Soul two of six; Perseverance (REVISITED)

"He kissed you, and you simply shoved him around a little?" there was a slight hum before he continued, " I thought Chara taught you better than that, child." 

There was little to no unease in her voice as she stared up at the large monster. He was not near as large as the king, but they where remotely close in their grand sizes. 

"So, Doctor Gaster, have you found anything worth mentioning yet?"

 He hums quietly in response, glancing at her with his dimmed pupils. "Nothing more than the notion of your certain death awaiting. Though, from what my lovesick son has told me, you don't mind that outcome, do you, Miss?"

 "Not at all." She stated this halfheartedly as he poked her souls with a scalpel. She winced, growling at him and slapping the tool away. " My reflexes are FINE!" 

"Mhm. And it seems its reflexes are fine as well." He pointed behind her, gesturing to the gold guns aimed at his forehead. 

She sighed. "Oh. This." She waved her hand, the ghosts of the weapons vaporizing like smoke and vanishing. "It's your fault, you know... You hurt them when you did that." 

"Them?" He questioned with the raise of his make-belief brow.

 "Yes, them, I don't genderize them, since they haven't specified their gender," she replies quietly, the two souls pulsing together around her until their clashing hues dissipate. Intrigued, Gaster took his seat in the chair in front of the table Frisk sat on. "I don't wish to misinterpret their being or their age. I don't know how it will affect their feelings towards me- I already stole their soul. I don't think to insult them will help me much when we need to break the barrier." 

"I see." The doctor stared at the two joined souls, intrigued even more than before. "Which soul are you seeking out tonight?" 

"I'm thinking about it. I don't want to wait any longer than I have already, so I'm not choosing Patience. " 

Gaster furrowed his invisible brows with unmasked concern. "Well, should you not take Patience tonight, then when? Take Patience on your final night and you will most likely choose to wait for a while longer. But if you snag it tonight, the sooner you can overcome the trait and move on to the four others, correct?" 

Frisk scooted away from him and off the table, giving him a puzzled look. "You're oddly open to the idea of allowing me to absorb them all... Aren't you?" When Gaster says nothing and stands back up, she continues. "Why aren't you telling anyone? Or trying to stop me?" 

The lanky monster strolled across the room without a care in the world. His coat waved behind him like rippling lake water reflecting a black sky. The cracks embellishing his cranium crept on his head and crackled like desert soil. With the simple turn of his head, Gaster's sockets land on Frisk once again. There was a dash melancholy in his tone. 

"Has my son ever mentioned the visions he has been having?" 

Frisk thought back to all of her and Sans' conversations with a firm grimace. "No." 

"Not one?"

"No, sir. He hasn't. " 

"Ahhh~ So you ARE clueless." he brushed his hand across countertops, his footsteps echoing enough to mute the silence and the comfort it could have brought to the human princess before. It was too late now. "Well then, allow me to enlighten you, my dear." He held up his hand, a violet bubble forming from nothing and expanding to simulate a large blackboard. With the snap of his fingers, a piece of chalk begins writing down notes of their conversation. 

"Frisk. Your DETERMINATION was passed down to you through sheer coincidence. You are not special nor are you born with the immense power in this world. You being the hope of the underground is all bullshit."