✗Chapter 31: Intense Interrogation✗

The two of you hugged for a while on the doorstep; not saying a word whilst you simply embraced each other. No words were needed at the moment. You and Gabby were just happy that the other was alive. After a few minutes, you broke away, your head beginning to pound due to daylight and the sudden rush of emotions.

"What happened to you? You look kind of woozy...Did Michael Myers do something to you?!" She fretted in a panic, holding your shoulders and worrying over you like some kind of parent.

"Michael Myers? No...No! He didn't-I mean-It wasn't him. Gah, it's hard to explain. Come in, come in." You pulled her inside and shut the door, wondering how to explain. Should you tell her the lie that you fed the police officer yesterday? That was probably the best idea.

"It was Dr. Loomis. It was him the whole time. See, I only got back here yesterday - and once I talked to a police officer, I went out to drink. But the thing is, I got a little overexcited with it-"

"You're hungover, aren't you?" Her dry response made you embarrassed; your head hanging towards the floor.

"Yeah..." You mumbled awkwardly.

"It's okay, I know what to do. You need to take some aspirin." Gabby took your hand and guided you to the bathroom, searching the cabinet for some aspirin tablets.

"Wait...Hold up. It wasn't Michael Myers that was after you?" She spun back around as she held a small bottle in her hand - her expression one of surprise.

"Nope. After you went to find Lindsey, Dr. Loomis grabbed Laurie - abducting us both. He took us into the basement of the Myers' house and explained that he was the one that let Michael out. Michael isn't in Haddonfield - Dr. Loomis just made that up. His plan was to kill both of us for his new book and then use Michael as a scapegoat." You lied rapidly, taking the tablets with a bit of water and swallowing them down.

"Wow...That's just...wow. To think he'd do something like that just for some more fame. That's so wrong, on so many levels." Gabby wrinkled her nose up in disdain, folding her arms.

"I know. Loomis was completely insane. He even made me watch Laurie die - it was horrible." You shivered as you kept the false story going - feeling a surge of guilt.

"I'm so sorry, it sounds absolutely terrible. I wish you didn't have to go through that, (Y/n)." Gabby gave you another hug, but this one was softer than the first; wanting nothing more than to comfort you.

"And now...now the police are coming to question me today. I'm so scared, I just want to go and hide." You dissolved into soft sobs whilst you tried to stay strong - Gabby's face shimmering with sympathy.

"Hey, it'll be alright. Please don't cry, (Y/n), all they want to do is get their facts correct. Soon this ordeal will be all over." Gabby comforted, clasping your hands with hers and giving them a sweet squeeze.

"T-Thanks Gabby. I think I really did drink too much last night, because I threw up this morning." You whispered unhappily.

"Those tablets will work in a few minutes, then you won't feel nauseous anymore. And about the questioning...well I'll be right by your side, so you don't need to worry, 'kay?" She promised, ripping some toilet paper off of the roll and drying your eyes with it.

"I'm glad you're alive." You told her tearfully, making a smile spread across her face.

"I'm glad you're alive too." Gabby replied lightheartedly. A sharp knock at the door made you tense up - knowing that this time, the police were at the door. Your best friend entwined her fingers with yours and pulled you towards the hallway, her support giving you courage.