✗Chapter 6: Mellow Make Up✗

You spent the next few hours in bed, recovering from your shock and returning to your soft-spoken, sweet self once more. However when you woke up from your rest, you didn't spot Michael. Had your mother sent him home already? What had happened here? Your mother entered your room and you sat up, pushing a lukewarm flannel off of your forehead. Huh, she must've put that on whilst you were sleeping.

"How are you feeling?" She inquired gently, sitting on the edge of your bed as she stroked your hair.

"Drained." You admitted.

"Panic attacks will always leave you exhausted. Here, I brought you a drink - you could use the pick-me-up." Your mother passed you a bottle of soda and you took it; thankful.

"Thanks. Say, where's Michael? Did he decide to go home? He must think I'm such a weirdo." You sighed in disappointment, holding the drink with two hands.

"You're not a weirdo, sweetie. Besides, I sent him home." Her tone turned firm and you tilted your head - confused.

"What? Why? We were going to finish watching the movie! And he's the first real friend I've had since we moved here." You retorted wildly.

"We moved here yesterday morning (Y/n), that's not enough time to be friends with someone. You certainly don't want to be friends with someone like that." Your mother sternly replied, her face wrinkled up.

"Like what? He didn't even do anything." You protested as you grew defensive. It's not like he purposely gave you a panic attack - he dropped those photos accidentally. Maybe he had a good reason for having a picture of a rat carcass...

"He did something to trigger your anxiety, I know he did. And watching an age-15 film without my consent, you know better than that." She held up the DVD accusingly, making your cheeks go red whilst you felt embarrassed.

"I-It wasn't that bad. It was fun to watch it with him." You shyly told her. She put the DVD down, sending you a serious look as she tried a different approach.

"Fun or not, you didn't have my permission. You know I'm only looking out for you." Her voice softened towards the end and you held back a sour response, too tired to be angry.

"Right." You agreed in defeat, placing your soda on the bedside table before flopping back down onto the pillows.

"I love you darling, please remember that only I have your best interests at heart." Your mother pleaded adoringly, giving you a warm hug.

"Uh huh." You listlessly said.

"Now you should drink that soda and keep your blood sugar levels up, you need energy after your accidental episode. Call if you need anything." Your mother ruffled your hair and then left.

You picked up the DVD after she left, letting out a sad sigh as you hugged it close. It was really fun meeting Michael, watching the movie with him and even hanging out with him in school...-not to mention the new freedom you'd gained. You couldn't give that up! You'd just have to be more secretive about what you did, which was fine. After sipping your soda, you placed the DVD box onto the bedside table and spent the night resting; itching to go back to school tomorrow. You had to see Michael. He was your friend.

Tuesday rolled around and you hurried into class - his DVD version of IT tucked safely into your schoolbag as you slid into your seat. Ten minutes passed whilst you waited for Michael to appear, growing nervous when he didn't show. Where was he? Was he not showing because of you? Relief flooded through your veins when he finally showed - slinking in through the door just as the bell rang. You sent him a smile but to your surprise he didn't even acknowledge you, looking too wrapped up in his thoughts.