The Patience it takes for another to become Brave

Frisk's POV

No one has tried to stop me yet... Not even Sans. 

And he knows that I've been gathering the souls this whole time, so it isn't like he is obliviously minding his business. He is deliberately letting me do this. I don't know wether to feel grateful of hurt. 

Chara hasn't spoke to me since Monday. After he kissed me I guess I blew up enough for him to lay off and stay away from me. Asriel has caught onto it, and he knows what happened. He tries getting me to talk to Chara now and then, 

"Come on, Frisk! You can't avoid him forever..! And besides, he already said he's sorry... Like, really sorry" 

I've been telling him I'd try, but I haven't at all. 

Tonight I managed to snag up two more human souls from Asgore's jars. I swear, he never looks into that room. I've opened each and every coffin in there, and all of the children's skins have either rotted away or are mummified to their skeletons like the Pharaohs you see in museums. It was sad imagining how their parents might have felt when they couldn't find their bodies, assuming they weren't like me and that they had good parents. 

I have Determination, Justice, Perseverance, Integrity, Patience and Bravery, the only one left now is Kindness. I would have absorbed it too, but oddly enough, I couldn't find the soul.... 

So. Today I take a step backward and revisit the Hotlands Laboratory. I figure if anyone knows were the last soul is, it would have to be Sans. If I could get it from him, then all would be right again. 

But when I got there, I didn't find him. Instead, I just found the soul in a small jar. Someone moved it, and left it in the hallway for me to find... 

Without a second thought I shoved the soul into my chest. The momentary burning felt like it lasted a lot longer than all the other times, and I felt a lot more different once i could tell the souls all resonated together.... It was too easy this time. Why would they deliberately leave the jar out in the open for me? In a way, I felt happy. I felt glad that  they were fine with letting me have this. But at the same time, "What now?" 

What do I do now?.... Have I done everything I wanted here?... I've made friends with everyone, I've become Princess, and I even learned to harness my magic... But what for?... .Why did I wait so long..? What was it I really wanted when I jumped?.... After all this time, I'd forgotten. But now, I had to remember... What was the point?.. What reason did I give myself to try again?...

A sheet of crumpled up paper that i'd ignored before was stuck inside the jar. I fish it out and un-wad it, finding a letter in Sans's handwriting. I knew it was directed to me despite he not addressing it properly. 

Do I remember?.... Of course I do... But only now do I recall the way the sunlight hit his face. The way echoflowers lit up the paths we took, and the way he risked his magic for me. I remember the week we were together, but I remember the morning I woke up much more clearly... I also remember the note he wrote and had shoved into his pocket for me to find, thinking I would be able to read it. I couldn't until I was ten... 

"Fix everything, but not before fixing yourself. I'm rootin' for you from the underground, here saving your seat for whenever you decide to pay  us one more visit. Find closure there." 

The next morning, I trudge through the town of Snowdin wearing the boots I had first arrived in, and I find Sans sitting at the bar with that ratted up jacket over is shoulders and an empty stool reserved next to him. 

I have a seat. 

And there, I find my closure.