Dobby

Welcome back to the series! If you haven't already read the first book of this series, you can find it on my profile page if you want to read that first! Now on with the story <3 ~Maddie

.......... Reader's Point of View ..........

   I'm starting to get very worried; Harry hasn't been answering any of my letters all summer, and now I'm kind of wondering if anything bad happened to him. I asked Hermione or Ron if they knew what was going and Hermione seemed to be having to same problem. In fact, Ron said that if he didn't answer his next letter, he and some of his older brothers were going to take his dad's flying car and go get him, since Harry happened to mention where he lived. I wanted to come, but Ron lives so far away and I'm sure my parents would be screaming their heads off I just disappeared off to the Burrow for the rest of the summer... But what if I asked them? I'm sure they wouldn't mind if I asked. 

   Running downstairs, I go to the family room (a/n - I'll let you imagine what it looks like, or if you just want it to be where you already live that's fine too) where my mom and dad were watching TV (something my mom introduced to us).

   "Mom? Dad?" I asked and my dad paused the movie they were watching (WITHOUT ME WHYYY).

   "Yes?"

   "Is it alright if I go to my friend's house for the rest of the summer? I'll bring some money so I can pay for my school supplies."

   "Sure! Only if they say yes, too, though." my mom said and I ran upstairs and got a pencil from my mom's desk and a piece of parchment and started to write a letter to Ron. 

.......... Harry's Point of View ..........

   Great! This is all just great! Does any of my friends remember me from Hogwarts? I surely hope so because they haven't sent any recognition of Hogwarts NOT being only a dream. And now, Uncle Vernon is inviting these people over and I have to pretend I don't exist. That's nice, isn't it? I hope I get a letter from (y/n), Hermione, or Ron because I swear if I don't see their handwriting or something I'm going to go insane! And I can't even do any magic because they seem to be afraid of that... Which I'm not necessarily complaining about but you know... 

   I could hear the doorbell ringing downstairs, signaling that the visitors were here and I would have to keep silent if I want dinner or anything... Here goes a longggg few hours of my life...

   As I was lying on my bed, reading one of the magical textbooks I had (and of course it's Defense Against the Dark Arts, I mean come on...), I hear something fall over in my room. What the heck? 

   I quickly got up and dropped my book onto my bed. My jaw slowly dropped with I saw a... goblin? I don't even know what it is... Anyways, it was in mid action of throwing away one of my textbooks.

   "Hey! Give that back!" I whisper-shouted. 

   "Harry Potter mustn't go back. Dobby knows that strange things are happening at Hogwarts." the goblin thing said.

   "What strange things?"

   It looked conflicted before he dropped the book on the floor and ran over to my lamp and started hitting itself in the head as hard as it could.

   "Stop! You'll hurt yourself!!" I said a little louder, but not loud enough for everyone downstairs to hear... yet... I take the lamp and set it back down.

   "But Dobby mustn't go unpunished! Dobby has said too much already!" 'Dobby' whimpered.

   "All you have to do is tell me what is happening at Hogwarts, Dobby. Sit down if you like."

   "Harry Potter... is asking Dobby to sit down...?" it questioned, eye brimming with tears.

   "I mean if that's not normal for your species then I'm sorry-"

   "No, no! It's just, nobody has ever invited Dobby to sit down... Harry Potter is as good as everyone says he is... But Dobby is only here to tell you that you mustn't go back to Hogwarts this year."

   The last few words stunned me, as if he hadn't said them already before. Not go back? I wouldn't bare not to be able to see any of the others again!

   "I can't, I'm sorry, Dobby." I said firmly, but Dobby persisted.

   "You can't! Harry Potter mustn't go back! Dobby heard his master saying something bad happening at Hogwa- AH!" Dobby started banging his head on one of my drawers, and I could practically hear the silence downstairs. Suddenly, I heard heavy footsteps pounding up the stairs. I shoved Dobby into my closet and leaned on it casually right at the last second. I could hear Dobby pushing on the door, but I tried to remain cool as Uncle Vernon scolded me.

   "Yup, uh-huh, got that. Now you have guests that need to be entertained." I said and Uncle Vernon scowled at me one last time before he walked out of the room and closed the door softly to not attract too much attention. 

   I opened the closet door and Dobby ran out and ran out of my room. 

   "What? Dobby! Come back here!" I whispered and ran after him. He skidded to a halt right in front of the doorway to the next room that contained my Uncle, Aunt, Dudley, and the visitors that came here. "Dobby! You are going to ruin my life by stepping into that ro- No, not the cake!"

   "Dobby is sorry, Harry Potter, but Dobby will only stop once Harry Potter has said he won't go back to Hogwarts." he squeaked out and he looked back at my with the tennis-ball sized eyes. 

   "No, I can't do th-"

   Dobby had snapped his fingers and the cake my Aunt Petunia had made rose into the air and slowly floated to the female visitor we had. I followed it my hands ready to catch it, but it still smacked her right in the face. I could hear Dobby snap his fingers and I looked back only to see nothing at the doorway.

   "I'm really sorry..." my Uncle started 'apologetically', "He's really weird when it comes to other people, that's why we tried to keep him locked up stairs."

   Oh god... I'm in serious trouble now. 

(A/N) - This is probably the longest chapter I have made in a longgg time. Anyways, watch out for the next chapter this week! ~Maddie