Melancholia

The ball room had been decorated with gold buttercups and daisies, red ribbon wrapped in bows around the pillars. Classical music plays from the orchestra, smooth, alluring. Tables scatter the edges of the room; food and drinks, mainly alcohol and other things such as desserts. Monsters in dresses and suits idolized, chatting amongst themselves and enjoying the evening.

Frisk stood beside her brothers in the center of it all, both of them getting wasted and endlessly offering her shots. Of course, she declined continuously, secretly itching to try some of the strange liquor. She questioned her logic in the refusal. She technically was eighteen, right? That's the legal age in Scotland. Legally an adult. With that she could drink the castle out dry if she truly wanted. So why not take a swig?

"Oh come on, little sister~" Asriel laughed, swinging his arm around her shoulders, wine spilling over the edges of his glass on the way, splattering across the yellow and gold checkered floors. "Your old enough, drink with me!" He laughs again.

How he knew she was a mystery to her, but it wasn't important.

He leans on her, effortlessly causing her struggle to on her feet. She growls, swearing at herself for agreeing to join them in their little "raising the roof" thing. She shoves him with all her strength, only pushing him off her. Heavy ass goat boy.

"Asriel. Stop." She dusts off her shoulder, crossing her arms and blowing a stray strand of hair out of her face. She'd had it up to her nose with he and Chara's shenanigans for the night. Tired of it. She was tired of everything, and honestly, she felt like setting herself on fire. At least then she'd get a little space. Human combustion; classic. Especially since she was immune to her own magic.

Someone presses themselves up against Frisk's back, she could feel their entire body slapping against her. A rough hand finds its way to her cheek from behind.

Frisk grits her teeth in utter annoyance. "Get off."

Chara drunk-laughs, backing away from Frisk and dragging his fingers along her chin, drink in the other hand. He steps in front of her, hand caressing her arm.

"Sorry, Sibs. But you know I love freaking you out." He giggles, Frisk scoffing him and slapping his hand away.

"That isn't funny, Chara. You know how I feel about people touching me like that."

He and Asriel then start going back and forth about random nonsense, ignoring what she'd said all together. Annoyed and embarrassed, she walks away into the crowd and hopefully right out of it.

Her heart ached and she felt weak. She hated being in the presence of all those people; The ones who cared for her and who looked up to her. She felt like she was in a void, stuck in one place even though she was practically running to reach an exit. That's when...she hears a piano.

Frisk swiftly swivels around, unfamiliar to it's tune. She had only ever heard it on occasion, and never got the chance to sit back and take in one's melody. It draws her nearer, automatically making her forget her current mood and focus on the notes. Once she is close enough to the instrument, she reels in the shock of seeing non-other than the captain of the royal guard herself.

Undyne, in her black tux and slacks, red hair long and flowing down her back in a simple braid. She wasn't in her normal eyepatch, instead she had applied gauze and medical tape to keep it in place. She had applied red eyeliner and mascara, nothing more from the makeup department. Alphys could be seen in the orchestra, sweating like a stuffed pig from playing the oboe for such an extended amount of time.

The fact that either of them played was shocking enough. She had only ever seen Alphys with a clipboard in her hands, occasionally instant noodles. And Undyne was no different for her; She always had a spear at hand. She never knew the two could play an instrument, thus leading her to even more amazement as she listened to Undyne's fingers tap away at they piano's keys.