Chapter 29- Overnight At A McDonalds playground, Part 2

(Please listen to song above if you're going through a hard time)

This chapter is completely dedicated to @PuggoDoggo , your comment completely made my day and made me want to update again. Hearing that you've actually re-read my book a few times is amazing as I know how many others you could be reading. Thank you so much Xx

---

"I brought cards?" Sam offers and I nod, "Better than an ouija board," I mutter. "We should use that later," Colby smirks. "What?! After last time you still bring an ouija board?! To a children's playground?! At McDonald's?! Are you-" I freak out but Colby stopped me mid-sentence, "Riley Chill. I was joking," Colby giggles with his adorable big smile. I cross my arms annoyed and pout as they laugh at me.

"Sorry Babe, I had to," Colby continues to laugh but pulls me in for a hug. I try and hold back a smile but I can't so I lean into Colby and he puts his arm around my shoulders like usual. I think he does it so much because I'm the perfect height to rest his arm on.

Sam takes out the cards and starts shuffling them, "Want to play spoons?" he offers. "Yes!" I reply excitedly. (A/N For anyone who hasn't played, you should, it's the best game ever). "Wait we don't have any spoons?" Colby states the obvious.

I quickly get up and sit on the slide and push myself down slowly and quietly, when I get to the bottom I look around to check no ones in sight, and I crawl out the tunnel and over to the bark chips. I pick up two relatively large pieces of wood and quickly scurry back to the slide and climb my way back up.

"Smart," Colby comments, while I place them in the middle and take my seat next to him once again. We place the camera at a good angle and play round after round, getting very, very competitive.

We had to hush each other as we'd laugh loudly or shout in anticipation, it was so much fun and felt great to forget about all the horrible things that have taken place in my past. And that was all because of the guys, and especially Colby. It was 1 am by the time we'd had enough of the game and decided we should try and sleep.

"Alright guys, we haven't got enough battery life to record the night but obviously if anything happens we'll record it and otherwise we'll be waking at 5:30 am to work out how to get out of here," Sam explains to the camera as Colby and I wave tiredly in the background as we pull out the sleeping equipment.

Sam turns off the camera and gets his sleeping stuff out and we all lay down. I was next to Colby who moved me closer to him so I was resting my head on his chest, I felt bad he was on the uncomfortable hard plastic but he assured me he didn't mind.

It didn't take long before I heard Colby breathing deeply like he always does when he is asleep. Sam also looked asleep but I on the other hand couldn't. I moved slightly so I was looking at Colby. His messy chocolate brown hair flopped in front of his closed relaxed eyes. I pictured his adorable blue eyes and bright smile he always seems to have. The weird voices he does to make me laugh, his laugh that makes me smile no matter what and his caring nature that I mainly fell in love with. With Colby's arms around me I feel like no one could ever hurt me again. I felt like the luckiest girl alive, not just because he saved me physically and mentally, but because I can officially say that Cole Robert Brock is my Hero.
———
I woke up because someone was shaking my shoulders. "Riley, wake up, it's 5:35am," Colby whispered as I squinted my eyes open. "Morning sleeping beauty," He coo's and I smile. "Morning," I grumble but give him a peck on the lips.

"Okay guys, save it until I'm not in the same area," Sam complained. "Says you with Kat," Colby retaliates making me laugh. Sam admits defeated and shuts up but we pack away all our things as Sam talks to the camera and fills in the future viewers on what's going on. "So how are we going to get out?" Colby asks yawning.

"We'll just have to jump over the glass fence thing that goes around the playground," I reply because we'll get caught any other way. "Sounds good, they're opening in 15 minutes so I think we should move now," Sam explains and we agree and gather our stuff as Colby holds the camera.

"Let's quickly get a thumbnail," Colby says while he puts the camera on the fence facing us as we were in front of the playground. The sun had only just started to rise so we had a torch/flashlight shining from next to the camera on us. We pose a couple ways then gather the things before we're noticed.

"Ladies first," Colby states while putting his hands together for me to stand on so he can give me a boost over the fence. "Thanks," I mutter and fling myself over with the help from Colby. I help Sam over then take the camera from Colby so he can jump over too. He impressively pulls himself over with no problems and lands smoothly. "Lets go," Sam mutters as we run stealthily to the far unseen corner of the car park where the car was, and we load the stuff in the back, and hop in.

We pull out the onto the quiet streets and when the sun rises a bit more we pull onto the side of the road where the boys do their outro and thank me for coming.

We get home by 7am and Colby and I go to his room and Sam goes to the kitchen. We both change into some comfier clothes, Colby went to the bathroom to get changed and I stayed in his room. I got out my skinny jeans, cropped shirt and jacket and put on my comfy leggings, Colby wasn't back yet so I sneakily went to his wardrobe and stole one of his jumpers.

I know, I know, it's such a stereotypical thing to do, but honestly they're warm and big- so it makes them comfortable as hell. I slip off my shirt and put in the jumper just before Colby comes in. Colby had changed out of his skinny jeans, shirt and jacket into some sweatpants and a jumper.

He takes a look at me and smiles adorably. "You look so cute," he giggles and I mess around my flopping the sleeves of the jumper around because they're so long. We lay cuddled together on his bed and put on a movie, but 5 minutes in we we're both completely asleep.