Chapter 32- Let Me Explain

"Please let me explain," he says while looking at me with pleading eyes. "Colby, I just want to go to sleep, we'll talk in the morning," I stubbornly say while turning my back and walking towards my room. "No please can we talk now, please Riley I can't sleep like this," he pleads but I keep walking. "Just know, I'm never going to give up, I will make it up to you Riley, I love you," he said sincerely, I stop in my tracks and turn around.

"So this did happen while we were together?" I ask looking down as tears threatened to fall. "Yes but-" he replied, "I knew it, it was at the party last week wasn't it?" I ask again, "Yeah, but-". But that was it, I was already closing my bedroom door. I locked it then rested my back against the door and slid down it and cried against it. "Riley, open the door, please!" Colby desperately shouted, probably waking up the house. I continued to cry but I couldn't hold it in, sobs escaped my mouth loudly. "I'll do anything just open the door," he sobbed and I heard a sliding sound like he was leaning his back and sitting down like me on the other side of the door. After sitting in silence for a while as my sobs died down, I could still hear Colby on the other side of the door. My eyes grew heavy and I fell asleep.

~~~~

I woke up to the light streaming on my face. My head was against the wall next to my door and my legs were curled up into me. I looked in my little mirror and almost scared myself, my eyes were bloodshot and my hair was a complete mess. I needed a nice warm shower. I grabbed a towel and some fresh clothes then slowly unlocked my door and pulled it open quietly. My heart ached a second when I saw Colby asleep against the wall with his legs out. I crept over his legs and down the hall, then into the bathroom. I turned the hot water on and undressed then got in. I took a longer shower than usual, thinking about everything that's happened. It shows Colby wanted to fix this, the fact he slept outside my bedroom.

I know what most people think in this situation, just forgive him, everyone makes mistakes. I thought that when I read books and watched movies, but when you're in love, and that happens, it hurts more than imaginable. I tried not to but my eyes filled with tears once again. Come on Riley, pull it together.

I washed my hair and body then turned off the shower, dried myself and got changed into my comfortable short shorts and a loose shirt. I untangled my hair with difficulty and applied a very little amount of makeup. I heard a knocking on the door, "just a minute!" I shout praying it was Sam or Corey. I checked my reflection one more time I sent myself a fake smile, it'll have to do. I unlocked the door and met the eyes of Colby, damn it. I stared for a second before pushing past him, slightly bumping his shoulder unintentionally. "Riley wait!" I hear him call after me as I speed walk down the stairs.

When I got to the bottom I saw Devyn look at me then come hurtling towards me. She wrapped me in a big hug and I hugged her back. "You alright sweetheart?" She whispered and I shrugged but gave her a smile, "I've been better," I admit. She nods understandingly. I see Sam give me a sincere smile and Elton pats me on the back while he walks past to give Circa some food. "Sam told me what happened, if you need to talk girl to girl, I'm here," a soft voice says from behind. I turn around and smile at Kat and nod "thank you." She nods in return before walking over to Sam. Corey comes down the stairs and gives me one of his wide smiles and I laugh, "what's got you so happy?" I ask. "Nothing, nothing at all," he obviously lies and walks out the front door. "Okay?" I say and everyone laughs. The laughing stopped suddenly and I heard a noise behind me. I turned around but regretted it when Colby stood near me, awkwardly looking around, "erm guys? Can you all come outside please?" He asks staring at everyone but me. They all slowly walked towards the door and Kat shrugged her shoulders as she strolls past me, leaving me standing confused. Great... he's gonna ask them to kick me out.

I depressingly stroll to the food cupboards and look in to see what we have, lots of chip packets, easy cook meals... ah-ha, cereal. I take it out and see it's a rainbow coloured cereal, so I check the back. Way too fattening and sugary. I put it back and sigh, then I turn around and go to the fruit basket where I take out an apple and slowly chew on it as I lean on the counter. My brain wanted me to go and snoop on what was happening, but I didn't want to hear the fact I have to move out any sooner then needed. After a few minutes, the door opens and they all come back in seeming a bit happier. They carry on with what they were doing before they left, leaving me very confused. I look at Elton who caught my eye and I gave him a confused look but he just smiled simply and stroked Circa. I shake my head at their weird behaviour and walk towards the stairs, "how about we all go in the pool?" Corey asks quickly and everyone else agrees, including Colby. "Riley?" Corey asks, "Erm, I don't think I should," I reply hinting at how bad the awkwardness will be. "Come on, it'll be fun," Corey says. "Alright then, if you really want," I sigh and Corey smiles, "I really do." I laugh and continue up the stairs. I get up to my room and grab my plain black bikini. It was strapless and cute, but not too revealing. I put it on then grabbed my black oversized Green Day shirt. It was like a dress on me so fine to go to the pool in. I grabbed a towel and tied my hair in a messy bun (A/N- like every other fanfic lol).

Then I went downstairs and saw everyone else was already down there, all the boys were in the pool and Kat and Devyn were sitting outside with their legs in the water. I went to the table next to the pool and placed my phone down, I couldn't help but take a sneaky glance at Colby when he wasn't looking, god damn it Riley, pull yourself together. I walked to the stairs into the pool and took a few steps in. "Aren't you going to take your shirt off before it gets soaked?" Kat asks confused. "Uhh-".

"Don't be insecure Ri," Devyn added on and I nodded slowly before getting out the pool again and walking to the table where take my shirt off quickly and cross my arms around my stomach. I quickly dash to the edge of the pool and get in. I cared more about getting my body out of the open than how cold the water was. I smiled at the girls and they smiled back. "Incoming!!" I heard someone shout before I got completely covered in water. "So much for keeping my hair dry," I sarcastically laugh and the girls do too. "Elton!" I scold when he resurfaced, "oops sorry Ri," he laughs and I jokingly roll my eyes. From the corner of my eye, I can see Colby staring at me, I use all my strength not to look back at him.

"Hey Riley there is a party tomorrow night we're all going to, if you want to join," Sam offers. I'm not usually a party kind of person, but I've been dealing with so much at the moment, why the hell don't I just let loose for once?

"Sounds good,"