Chapter 26- Prank, part 2

Shout out tooooo....kiara_Saldana !!! All your comments are actually hilarious so thank you for supporting the book and letting me know your hilarious thoughts!
—————————————————————————————————————————

Corey's POV***

"Riley!" I shout acting as I run out to the front yard with my camera in hand. "Guys!" I shout as Sam stumbles down the stairs looking half asleep. "What was that?" He asks worried, "Riley!" I pretend to ignore him and call out. "Where is she?! She came out to get something from Colby's car and I just heard a scream," I explain as Elton also comes in. "No... you're joking, this is a prank," Elton guesses, but still looks sceptical.

"She's probably just hiding go look around," Sam guesses while he looks around the front of the house. "What are you doing awake and with a camera Corey?" Elton asks still confused. "Devyn woke up to do a make up tutorial and I was filming a dance video in the kitchen," I lie pretty convincingly. "What's going on? Anyone seen Riley?" Colby suddenly says as he drags himself down the stairs.

"Okay Colby stay calm but Riley went out to get something from your car and we heard her make an ear piercing scream and we don't particularly know where she is," Elton calmly explains but Colby's face feels with worry and his eyes shoot open...perfect. "What? What do you mean scream?" He asks kinda shouting. "We all heard her scream from outside, I ran out to see if she was okay and she's gone. Sams looking around for her," I explain while going to the front of the house again. "I can't see her," Sam concludes worrying a lot.

"W-we need to call the police! What if it was Mitch her Ex that hurt her?" Colby freaks out while grabbing his phone out. My heart stopped for a second and I immediately felt guilty, that was a valid and scary thing that could happen but i continued with the prank. "Wait let's search the house fully, then call the police... also remember it has to be over 24 hours," I answer while grabbing Colby's shoulders so he is facing me in a friendly matter, the poor guy had sweat on his face.

Colby kept trying to call Riley but she let it go to voicemail every time. "God damn it guys, what do we do? Seriously what if she's hurt?" He asks on the verge of tears, I felt so bad but couldn't stop now. "Let's have a better look, keep trying to call her and Elton go drive around the neighbourhood," Sam suggested and everyone agreed. I went upstairs with a heavy breathing Colby behind me.

I went into Devyn and i's room where she was posing for Instagram posts. "Nope," I lyingly call out while going back to the top of the stairs. "She's not in my room, the bathroom, Sam's, Aaron's or her room," Colby says while coming out her room with Aaron as well. "She's not around the house anywhere," Sam freaks out while coming through the back doors of the house. "What do we do!?!?" Colby shouts while squatting down and covering his face with his hands, I couldn't tell if he was crying but it looked like it.

"I can't see anyone," Elton concludes walking back into the house with his car keys in hand, I could tell he fully believed it was real now, the worry on his face was evident. It had been an hour of chaos, Colby having mini panic attacks, the guys looking places and trying to call the police, I had to stop them but Elton also agreed that we can't file missing person until it's been 24 hours.

Go to Colby's room now

I texted Riley and she replied with... okay.

Riley's POV***
It's been a long and boring hour but finally Corey texted me to go to Colby's room. So I snuck out the wardrobe while smiling and a Devyn gave me a thumbs up and a wink. I quickly scooted into Colby's room and I sat on his bed casually.

"Corey I've already checked!" Colby's panic filled voice shouted back as he came closer to his room, the door handle twisted a bit and he peered in the room. His eyes met mine for 0.1 of a second and they relaxed immediately, "Oh my god!" He cried while running over to me and wrapping me in the most loving hug I've ever had. "I thought I'd lost you forever to Mitch or something," Colby said literally crying.

It broke my heart a bit and I felt guilty but I couldn't help but to giggle. "Welcomee to the mega prank warrrrrssss!" I shout while standing up and dancing. "No fair," he sighed but still wrapped me in another hug and kissed me deeply. "There are cameras all over his house, Corey and a Devyn were the only ones in on it, and I was hiding in their wardrobe," I explain and Colby nods. "It was a well pulled off prank but never do that again," Colby laughs while staring at me intensely with his beautiful blue eyes and wide grin. "I love you," I say, "I love you too Riley," he answers as we share another kiss.

"Better head downstairs so the others don't think I'm dead," I joke while grabbing Colby's hand and walking downstairs with him.