Chapter 18- Q&A With Colby

Shout out toooooo... elisexnat thanks for your support and comments on the Chapters! Means a lot.
-----------------------------

"Hey Guys whats up? It Colby," Colby says hiperly making gestures towards the camera. We were sitting quite close to each other on the little couch that complimented his room nicely. The colourful stickers hung above our head on his walls, with a slight glow as the cameras light shone on them. "As you can see I'm not alone for this video, everyone please say hi to Riley! She is the newest house member and hopefully will be in our videos quite often," he introduces me to his camera. I awkwardly wave to the small camera that was set up on its tripod.

"At this point I'm not going to say how we met, but maybe in the future i will. For today's video we're just going to do a Q and A to get to know Ri a bit better," Colby says with a shrug.

I nod and smile at him, not really knowing what to say. The whole talking to a camera thing still seemed weird to me, but Colby made it seem natural. Colby smiles back and we laugh at my awkwardness. "The questions are on my phone," he tells me while whipping out his phone and going to his notes app. "Okay.... questions one!" He screams loudly making me flinch at the abruptness.

"What is your favorite tv show?" He asks. "Hmm, I have a few. Friends, Heartland and Teen Wolf are probably my favourite. But I watch lots of Netflix shows on top of that," i answer after some thought. "I have only seen Friends out of them," Colby says making me shake my head in disappointment. "Don't worry, I'll change that," i tell him.

"Okay guys, looks like I'm watching some new shows soon," Colby tells the camera with a laugh and i nod in agreement. "Next questionay," He says with a terrible Italian accent. I fumble with a bit of cotton off my black knit jumper, it was keeping me occupied as I wasn't sure if I should look into the camera a lot or not. "What are your favorite animals?" He asked looking at me expectingly. "Uh...zebras, horses, alpacas, and dogs?" I list off the top of my head. Colby nods along seemingly agreeing that they're all cool.

"Are you allergic to anything?" He asks a bit randomly. "Yes, cats make me involuntarily cry and sneeze," I reply while pouting, I do like cats but I can't go near them. "Oh really? Thats so sad," Colby sympathetically pouts. "Alright, what are your interests?" He asks rather vaguely after looking at his phone for a question.

"Well, I was originally born in Australia and moved here to America 10 years ago. My family and I were always fans of a race car category called the V8 supercars, and i still love to watch them," i explain and Colby nods then freezes upon taking in what I said before.

"You're Australian?" Colby asked shocked while giving me a raised eyebrow look. I nodded with a small smile, "Woah, I knew your accent was a little different but i didn't think Australian. Why didn't you tell us?" Colby asks laughing. "I don't know it just never came up in conversation," I giggled.

"Yeah, i picked up the American accent quite quickly," i chuckle. "What part of Australia?" Colby asks me sounding generally interested. We were pretty much having a conversation with each other now, both of us completely forgetting about the camera. "Adelaide in South Australia. The car category raced there, its where i had my best memories with my family," i sadly mutter the last part and look down. Colby could sense that the thought of my family bothered me.

He gives me a sad and reassuring smile. Suddenly it seems to dawn on him that we're still on camera so he perks up again. "So uh- whos a role model of yours?" He asks after looking at his phone. "Im not sure to be honest," I answered, "a couple of sports people I guess but no one sticks out to me properly," I reply and Colby nods once again. "Are you single?" he asks with a smirk, he already knew the answer obviously but the viewers wouldn't know. "Yes i am," I reply thinking of Mitch momentarily. His face with dark cast eyes from the last time I saw him flashed in front of my vision. How long would it take for me to get over him? Even after everything he'd done to me.

"What sport do you like?" Colby asks while fixing his hair in the reflection of the camera. "Motorsport, horse riding, soccer and tennis are my favourites," I list off. "Boy sports?" Colby annoyingly states. "They're not," I laugh, "okay they kind of are, but still good sports," I agree. "Are you any good at them?" he asks with a teasing grin. "Well I used to be alright I suppose? Probably not anymore," I laugh thinking back to the last time I played those sports, which was years ago. Colby asks a few more questions, mainly about my favourite movies, foods, activities and normal 'getting to know people' type questions. He finishes off the video positively and plugs his merchandise line during his outro. I say goodbye too and put my thumbs up while he says about liking the video. After Colby turns the camera off, we both head into the kitchen to get some food because Colby is "going to die of starvation" if we don't. Colby starts munching on some almonds while I grab an apple. "Well then, if its such a boys game, I saw that you have Forza the racing game, so lets race and I'll prove you wrong," i competitivly say after a moment of silence. "You really think you can beat me?" He challenges with a smirk. "I know I can," I gloat back with a challenging stare.

"You're on," he states grabbing my hand and pulling me into the lounge room.