Sad Sammy and Existential Evelyn( part2 of the library drama)

By the time Sammy found a suitable corner to hide in he had given up on the "Kay-rot-tay" book, as it was incredibly large, and not at all practical to lug around. Besides, it wasn't very useful to him as he could not do half the things that the book wanted him to. (you try martial arts while wearing prosthetic legs. Again, very hard)

So he was now only slightly limping, but he was still limping enough that he kept falling over. On one of these falls he crashed into a bookshelf that wasn't actually a bookshelf, but a secret door to an even more secret reading room.

(WARNING!!! Don't go around libraries running into bookshelves. People will think you're crazy and will probably call security. Plus, the chances of actually finding a secret reading room are actually very low.)

He tripped and tumbled into the room, and fell at the feet of a chair. In the chair was a pretty young girl with auburn curls and cute round features. She slowly lifted her eyes from her book. ("Why what you do doesn't matter." By Hope L. Ess) And glared accusingly at him.

Normally Sammy would brush a mere physical injury like this off and continue to fail at life, but those eyes captivated him. They were a lovely green, like muddy pond water, algae, or overcooked Brussels sprouts. And they looked dead inside, like how a fresh corps's eyes might look.

Little girl: "What are you doing"

Sammy: " I.... tripped"

Little girl: "Why is your leg by the door?"

Sammy: " It... fell off?"

Little girl: "Who are you?"

Sammy: " My name is Sammy. What's yours?"

Little girl: " Evelyn. Why are you still on the floor?"

Sammy: "Uuuuuuum..."

Evelyn: "You're weird... I don't like you"

Sammy: " Sorry?"

Evelyn got up and left. Locking the door behind her. Which was a problem because it left Sammy all alone in a dark room, and it took him quite a few hours to get out. But he came back again any way, and eventually won Evelyn over. (Though it took a lot of Ice-cream and tacos.)

The moral for people like Evelyn: Hide in secret dark rooms in libraries if you wish to win food and love.

The moral for people like Sammy: If there is someone you wish to impress, fall at their feet and give them food.

The end.

(For now)