Fates route

Sans throws on his jacket, deciding he'd rather not wear his usual work coat to the event. If he was going to emberese himself he at least wanted to be comfortable enough to not care. Papyrus on the other hand took it upon himself to deck up his normal outfit by wearing a santa hat...Which he managed to buy three of....Giving one to Gaster and... of course...Sans. No matter how much he hated it, he just couldn't tell his baby brother no. So, he ore the hat and put on a smile. After a while Gaster tried taking it off.

"If I have to bear it, you do too old man." Sans growled, watching Papyrus hang more holy in the main corridor of the castle using a ladder. Gaster flinches, busted. He grumbles and puts it back on his skull. "You are so hypocritical, son." Sans punches his father's arm " I am not. Your just mad that it doesn't match." Gaster lets out a laugh. "As if yours does." "Pff~ I look amazing." "Mhm, you continue telling yourself that, Sans. Oh, and did I tell you?" Sans glances up " Eh?"

"You have your shirt on backward, inside out too, at that." Gaster smirks, thin sockets even thinner as he peers down at Sans. Sans looks at his T-shirt "Shit!" and teleports out of there for a good minute, teleporting right back and upercuting his father as hard as possible. "OOF!" Gaster spins on one foot and falls to the ground, Sans clapping the dust off of his boney hands and shoving them in his pocket before walking away. "You need'a work on your dodging there, Old Man." Before Gaster can regain his posture, Sans had already went to help his brother move the ladder back to it's supply closet.

Down the hall, the two skeleton brothers bumped into

"Prince Chara! Your majesty, are you taking part in today's event?" Papyrus asks, bowing his head quickly. Chara chuckles and pats his shoulder "Please don't bow to me, Papyrus! We are friends, remember? And yes, I am participating. But only so I can keep an eye on my sister." He veens at Sans with a snarl. "And your mischievous, overly flirtatious brother..."

"C'mon bud, I ain't like that and you know it." Sans winks, earning a laugh of amusement from the prince "Ha! Sure you aren't." Papyrus eyes the two, even he can sense the tension. Making the smartest move anyone could at the given time, he took the ladder from Sans and went off to the closet. Chara sighs.

"Though... I have to admit, Comedian. Your probably the only close friend my sister's ever had..." Sans looks Chara over, expecting to catch him in mid smirk or at least find some form of sarcasm in his deep voice. But he doesn't. Only honesty and a bit of regret... It shocks him.

"So I guess I can't hate you completely." he admits, patting Sans' back and walking away, leaving the skeleton bewildered in place. For a minute there, he swore he saw the Chara he was friends with all those years ago. And that look in his eyes...

"Wait, Kid-?!" Sans begins to call out but stops himself. He still hated the prince. He couldn't trust him.... Not if it meant things turning back to the way they had been back then.... He prayed to the god he didn't believe in that Frisk wouldn't turn in the same way. Not with all the feelings she had given him in these months. He cared for her too much. In whatever way that would be, he didn't want to accept the thought of Frisk being a murderer...Or the hope of the monster world.

~~~~~~~~~

Many years ago, a human child fell into the underground. He had wounded himself from the fall, and cried for help. The prince of monsters, Asriel, came to his aid and brought him to his home in the Ruins, to his parents. Not long after, the King and Queen adopted the child, making he and Asriel inseparable brothers.

Little did anyone know that the human prince had a dark secret... He alone beared the only soul of Determination in all existence at the time... Giving him the power to travel back in time without anyone but him to notice changes made by his actions... Using this gift, he re lived many fond memories family and friends.

Though after a short amount of time, the Prince grew bored of these actions, and strayed from the path he had made for himself. The one of peace and mercy...

He began killing monsters... Friends and even family members... Even his own brother... But. One monster alone was able to change fait.

He pleaded his human friend to go back, to change things back to normal, to find love in his heart once more.

He prayed for the peace.

For the resolve......

For a new fate.

Eventually convincing the mad prince back to sanity, after being killed in nearly every attempt, after his 200th 'RESET', the human became gravely ill, and was nearing death....

The prince himself was devastated. He was filled with overwhelming regret and sorrow, shattering his soul until it had began turning to dust.

But.

His loving brother and best friend, Prince Asriel refused to let him perish. Taking his brother in his arms, he did the impossible. Effortless and painlessly, Asriel parted his soul in two, giving the other half of it to his nearly deceased brother in the hopes of saving him.

He prevailed.

But something in Prince Chara had changed.

Along with the fate of his Determination... were it would take its next victim fifteen years later.

Oh, the destruction it would bring them.

((((Heya my demonic lil rolls and satanic muffins~! 

Sorry for the short chapter. Ik ik....It was pretty bad. I'm so sorry! But I will be posting a Christmas special by the 25 if not 26.  I just thought I would give you guys the reason why Chara and Sans are so distant from one another. Also, yep! They are LITERALLY the same age. Both men are 24. I think...? I don't remember. Please be patient! I am working on the next chapie as we speak, so just bear with me! Much love! 

~Ekoing))))