Chapter 14- Haunted Graveyard

We pull up on the side of an abandoned looking road. "Okay, it should be at the end of this street, but we have to walk the rest," Sam says taking out the camera again and hopping out the car. "Yayyy," I sarcastically say with an eye roll. "Just remember, you can hold my hand if you get to scared," Colby cheekily replies while giving his eyebrows a wiggle.

I slap his upper arm jokingly and get out the car. He follows my actions chuckling to himself. "You guys finished flirting and ready to start the video?" Sam calls with a wink. He had already got the bags from the back of the car and left them on the path. "Give it a rest, Golbach," I retaliate sticking my tounge out at him. I bend down and grab my backpack with a bit of pain from my ribs.

Sam faces the camera towards himself and Colby before pressing record, while I adjust the straps of my bag. "Okay guys, we just made it here, and we are on our way to the end of the road which is where the graveyard is," Sam explains as we start walking. "Once we get into the graveyard, we're just going to have a look around and then settle down for the night," Colby explains further, as we pass a creepy looking house.

We continue to get closer, until we reach some big barbed wire fences that are circling the graveyard. "Oh nooo.. we cant get in. What a shame... lets go," I say full of sarcasm while grabbing Colbys arm and pulling him back the way we came. "Oh no Riley, don't worry. A fence has never stoped us," Sam says with an equal amount of sarcasm. Colby stops me and pulls me gently back towards Sam.

"Fantastic," I grumbled with a pout. Colby laughs at Sam and I's bickering, while moving towards the fence. Once we reached it Sam easily lifts himself over, missing the barbed wire and landing on the other side like it was nothing. "Pass the camera," he whispers and Colby reaches over and just about gets it to Sam.

"Okay, I'll give you a boost, try and put your foot under the barbed wire and on the pole, put your unbroken hand on the end of the vertical pole, then just jump quickly," Colby explained in a whisper. I nodded although I felt very uncertain with his plan. Colby crouched down to grab my leg and lift me up, which he did. I got on top and managed to put my feet and hands where Colby said.

"Okay, now just jump," Colby instructed still standing close incase I fell. I leant forward to jump but I felt my foot get stuck under the string of the barbed wire. My body had already lost its balance as I was leaning so far forward. Gravity took me down... and it took me down fast. I felt the impact on my knee and my ribs, luckly not on my wrist. But damn the pain my ribs. "Ughhh," I groaned in agony while curling into a ball from the pain all over my body.

"Oh my go- Riley are you okay," Sam whispers kneeling down next to me. Seconds later I heard Colby jump down next to me with a frightened look on his face. I tried to sit up, grunting in pain from my ribs again. "Did you hurt your ribs?" Colby whispers crouching down next to my head and holding my back, so I didn't have to hold all my weight.

"Yeah I think, a little," I replied trying to breathe normally again, I think I winded myself into the next century. "Okay we're leaving, we can come back anoth-" Colby starts but I cut him off. "No its fine, I'm okay. It'll be good content," I chuckle lightly thinking of the comments already. Colby chuckles next to me while shaking his head. "Are you sure we don't need to go to emergency and get you check out?" He quietly asks as Sam gets up to grab our stuff again. "So it seems like she is already one of us, and yes Riley...I did get it all on video,"  I hear Sam say from near the fence. "Yeah I'm okay, I promise," I reply to Colby while trying to stand up, ignoring Sam in the process.

He holds out his hands out for me which I grab and pull myself up the rest of the way. "Anything breakable in my bag?" I ask Colby quietly. "Probably, but it's fine," he replied also in a hushed tone. I look around us for a second, then remember where we are. Oh my god, what if I fell on a grave. That would be a whole different story. I feel my body tempreature suddenly drop, so I tug my jacket closer to me. I see the other two do the same thing, we make eye contact but just shrug it off. Just a cold night I guess.

"The torches are in your front pocket," Colby tells us quietly. I swing my backpack over my shoulder and grab it out. "Lets go look around," Sam whispers while facing the camera towards Colby and I. I look at the creepy path in front of us, I really don't want to do this. I start walking, limping slightly behind Colby and Sam. Colby gave me a rised eyebrow look, and motioned towards my knee. I shrug and looked away, I'm not ruining their video because of a bit of pain. We come to the first set of graves, they were all crumbling down or overgrown with weeds. It was sad to see them destroyed. Obviously they never get visitors and all their lives were pretty much forgotten. The graveyard wasn't small either, it carried on further than I could see with a large torch. I walk more in the middle of the path and closer to Colby, unintentionally of course.

The deeper we get, the colder I feel and the more creeped out I get. "We are nearing the centre of the graveyard now, and the grave of the grandmother lives there," Sam whispers making my pace slow down. He continues panning the camera around to see graves around us, a bit of light illuminating off it. "Lives there? That was uncalled for," I say with a smile. Here I go again, trying to be funny in serious situations. And because I'm scared out of my mind. "Oh ha...ha." Colby sarcastically says but actually laughs loudly, too loudly.

"Uhh. It should be... here," Sam whispers looking at his phone then pointing to a grave that was relatively large. The white stone seemed cleaner than the rest around it. It hadn't got any weeds on it unlike the ones accompanying it. Just looking at it gave me chills. The long curving letters engraving the stone looked elegant, almost ancient. We took a few steps closer to it, but then heard a branch snap behind us. Making my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach.