Part 5, the past, what really happened that night?

*this whole part is continuing your flashback from the previous part*

Your Past POV
You slapped his hand off of your waist until he grasped your hands with a tight, uncomfortable grip and said, "Hm you should have thought before you did that honey." Before you had time to scream at him, he suffocated your mouth with a damp cloth and your eyes faded to black.
You woke up in a dark room. You didn't know where you were or what you were doing but you were going to everything you could to get out of there. You stood up cautiously from the ground you were uncomfortably lying on but still were lost in the abyss of darkness of the room. Footsteps edges closer to the door so you decided to lay back down and act as if you had just woken up. A man, tall and lean with hair messy then your current train of thought walked in and kindly said, "Hey. I know this seems scary now, but this is to help you. This will make you and your life better, I guarantee." Without uttering a word you followed him to the room across the hall he beckoned you to. He gestured to you to sit down and because you were so tired and confused and had thought your family was gone, you decided to follow the orders blatantly. I mean, why not? What's to lose anymore? He inserted a needle in your left arm and you stuttered, "Wait, what's..." before you drifted to sleep.
Your eyes were closed and you were asleep. Or so you believed. You still felt the pain. You still let out tears. You still didn't fight back. But after you heard murmurs of congratulations, you decided to slowly open your eyes to see 3 more men in the room smiling at you. They looked sincere so you didn't feel unsafe. Just confused. "Congrats! You did amazing! I'm sure you're dying to find out what just happened so follow me." He lates his hand out in front of you to escort you off of the chair you were sat on to a presentation room. The room was 50, maybe 100 chairs, you didn't know but he lead you to the front row were you sat as they all followed and sat in the furthest row back. He pressed play on the monitor as you watched the clip before you.
"A better future. A better life. A better you. We're trying to better the life of orphans by not only supporting them, but helping them grow to the highest potential. As you must know, all children are unique and should be proud and able to express this so with each individual dose of AZC-33, the 'special skills and powers' if you will, will be tailored for you and only you! We hope our service will repair the city but most importantly help the children. Thank you for listening."
Silence floated across the entire room until the 3 scientists all stood up and applauded. You still stayed silent. "So. Want to find out what powers you have?" You nodded genuinely intrigued and you walked towards a gigantic empty room. A target was pinned across one side on one wall but other than that, the brown bricked walls were all that surrounded you. The scientist was about to leave the room but as he placed his hand on the sore handle, he looked back and said, "Hit the target. That's all!" "But there's nothing..." "You're here. And so are your powers. Be you." And with the, he swiftly excited and the room excitedly.
"Okay so how bad can this be?"

Authors note//the next chapter or few will be in the past but I will specify so don't worry. I hope you enjoy the story. Even though many people aren't reading, the few who are, mean a lot so thank you.