in the McDonalds playground. The house has been pretty chill, I haven't been pranked yet but I have a feeling it will be very soon. The boys have pranked each-other but not as extreme as Eltons big hand prank. Colby has been amazing, we have been spending a lot of time together going in the pool, walking around the mall and going out for food.

I'm at the house at the moment, washing the very few dishes we have, seeing as the boys usually eat with paper plates. Colby and Sam are god knows where for their new Sam and Colby video, something about an abandoned insane asylum, whatever it was seemed way to sketchy for me. It was about 9 pm and I could hear Aaron screaming at his computer game, I could pretty much tell you it was fortnight as it's an understatement to call him addicted. Corey had taken Devyn out on a date and Elton was out with some friends. I had my music playing through the speakers relatively loudly as I grooved along to it, happy no one was home to judge me, except Circa who slept happily on the couch in the tv room. When I finished cleaning I wandered into the tv room and put on another Episode of friends. I was enjoying about 3 episodes when my eyes got heavy and I let sleep take over me.

Colby's POV***

Sam unlocked the door to the house at 1 am, we crept in trying to be quiet so we don't wake anyone up. I saw a bit of light flicker from the tv room so I headed over there and saw Riley sleeping cutely with friends episodes playing in front of her. Her hair covered her face messily and her mouth hung open slightly as she took slow, even breaths. I smiled at her, fully in love with the woman in front of me. She was truly the most beautiful girl I've seen, her eyes sparkle in excitement when we do something fun. Her smile makes me melt every time I see it, and her laugh is adorable. I love how well she knows me, when honestly we haven't known each other that long, she can tell when I'm stressed or upset and she'll make me happy again. I know, I know... it's corny. That's what everyone says but that's what I used to think until it became real to me.

"Colby, you're staring," Sam whispers behind me making me jump. "Oh, erm-," I blush but Sam shakes his head and smiles. "That was cute honestly," he teases but gives me a fist bump, "if you guys ever break up I'll actually hunt you down and murder you both," he says while trailing upstairs leaving me wide-eyed. "That won't be a problem," I call after him in a whisper. I smile at what I just said, I could honestly see myself with Riley forever.

I walk over to Riley and turn the Tv off, I go next to her and wrap my arms under her and lift her bridal style into my chest. She stirred in her sleep and looked up at me with tired eyes, "I'm bringing you to my room, go back to sleep," I whisper and she smiles slightly and rests her head on my chest. I walk up the stairs carefully and thank the lords that my doors slightly open so I can kick it open. I go to my bed and gently lay her on it and pull the cover over her. Then I creep to my closet and take out a jumper and sweatpants, then go to the bathroom and change into them. It's 2 am when I finally crawl into bed next to Riley and wrap my arm around her waist, and quickly drop to sleep. I just wish the guilt would stop eating me alive.

Riley's POV***

I woke up the next morning in Colby's bed where he lay next to me, I vaguely remember him bringing me up here last night. I check my phone and it's 9 am. I blink at the brightness on my screen when I see my phone has blown up with notifications. I click on Instagram and go to my notifications where I see the same post I've been tagged and mentioned in over 300 times. I press on the post and my heart shatters, it's a picture of Colby kissing some blonde girl. It looks like a gloomy photo with some fluorescent lights in the background, some kind of party. What if he wasn't exploring yesterday? Maybe he was with Sam at this party. Tears pricked my eyes as I slid myself to the bottom of the bed and climbed off, not waking Colby up. I opened the door and stormed downstairs my face covered in tears as I muffled cries.

"Riley?" I hear Corey ask as I get to the bottom of the stairs. I look up and meet his eyes, where his face softens and gets worried. "What happened?" He asks from the kitchen bench. Aaron, Elton and Devyn were also there looking at me worriedly. I just walked over and placed my phone on the kitchen bench for them all to see the picture. Their mouth hangs open in shock but it hurt too much so I left my phone there, and ran out the house crying loudly as I couldn't hold it in anymore. I ran onto the streets and started walking, I didn't know where to, how long I'd walk for. But I couldn't go back, and they can't say anything to change my mind. They have my phone anyway.