Trying to break the ice

(Third person)

Grilbey set another order of fries downs in front of Frisk, inflicting her to jump out of her thoughts of the previous events that had taken place before. After a relieved breath, she kindly thanked the bartender and went back eating her food before it grew cold.

Surprisingly, the fire from before had only left a burnt ring in the bar's floor, causing minimal damage to the establishment. How Sans' bone attack hadn't even splintered the wood was a mystery. However he managed it, Grilbey didn't care. Just so long as he wouldn't have to replace anything. But he wasn't exactly worried about how much damage his bar took, let alone how much it could have. He was more concerned for the eerie silence between the two beings sitting in front of him. They seemed to sit so close, yet looked so distant from one another. Were as yesterday evening the two were stuck like glue. He begins to worry...

Meanwhile, Sans is chugging down another bottle of ketchup. This'll be his third one. Not tonight of course, but third one after the 'situation'. He was still pretty shocked about the whole endeavor. Yeah, he knew that Frisk was a beautiful girl, granted. But he had no idea someone would try doing that to her because of it. There's also the slight chance that 'Dog boy' (as Sans referred to him) was just trying to get back for her leaving the Underground without sacrificing herself? Or for just surviving all together? He had no idea, but he was furious still.

He couldn't get over it. He has always had this sense of responsibility for Frisk. This need to protect her, keep her safe, it was what kept him going back when they'd met. That, and the fact that he loved her.

Sans began to choke on his ketchup at the thought. He coughed and hacked, nearly spitting up onto the countertop. Did..Did he just think that shit?

Wait...Jesus was he a pedophile?! No, no he was just caught up in- in...something..? Yeah. He shooed that thought away, rethinking it. He cared for Frisk. Cared. Yeah. She meant the world to that pitiful skeleton. From the instant they met in the ruins, he knew that. It was a feeling he had. Not only in his heart but a literal feeling in his soul. He still feels it, even if he's just standing beside her. He feels it. They were best friends after all.

And damn it, he hated seeing his best friend upset, so today has pretty much ripped his heart out.

'I don't think I can withstand anymore crying women today. Er...Kids...I mean.'

Grilbey and Sans' weren't the only ones thinking a lot. Frisk's mind ran like a sleepless city. As soon as she imagined her thoughts had been set to rest she turns the corner to find that millions are still restlessly scurrying around. As one light was turned off, another hundred flickered on. It made her brain throb to say the least. She just couldn't wrap her head around it all...

She wasn't thinking about what had happened, no, she didn't even care to be honest. In fact, she had been through worse. When you grow up being referred to as a witch nearly your entire life, staying out of trouble isn't exactly easy. There's a lot to Frisk that no one knew to be honest. Not even she knew half of it...

The thing that kept her mind boggled was the magic properties she posed. From what she knows her magic is solely set off by her emotions. When she's mad or scared she starts to uncontrollably rain literal hell on everything around her. Then as she experienced in the forest, she can make flowers grow...? There has to more to it though...

Whatever it is, he wasn't controlling that either....Yet at the same time she can keep herself from burning other people (something she found out while crying onto Sans earlier). If only she'd known that when she was hugging Chara this morning...