Chapter 27- Finally

Finally, the day had arrived and I could get my cast off my arm. Colby and I were in the hospital waiting room for our 1.00pm appointment, "Riley Blake?" A recognisable doctor called walking in the room. I stood up and Colby did too, "Right this way," the kind man said while motioning for us to go into the small room with a hospital bed in it.

"Hey Riley, how you feeling?" Dr Smith asked as I sat on the edge of the bed, "Good thanks,". "Ready to get this cast off?" he asks giving me a smile. "Definitely," I answer and he laughs. "Most people are," he agrees while bringing over the tools he needs.

He starts taking off my cast, the feeling of air getting to it for the first time in weeks is amazing. "Okay so we're going to give you a couple of exercises to do, we want you back here in 2 weeks to see how it's going, be gentle with it, nothing to fast, okay?" He asks and I nod understanding. "Alright, glad you're getting better," he smiles after showing me exercises and other things to do. He pats me on the back as we leave the room and we go towards the exit of the hospital. "Thank you," I call once we get back to the waiting room and Dr Smith calls his next patient. "No problem," he smiles.

"How do you feel?" Colby asks while we walk hand in hand. "Amazing, I can actually itch my arm," I laugh while scratching it. "Is that really the best thing?" He asks and I nod, "you have no idea,".

"What have we got planned for the rest of the day?" I ask and Colby shrugs. "I have some editing to do for an upload tomorrow and then I need to find a place to go tomorrow for the Sam and Colby video," he explains and I nod, "Can the bestest boyfriend in the world please help me edit my video if he gets a chance?" I ask cheekily. "Hmm, seeing as the bestest girlfriend in the world asked so nicely, I'm sure I can find some time," he plays along and I nod laughing. "Thanks," I say while side hugging him, which he returns.

We hop in his car and the music plays quietly on the way back to the house. Once we get in the house we see Sam covered in aluminium foil and what looks to be shaving cream, and Elton covered in water and blue coloured- I don't even know. "Hi guys?" I say confusingly but they just laugh at my reaction. "Do we want to know?" Colby's asks staring in shock. "Let's just say I pranked Elton, and he got a little mad," Sam explains pointing a camera at us then a grumpy faced Elton.

"Well now I'm going to be strutting down the street walking my pink dog with a blue beard and hair like a sassy over confident male," Elton sarcastically rolls his eyes. I giggle slightly realising the blue stuff is a strong hair dye but stop once Elton gives me a joking warning glare. I feel Colby's arms snake around my waist as he leans his head on my shoulder. "Is it bad I'm used to walking in my own home and seeing this kind of thing on a daily basis?" He whispers in my ear. "Bad? No. Amusing? Yes," I chuckle and he does too.

"How'd it go at the hospital Riley?" Sam asks. "Good, I've got some exercises to do but no cast!" I show off my arm. "Yay! You can go in the pool and do other things better now," Elton points out and I nod energetically, "I know I'm so excited to go in the pool again, I've been waiting to long to have a go in it," I reply.

"I'm sorry, I need to go and start editing, you coming?" Colby asks me while untangling his arms from around me. "Sure," I agree and follow him up the stairs. "You can try and start editing the video on my old laptop if you want," Colby offers and I thank him while grabbing the old laptop, it was still good to use. I grab the memory card from the camera that Corey let me have until I made the video. Colby showed me the program he used to edit with and gave me a simple run down on what to do. We spend 2 hours overall editing, probably would of been quicker if we weren't chatting the whole time.

"That's actually really good," Colby compliments after watching my video, "don't go taking my job," he jokes. He seemed to genuinely enjoy watching it and laughing at himself. "You don't have to worry about that," I giggle. "Now their is one more thing to do," Colby says suspiciously, "and this is always a fun part for me," He continues. "You need an opening theme, so it'll be at the start of every one of your videos," Colby explains and I nod understandingly. "Any ideas?" I ask him, "I don't know, let's brain storm," he professionally stated while getting a notepad and pen. In the end we come up with an awesome idea that I will get a picture of me smiling nicely that Colby took that will then turn into a black and white sketched drawing. Then it'll lead to a photo of Colby and I on our first date that is really cute, which will then also fade into a black and white drawing and lastly the same thing will happen with my profile photo when I'm on the road, but it'll have Riley Blake written in cursive.

Colby and I spend an hour and a half working on it and it turns out great. "Thanks Colby, it amazing, I love it!" I say hugging him and kissing his cheek once it was in the video and uploading. "I think I deserve more than a kiss on the cheek," He cheekily says and I laugh while kissing his lips sweetly. "Better?" I laugh and he nods satisfied. "I love you Colby," I say which makes a genuine smile form on his face, "I love you more Riley," he replies. "Not possible," I say as we share another kiss.