Chapter 7 : Death and Taxes

It was early morning after the rain last night, goddess Sarah had a meeting with the two accountants about the taxes they need to pay for staying in the Kingdom of Colors. Tim And Han had arrived bright and early at the inn to meet up with goddess Sarah and her group. They wanted to explain their country's taxation system. When they met after breakfast at a private room in the restaurant below the inn, the discussion began. All members of the parties were there including goddess Sarah, Juno the maid, Andre the love sick body guard, Sissy Potter the heroine from the Otome Game, "The Flowers of Love", Jack Von Hill, Sarah's cousin brother, Brian, the Marquis of Rhine's son, Prince Jules, Prince John, Vance Von Gou the Prime Minister's son and finally Prince Caspian.

"How should we begin.", Tim said solemnly.

"What about we first inform them how the taxes work in this country, the Kingdom of Colors.", Han said cheerfully.

"That's a good idea. That will let them know how the Hero and his succubus Samantha is destroying the Kingdom of Colors.", Prince Caspian said with a smile.

"Very well, in this country before the Hero Hiro took over we had a simple basic tax system whereby all goods traded within the territories were taxed and the nobles had to pay their land tax. But since the Hero Hiro took over his succubus Samantha changed the tax laws of this country to the tax laws of Earth. It is truly troublesome this tax law of Earth.", Tim the Accountant said sadly.

"Firstly the tax law in this country now state that if you do not submit your taxes now, you have broken the law, whether you are a baby or a child, your taxes must be submitted by your parents or the institution like the orphanage. Everyone had to pay taxes including babies and children. This is a new tax law that was copied from all the countries of Earth. And they make it so difficult to fill out the tax form and to submit it that you have to be an evil genius to do that. There are some people that have killed themselves after seeing the tax form of this country. Even the bravest of adventurers that have killed dragons run away screaming after looking at the tax form of this country.", Tim added.

"Even when a person dies he cannot escape from taxes from this country, we copied the inheritance tax or death tax laws from a country called United States of America. Even when you die you are dug up from your buried grave to pay your taxes. Literally dug up to see if you have any valueables on you to pay your taxes, if not your property and assets are seized by the government to pay this inheritance tax.", Han said solemnly.

"That's the reason why this country has First Class and Scum Class, the people need to generate money to pay for crazy taxes.", Prince Caspian said sadly.

"That's how the succubus called Samantha who is in charge of the country on behalf of the Hero Hiro intends to destroy the human race in the Continent of Colors. Once the humans are destroyed here the Demons will spread out throughout the World to attack the other countries.", Prince Caspian added.

"This is causing the citizens of the Kingdom of Colors to run away to other countries and causing unnecessary deaths through crazy taxes. A lot of foreigners do not stay long in the Kingdom of Colors. In fact most leave after a few days never to return. There is a steady migration of humans away from the Kingdom of Colors weakening it every single day. Less humans means less fighters against the demons when they attack.", Prince Caspian added.

"First we have to submit the taxes of the two groups we have here. Nine people in total. It will cost a lot of money but we have to pay it. After all we have air tax or carbon tax as we call it in the United States Of America, a country on Earth. It was modeled after that country on Earth. All the air you breathe is taxed to pay for the pollution you cause to the air when you fart, breathe or burn wood. It is exactly the same as the tax called carbon tax used by the United States Of America. Next we have a water tax based on a country called Malaysia, every time you use the water whether you bathe or even flush the toilet you have to pay a water tax to the tax office. This tax from the country called Malaysia is regulated by Indah Water a company in Malaysia owned by the government. By law these are the two taxes we have to calculate for you nine individuals to be submitted to the tax office in the Kingdom of Colors. If we get the tax wrong both Han and I will end up in jail for submitting the wrong taxes. Hence we have to be careful. These are the two taxes we have to submit and pay first. And the if we can't furnish proof that you need to pay these taxes they won't accept our submission to pay these taxes.", Tim said with a sad look on his face.

All the faces of the twelve people there including goddess Sarah had the look of shock on them except for Prince Caspian and the two accountants Tim and Han.

As they talked some more they heard more shocking stories how each and every item used in the Kingdom of Colors is charged with a tax called the "Value Added Tax", modeled after most countries of Earth which had these taxes. Value Added Tax is a tax collected on products and services at every stage of their production. An example would be a hunter sells his leather he pays a five percent tax. Next the shoemaker finishes the shoe he pays a five percent tax to sell it to the store. And finally the store charges the customer that buys the shoe a five percent tax. Five percent plus five percent plus five percent tax, that is a lot of taxes. Goddess Sarah and the group talked why the countries of Earth are not bathed in blood with all these stupid taxes. Prince Caspian pointed out it is the same here as brute force triumphs over sensible ideas and understanding. Whoever holds the sword wins.

After the long discussion ended, both Tim and Han left with bags of gold provided by the goddess Sarah to pay for their taxes and to bribe the tax officer to accept the taxes. Goddess Sarah had the power to magically create gold coins out of thin air so paying for the taxes was not a problem. However the discussion had left them so drained and shocked they decided to stay another night at the inn to rest and recuperate.

(Note : sorry for the short chapter, next chapter coinage and the Gang will be longer)