✗Chapter 25: Held Hostage✗

Your head snapped up as Laurie got pulled away from the phone; the phone dangling by the wire whilst the operator called for her attention. Shit, of course Michael got here first. That would make sense as to why Laurie's friend Annie was alive in the first place. She was bait. This whole time the three of you thought you and Laurie were luring Michael out, when in fact it was reversed.

He was one step ahead - he had always been one step ahead. You ran into the kitchen, seeing Michael standing in front. He had his back turned to you - facing Laurie as she got thrown by him. She knocked pans and other kitchen items off the counter while she regained her balance, stumbling a little. Then she ran through the living room, tugging at the double door handles that led to outside. Unfortunately, they wouldn't open.

"Leave her alone!" You called anxiously, icy fear washing over your body as he tilted his head at you. He definitely recognised you - and your voice - which only added to the creepy atmosphere. Maybe he would listen to you? Or at least spare Laurie?

Laurie - panic-stricken - grabbed a chair and smashed one of the glass doors open - sprinting outside and catching Michael's attention once more. You tried to run after Laurie but the stalker's hand curled around your neck; a pained gasp slipping through your lips as he slammed you against the wall. You stared at him with wide eyes, wondering if your old friend would actually hurt you.

What you didn't expect was for him to relax his grip, the killer 'supposedly' having mercy for you. Why would he-? Your silent question got cut short as he got you in a chokehold and forced you unconscious, the world around you fading to nothing but darkness. You couldn't protect Laurie, you couldn't protect Gabby and you couldn't protect your mother. You were left completely defenceless...and there was nothing you could do.

When you finally came to, you were half-sitting and half-lying on the dirty ground; everything blurred and too dark to see. Your vision cleared a few minutes later, seeing Laurie next to you. She seemed to still be unconscious - her body completely lifeless. Oh no...was she-?! A breath of relief came from your mouth as she twitched, her eyes slowly fluttering open. She was alive...You were alive...At least you two weren't dead.

"Lynda? Lynda...?" She called in a tiny voice; not even seeing you as she looked straight ahead. Following her gaze, you saw a naked teenage girl lying in front of a tombstone - her brownish-blonde hair striking you as very familiar. Lynda Van Der Klok. The one who got pissed at you for ruining her outfit and spilling her drink.

"Lynda, wake up! Lynda, wake up, please!" She began crying again, crawling over to the dead girl and shaking her.

"L-Laurie..." Your throat was still sore from when Michael held it, the dryness making you unable to talk properly.

"Lynda, wake up! Lynda, please wake up!" Laurie kept begging, cradling her friend's face just as she had Annie's.

"Lynda, please! Please, please, please wake up!" She whispered brokenly.

"He's going to come soon. Lynda, wake up, please!" Laurie gave it one last shot before resorting to fully-fledged sobbing.

"L-Laurie-!" You coughed as the dryness cleared - allowing you to finally speak.

"(Y-Y/n)?" She stuttered miserably, resting her head on her friend's chest whilst she grieved. However her head snapped up when the two of you heard footsteps - meaning that Michael was here.

"Who are you?" Laurie held her friend in her arms as she faced the masked male, tears running down her face.

"It's your brother Laurie. It's...It's Michael." You tiredly spoke, heaving yourself into a more comfortable position.

"What do you want?" She questioned him shakily, her eyes full of dread. Then her eyes landed on the knife he was carrying.

"No, no, please. Please don't hurt us, please! No, please don't hurt me, please!" Laurie began to cry again, quivering with undiluted fright.

"Put the knife down. You're scaring her." You quietly spoke to Michael - your fuzzy head making you appear calm and collected.

To your surprise he listened to you, the steely kitchen knife clattering to the ground as he complied. Then he fell to his knees next to Laurie, looking at her with intensity. She just gazed back with a mixture of confusion and fear - not understanding his motives. Then he pulled out an old photograph, showing it to Laurie.

"I don't understand. Please, just let...Please leave me alone! I don't know them! Please!" Laurie suddenly grew agitated, squeezing her eyes shut whilst she sobbed once more.

"W-What are you showing her? Maybe I can help you." You faintly wondered, trying to shift the pressure off of Laurie.

She was clearly very distressed - she couldn't deal with anything Michael would do. Yet the blonde did take the photo from the killer, inspecting it closer with shaking hands. Then he took his mask off, showing the face of a very grown up Michael. You recognised him from when you two were kids, your eyes filled with curious surprise whilst you staggered to your feet.

"I want to help you. I just don't understand." Laurie spoke in a trembly voice, timidly moving towards her murderous brother. That was highly courageous of her...perhaps you should've given her more credit.

"I want to help you. I just don't know how." She repeated herself a bit - clutching the ground as support and trying to calm herself.

"I want to help you. I don't..." Laurie changed tone as she snatched up the knife and stabbed him in the shoulder, "-You motherfucker!"

"Laurie no!" You yelped; fearing for her safety when Michael fell to the floor.

You could already determine the amount of rage and betrayal the killer would feel after his sister's stunt. Laurie bolted towards the door, pounding on it with clenched fists as she howled for someone to help her. You tried to go and calm her down, but the back of her hand hit your face - causing you to stumble backwards and hold your cheek.

"Laurie stop...you're going to get both of us killed...!" You worriedly murmured, the side of your face stinging. Lights flashed across your vision - the pain making you feel slightly nauseous and unbalanced.

"Shit. Let me out! Fuck! Let me out!" She screamed frantically, snapping the planks on the door and breaking her way through. In front of her was a metal gate - locked and bolted as it taunted her with escape.

"Please! Somebody, please!" Laurie had gone completely insane with fear, going back to her pleading. Michael started to stir, yanking the knife out of his shoulder and getting to his feet.

"She's just scared! Don't hurt your sister, she doesn't know any better!" You tried to snap him out of his rage but Michael only pushed you aside; filled with a furious bloodlust.

He slipped the mask back over his head, picked up the sharp knife and made his way over to where Laurie was banging and making noise - the situation very intense. She panicked and tried to punch him, but he held her wrist - intercepting her attack. Then he grabbed her head and slammed it against the wall once: to stun her. Once she was dazed and in pain, he plunged his knife into her stomach - the blonde letting out an anguished howl of pain.

"Laurie! No! Don't hurt her! Don't-" By the time you'd crawled through the broken door it was too late, Laurie's dead body being tossed to the ground. You were the Sole Survivor. And in front of you stood a pissed-off psychopath.

"Why...Why did you kill her?! She didn't understand, she didn't recognise the photograph! She wasn't trying to betray you - Laurie was afraid of you!" You surprised yourself by shouting at him; tears leaking from your lashes as you looked down at Laurie's corpse.

Michael only tilted his head, not understanding the name 'Laurie' or why you were so upset. She'd stabbed him - Angel was no sister of his. Not anymore. Besides, he'd found his soulmate again. Why bother dealing with his selfish sibling when he could focus on you? He could make up for all the time spent apart from you...starting now. The stalker took a step closer to you, his movement making you take a step back. But that also meant that your back had hit a wall. God. Dammit. How were you meant to fix this mess of a situation? Would Michael even listen to you? Or were you completely doomed?