One last dance

(Frisk perspective)

God damn I'm an idiot.

I haven't been crying for a while now, Sans has just been sitting here too, running his hand through my hair. It calmed me while I was still upset, now it just feels good and I can't help but let him keep doing it. I'd imagine it's about nine thirty at night now, since it's been a good two to three hours since we entered the alley.

"Sans?" I whisper. He turns his head and looks down at me, a tired expression on his face.

"Yea?" He responds with a yawn.

"Can we go dance more?"

He jolts at this, sockets widening a bit, pupils bright in shock. " Why? You said just a bit ago that you wanted to just chill here for a bit." He hugs me and I groan.

"No, your just lazy! Now lemme gooo!" I whine, trying to push myself away. He chuckles, letting me go and giving me his hand. I pull him to his feet and he leans against me. I groan again. "Sans...Please.. You haven't even had anything to drink. You shouldn't need to lean against me."

Sans chuckles before getting off me and taking my hand as he stepped towards the street. Our feet's echoes against the cobblestone had soon been drowned out by the fog of music in the square. I found myself being pulled towards it, best friend taking lead into the crowd and bringing me with him. It was upbeat, violins and other orchestral instruments all playing one chippy tune. Monster all around had begun dancing with their partners, jumping into the air and being caught into a dip. I watched. I remember thinking "oh god"

Their steps all looked so thought out, so precise and planned. I only know how to waltz...

" I uh.. I can't do any of that." I mumbled, earning an eye roll from the towering skeleton.

"Your the one who wanted come out here ya know."

"I-i know that! But I didn't think I have to dance like.. This."

He sighs and takes one of my hands, placing on his shoulder as he continues to hold the other one. I flush, his other hand on my hip.

"Just do the waltz thing, but faster, kay?"

I nod, staring down at my boots. I whisper talk to myself, pacing my movements and counting steps. "One two three, one two three, one two-"

Suddenly I feel the familiar chill of boney fingers grabbing my chin, lifting my head up. Sans stares into my eyes intently, his grin never leaving as he places his hand back on my hip again once he's made sure I'm looking at him. The rhythm of the band that's now playing rings throughout the Underground. The capital seems to be bursting with excitement and joy. I let the sound take over my senses, guiding me through the crowd in a trance, Sans following behind me now.

The eventually music comes to stop and I'm sweating madly from so much moving around, regardless of the bitter cold in this winter night air. I exhaled clouds of breath, witnessing the rest of the crowd dispersing during the band's intermission. The stoned stars on the cavern roofs above shine brightly, setting u all in an array of gold from the festive lights and outer twilight. Oh what I'd give to see the real stars again... Just another reason to free monster kind as soon as possible.

Sans and I decide to call it a night, both exhausted and pretty much too awkward to talk to one another after what had happened a few hours ago. Thus, we split up in search of Paps and Asriel. We knew very well that Paps would be off with Gaster to keep him as sober as possible (though, he has been wasted since the staff first set up the wine booths..) and Asriel would be with Chara to keep him from running around the streets butt naked. I sigh... Finding that Sans spotted Chara before I did.