Exhausted

Frisk sat isolated in the living room, a cup of hot, golden tea in her hands while she made effort in listen to the king and queen's conversation from in the hall. No matter how hard she tried to pay attention, though, all that had been somewhat understood were medical phrases she couldn't seem to decipher.

Too petrified to walk down the hall, she had found a way to disembody herself from it all. She had managed to view the entire living room, spectating herself as though being a cloud while yells rang through the house. She watched herself sit frozen, cup nearly slipping from her fingertips and back slouched forward. She grimaced at her own tired expression; Her eyes shut, bags gathered beneath them and skin almost as pale as a ghosts'. Her cheeks were stained with dry tears, stinking from the touch of them being long gone. Mouth agape slightly, the only sound she'd uttered were that of her slow breathing.

Nothing was left of her at this point, just the hollowed out shell of someone who'd just screamed her lungs out all whilst clinging to a, seemingly, lifeless turtle. Luckily he wasn't dead, just winded according to everyone's current knowledge.

Everything seemed so quiet around Frisk, so vacant. Yet... Those words had been echoing throughout her head... Those quivering, powerful words that had seemed so unimportant at first but now had begun to toggle with her mind.

Everything felt...SO wrong.

She felt as though... Things shouldn't have been this way.

She wasn't supposed to be the princess, and gerson wasn't meant to be sick. Something in her just told her so. Something in her.... Said that there was more amiss as well... But she couldn't put her finger on it... Was there something she was supposed to do..?

She'd felt like this a lot lately. Like she wasn't where she was meant to be, like she should be doing something else.

Frisk jumps back into her right mind, in first person once more to view the presence of Chara standing before her. The young man's eyes glow a bright crimson, cheeks as rosy as ever and hair tied back in a messy ponytail. He too had on his royal attire, minus the cape. A look of earnest and unmistaken interest. A spark that had found it's way into his eyes for a while, it seemed. One Frisk only noticed not long ago and made her finicky. 

"Wow- Stressed, yeah? You look like a train hit ya."

Chara always seemed to know what she was feeling. Sometimes, what she was thinking. Scary as it may seem it brought a gentle comfort to the sorceress, finding enough strength to hold her cup firmly. However, she still had a grudge on him for pressing himself onto her earlier that night. 

On top of it, she'd had enough of being stared at for one a lifetime, and only wanted one set of pupils to observe her. Only one set of eyes that she longed to gaze into, ones that could melt her frozen lungs like a heat sauna- Did they belong to him? No. Wrong color.

 She wished to drink up the scents of old fabric and lab essence, dust and coffee, black with no sugar added. But Chara had this musk of whiskey around him, breath reeking of red wine.

"Speak for yourself." Frisk scoffed.

The prince chuckled kindly while kneeling in front of her and placing a hand on her cheek, pity in his eyes. "How ya holding up, Sibs?"

To this Frisk glares. She'd never looked at him or anyone else this way and it scared him. Her body language was saying it, explaining to Chara that she was exhausted, that she'd been lacking sleep for the past few weeks and even how miserable she'd made herself being there.

But then again anyone could see that, he'd thought to himself, unaware of just how well he'd known his sister. He knew her better than anyone, and he knew her better than she knew herself most of the time. She could be thinking about something and without saying a word he'd be able to recite exactly what her thoughts had been. He didn't need a verbal response.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, Frisk."

He sits down in front of her, criss cross. He takes the tea from her hands and presses his pale lips against the cup, drinking from the side she'd used without asking. Honestly, she wasn't going to drink the rest whether he'd taken a sip or not. She didn't feel the desire to do anything at the moment. 

"I'm cold, Char. And I can't seem to get warm no matter how much I bundle up." 

He understood her. He and everyone else knew. She was lonely and hurt.. 

 The young prince wished terribly to comfort her, to tell her it would be okay. He wanted to wrap his arms around her and make sure she never had to feel the anguish she was enduring now ever again... But he knew that she'd never allow him to do so. Not if she still thought of him as a protective big brother instead of an admirer- Something he hadn't called himself for the sake of  inconvenience.  Not if she knew he was the cause of her sadness. And damn did he feel sorry for what he'd done to her earlier that night. And he felt even worse knowing that he wasn't just drunk when he pressed onto her. 

He didn't like the idea that he'd done it and at the same time he didn't like the fact that he wasn't the only one who wanted to hold her. He knew that someone else had, and he knew she missed them. Like how she'd missed out on the occasional visits to Asgore's office, or just them in general when the protective "brother" would shoo him away to the point were he'd stop coming by all together. As much as he hated it, he knew she missed him. And it went both ways. But..

Chara would never let her know that. 

He smiles solemnly to his darling sister, placing his large rough hand on her petite cheek once more, rubbing his thumb into her cheekbone as he whispered sweetly to her, making her smile back at him slightly. He was going to keep her heart safe. He will

" Every flower collects a bit of frost on their petals, it just takes a bit of sunshine to help it thaw." 

Author's Note

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Forgive me for not updating as I'd promised, I have no excuse. I just didn't do it. But I'm NOT dead! I am still writing, and still breathing. I put this together quickly, so it's pretty choppy.

I know I said I'd update my daily life book/journal, but ya know what? I HAVE BEEN STUDYING FOR MY FINALS!!

High school doesn't just let you chill at the end of every semester, NOPE! Or at least mine doesn't! We have seven finals if we aren't always present, and guess what;

This girl skips.

Yes. I skip class. But I have my reasons.

No, I'm not bullied (not since middle school).

No, no one is harassing me (anymore).

I just--- I g- I HAVE MY REASONS!!

ANNNNNNNYWAAAAAYS........

I have been studying so much and dealing with so many other things at the same time (not bad things) that it just got to be too much. I will update whenever I can.

I hope you all enjoyed this and I will see ya later, bye loves!!

~Eko / Skye