Chapter 28- Overnight At A McDonalds Playground

I'm almost Crying, this book just hit 100k reads which I don't deserve. You guys are the best and I can't thank you enough. Reading your comments makes my day because you're hilarious and knowing you enjoy my book, as bad as I think it is, makes me have motivation to write more. I didn't expect this book to get 10 reads.. or even 100 reads... but to hit 100k is an actual dream. Again I can't thank you enough!
If you have any ideas at all I always read the comments and reply to the positive ones, so I'll give you a shout out and hopefully write a chapter with your idea!
——————

"Ready?" Colby asks while we stand out the front of the house with Colby's car full of essentials. "I guess," I laugh as I get in the front with Colby driving and Sam in the back like usual. "Do you want to do the intro?" Colby asks and we nod as I set up the camera on the dash board of the car and press record. "3..2..1!" Colby counts down..."WHATS UP GUYS ITS SAM AND COLBY?!" They both shout like normal.

"And today we have a very exciting video that should be heaps of fun!" Sam starts, "but first we want to introduce you to this amazing woman next to me, if you guys don't know this is my girlfriend and best friend in the world...Riley! Sorry Sam. She is going to be helping in this video and if you don't yet know her, go check out the previous Q&A on my channel and the last Sam and Colby video," Colby sweetly says and I smile at him and wave to the camera also laughing at Sams pouty face.

"Now tonight we're doing an overnight video at a McDonald's playground. The one we're going to is not 24 hours so it closes at 11pm and the time right now is 9:30pm. The hardest thing is going to be getting in there with our stuff unnoticed, now you may think we'd have a good plan, but you'd be totally wrong, we have no idea what we're doing," Sam says and I laugh. "Great," I sarcastically remark smiling and shaking my head. "So without further ado, let's go!" Colby cheers and turns off the camera.

Colby drives from the house to a small McDonald's out of the main city of LA. "Okay guys, we've just made it to the McDonald and I'm going to try and record this as much as possible but I think you're going to have to bare with us for a bit," Sam says to the camera. We get out the car and go to the back of Colby's car where we each grab an un attention seeking looking backpack. One had blankets, sadly no pillows, and torches/flashlight. The other has camera stuff and some extra clothing. And mine has the food, water and few other things we'd need.

Putting the bags on our back we walk in the McDonald's with the time being 10:30pm, thanks to LA traffic and a long drive. "Do you want to go order?" Sam asks me and I nod after putting my bag down at the table they both sat down at. "Sure, what do you guys want?" I ask. They give me their orders and I nod while repeating the order in my head again and again until I say it out loud to the young boy serving. "Is that all?" He asks and I reply saying yes. I give him the correct money out my purse and wait for the food to be made. Once it's given to me I bring the tray of fast food to the boys and sit next to Colby in the booth strategically next to the door to the playground. "Thanks," they say as Sam holds out some money to repay me.

"Don't be ridiculous," I deny pushing his hand away. "Are you sure?" He checks and I nod, "Of course,". I happily tuck into my kids meal and strawberry milkshake as the boys plow into their meals. "You need to eat more," Colby says muffled because of the food in his mouth. "Meh," I shrug laughing. I see Sam has the camera sneakily his behind the food as it records us but not at a good angle. Once we finish we wait and watch the two chefs and the boy as they go to the kitchen and talk then check no one is waiting for their order to be taken every so often.

"Next time he leaves make a stealthy run for it, go up the slide because you can't see shadows through it," Colby instructs and I nod as I quickly put the rubbish in the bin and the tray on the tray holder then sit back down. The boy watches me do it then goes to the back kitchen again. We stand up quietly, grab the bags and go through the playground door slowly so it doesn't squeak. Then we run to the slide and I go first, then Colby, then Sam. I stop at the top of the slide so I'm sitting at the flat bit. But I feel bad for Sam and Colby who have to hold themselves up because if they're at the bottom they'll be seen.

It's 10:55pm so they're closing when we hear someone open the playground door, I hold my breath and look down with my eyes closed but let out the breath when the door closes again and the clicking sound of them locking the door is heard. I look through the coloured bars on the platform next to the slide quickly to see the lights turn off and the 2 men and young boy walking out of the building. They say their goodbyes and leave into their seperate cars. Once the cars pull out we don't move or talk for a minute until I speak up, "I think we're in the clear," I whisper and Sam agrees. I climb out the tunnel and onto the flat platform, which Colby and Sam does too but we still stay quiet. "I can't believe we just did that," Colby whispers excitedly to the camera that hopefully got all of that or at least the audio. "That was insane," Sam agrees while turning on a not very bright torch/flashlight. We sit in silence for a couple of seconds.

"Now what?" Colby awkwardly chuckles. "I don't know," I reply laughing.