Chapter 39- Overnight At A Parkour Gym

Seven thirty rolled around pretty quickly. "Everyone to the cars!" Elton happily exclaims while waving the camera around. We leave the front door and all get in Elton's car, "Got everything?" Corey asks and we all agree that we're fine to go. "It's about a 40-minute drive so get comfy," Elton tells us and I groan. I was squished in the middle with Sam and Colby on either side of me, and Corey was in the passenger seat, with Elton driving. I feel Colby move his arm around my waist and pull me towards him so I could lean comfortably. I look up at him and smile, and he kisses my head. The whole car ride was filled with us listening to the soft music playing in the background, and the quiet chatter of the guys working out how we would stay the night there, and not get caught. I was leaning my head in the crook of Colby's neck, as he softly played with my hair, it was very relaxing and I felt myself drift in and out of sleep a few times.

"Ri, we're nearly here," I heard Colby whisper. I was in that awkward stage of being awake enough to know what was happening around me, but like dreaming? If you know what I mean. I shifted and lifted my head slowly and groaned as my neck had gone stiff from being bent funny. Colby chuckled at me, but I sent a joking glare at him, which made him shut up immediately. "Alright, I'm going to park down the street a bit," Elton said as we passed the Parkour Gym that was lit brightly. Once we parked and Elton had got all his camera gear out, we made our way towards the building. When we were outside, Elton balanced the camera on a trash can, and we did the intro. He introduced me to the TFIL channel, then explained what our plan was. We were all going to jump around for a bit, then towards the end of the session we would hide and hopefully they would shut the place without noticing we were still there.

"Let's go!" Sam screamed while taking off into the building. Colby grabbed my hand and started running after him. We went to the register and told them our name, to which they gave us our wrist bands and we were let loose. The gym was epic! it had trampolines, a giant foam pit with metal bars to hang onto above it. There were loads of different sized walls to jump from one to the other and in the middle a giant gymnastics spring floor. On top of that, there was a few mats and blocks to mess around with. I took off my shoes and went running to the trampolines. "Someones excited," I heard Sam sarcastically remark behind me, to which I just gave a goofy smile In return. I leapt onto the trampoline and took a few big bounces to see how springy it was. The answer was... very. A few moments later I held my breath and attempted a front flip. "Yes!" I exclaimed surprising myself that I could still do them.

"Impressive, what else can you do?" Colby asked while standing next to the trampoline. "Erm, I don't know what I can still do, but I'll have a go," I answer then tuck into a backflip. I then do an aerial and a front twist. "Damn," Colby remarks impressed while giving a small clap, "Thanks, what can you do?" I ask while hopping off the trampoline. "I can jump, up and down," Colby replies in a cool tone, "Oh wow, I'm so impressed," I pretend to gush which makes him laugh, "I know, try not to drool," he gloats while walking past me sassily. "Oh, that won't be too hard," I say jokingly while looking in the other direction. "Excuse me?" he playfully retaliates while coming over to me again. "Nothing, I said nothing," I lie, "Hmm, that's not what I heard," Colby acts in deep thought, then suddenly swoops me off my feet. "Colby!" I shriek while laughing, he carried me a few metres to the big foam pit without the metal bars. Then he swings me a bit before letting go and I go flying into the pit of blue and orange foam cubes. "Rude," I pout while looking at him, then an evil grin appears on his face. "What?" I ask scared, but before I could move Colby leapt towards me, and just missed squashing me. He looked at me with a cheeky smile and I just threw a foam cube at his face.

This turned into an all-out war as we continued to throw them at each other, we were both cracking up laughing while exchanging pitiful trash talk about each other. "Hey lovebirds! Come here!" Elton shouts from the spring floor. Colby climbs out first and holds his hand out for me to take. "Thank you," I say once I'm out. We head down to the spring floor where the rest of the guys were talking quietly, "You already look sketchy," Colby says taking the words right out of my mouth. "Shut up," Sam says and I laugh, "Okay, we think it'll be a good idea if you all hide in that room up there, while they close up. I'll stay down here and hide, then come and get you when it's safe to move," Elton explains. I get a little confused why Elton would stay down here but I shrug it off, Elton knows what he's doing.

We all head over to the room laughing and talking so we don't look like we're up to anything, and when no one's looking we climb up the awkward structure into the dark room. Colby, Sam and I hide behind the couch, while Corey hides behind the door. It takes about 20 minutes for the employees to start turning the lights off and closing everything up. My heart was beating fast at the thought of us getting caught. Just when I think everyone's left I hear footsteps come up the stairs and in the room. "HEY! WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING HERE?!?!" A man screams at Corey who was behind the door, then turns to us.  We're all speechless until Elton walks in laughing, I'm super confused then Colby sighs in relief next to me. "Corbin!" he exclaims but I'm still stunned and confused.

"You scared the hell out of us!" Corey laughs while holding his chest where his heart is. "Riley, this is our friend Corbin...Who works here and has already given us permission to stay the night," Elton laughs. I smile at Corbin and finally remember to breathe again. "Wait, so this whole time we were allowed to stay the night...and you made us hide for no reason?" Colby asks, "Yeahhh, pretty much," Elton replies in a high pitched voice. "Uncle Elton!" Sam disapprovingly says while we all laugh.

"Now! Who is ready to go crazy?!" Elton cheers and we scream various answers while running out the room like a pack of wild, psychopathic animals.