✗Chapter 13: Moving Away✗

Days passed as you stayed off school; too tired and drained to even attempt going to class. What did it matter though? You wouldn't even be able to sit down without thinking of Michael. It was almost heartbreaking to remember the fun hanging out you two had done, the happy memories of Michael all twisting into the creepy version you'd seen on Halloween.

Your mother wanted to move somewhere else, Dr. Loomis wanted you to visit Michael - so he could see the friendship between the two of you, and you just wanted to be left alone. Days passed and eventually your mother got her way; you were moving. You'd only gotten to stay in Haddonfield for about a week, which made you glum. Who knows where you were going now...

On the morning you were supposed to leave, you decided to look out of your window one last time - so instead of waiting by the car you headed back inside. Your mother had promised to speak to Dr. Loomis at least once before you two left, although she was pretty sour about accepting the visit. Before you headed upstairs, you heard them talking in the living room; both of them sounding pretty calm. It wouldn't hurt to hear what they were talking about...would it?

"I still refuse to let you speak to (Y/n). This whole experience has sent her into some sort of...some sort of depression! She doesn't even smile anymore." Your mother sounded sad, a sigh slipping through her lips as she spoke.

"I can sign her up for a professional therapist if you'd like. Someone who can help her move past all this." Dr. Loomis shifted position and clasped his hands on his knee, his expression serious.

"That's quite alright. We're moving to Florida anyway, so she can forget about what happened. I can even homeschool her if she doesn't wish to go to school anymore." Your mother replied vaguely, crossing her arms.

"But didn't you move here to get a new start? You can't keep moving every time something happens, Miss (L/n)." He flashed her a rueful smile and she huffed.

"I can do whatever I want. (Y/n) is my priority one, I only want what's best for her." Your mother grew defensive, her voice raising ever-so-slightly.

"Your daughter is growing depressed due to her friendship with Michael. She doesn't know whether she likes or dislikes him, whether he's crazy or sane, she doesn't even know if she can get any solace from this. What she needs..." Dr. Loomis paused to shift position; looking at your mother with stern eyes.

"-Is protection and reassurance." Your mother promptly answered.

"-Is closure. (Y/n) can't move on if she knows Michael is trapped. She feels a certain guilt - a certain fear of...abandoning their friendship." He explained in a troubled tone, using the therapist approach to gain information.

"Tell me, has (Y/n) had many friends in her life?" Dr. Loomis asked your mother quietly.

"She had a few before her father's...passing, but after that she didn't really have any." Your mother sat down opposite him and leaned on her hand; clearly worried.

"Ah, I see...So she's been quite isolated. Unfortunately Michael didn't have many friends either - so to have found (Y/n) and become friends with her...it must've been a dream come true for him." Dr. Loomis mused thoughtfully, his realisation alerting your mother.

"I thought we were talking about my daughter. Clearly you're just trying to get information about that unstable boy." She spoke in an offended tone as she glared daggers at him.

"Please Miss (L/n), I'm just trying to gauge the relationship your daughter and Michael had - to...to see the connection between them. Because after speaking to Michael, it seems that he grew very attached to (Y/n)." Dr. Loomis said, his pale eyes staring into hers solemnly.

"Attached? How do you mean?" Your mother frowned in confusion.

"I mean...every conversation we have turns to (Y/n), with an exception of the 'when can I go home?' question. He wants to know how she's doing, when he can see her - when she can visit him - and so on. I've never seen a young boy so obsessed with another human being." He spoke the truth and brushed his silver locks away from his face, stifling a sigh.

"Isn't that a good reason to keep him away from her? If he's obsessed with her, he surely won't let her go. Isn't that dangerous, Doctor?" Your mother questioned, standing up as she grew concerned.

"It's a double-edged sword, Miss (L/n). On one hand, (Y/n) seeing Michael might help us to understand him. But on the other hand, he might try and kill her." Dr. Loomis admitted unhappily.

"I don't want my daughter to be in harm's way. She's been through enough already. Please understand, Dr. Loomis." Your mother finished up the conversation and moved towards the door, wanting to check if you were alright.

You hurried back to the car; not wanting her to know you were eavesdropping. Dr. Loomis said a polite goodbye to both of you before leaving, driving away in his black car. Your mother got in the driver's seat and you got in the back, hugging your favourite teddy bear as you shut your eyes. Sleep came easily to you - considering you hadn't slept well last night - so you drifted off; the car's engine chugging soothingly in the background.

The journey was long and tedious, but you and your mother stopped at a hotel before sundown - managing to get a room to stay the night. You didn't really sleep well per say, however you were still able to get a few hours rest. The next day was spent in the car, the drive to Florida being a drag. Eventually though - in the late, late evening - you arrived where you were staying; your aunt's house.

"How's my favourite niece?" Your Aunty Claire smiled as you sleepily stumbled out of the car, still clutching your teddy bear.

"I'm your only niece, silly." You grinned and gave her a hug - feeling happy to see her.

"Claire, thank you so much for letting us stay." Your mother shut her door before going up to her sister and also embracing her.

"You're family, of course you can stay. It's a no-brainer! But you haven't exactly told me what's going on...is something wrong?" Your aunt quizzed curiously.

"I'll...I'll tell you once we're inside..In uh, private." Your mother quickly decided - flashing you a soft smile.

"Sure. Let me help you with your things." Your aunt offered kindly, going closer to the car.

Aunty Claire helped you and your mother carry things into the house; the translucent moon shining through the windows as the night bore on. The guest room was yours, your mother was sharing with Claire and all your things were piled up in the living room, the clutter making it hard to move around downstairs. After you went to sleep, your mother and aunt began to discuss what had taken place in Haddonfield - your mother explaining everything to her.

"Did that really happen?" Claire's mouth fell open after she heard the dramatic story, her hands grasping a cup of coffee whilst she listened.

"Yeah. This psychotic little boy grew obsessed over my daughter, and then tried to kill me! Can you believe it? I almost died!" Your mother exclaimed wildly.

"Are you alright? Is your neck? What happened after the police dragged him off of you?" Claire inquired interestedly; taking a quick sip of her drink before focusing on your mother again.

"I had to have my neck examined and a policewoman took (Y/n) home. Could you imagine what would've happened if Miss Myers hadn't returned home? He might've hurt (Y/n) if no one turned up." Your mother shuddered as she tapped her nails on the table - her anxiety showing.

"Do you think that's the end of it? I mean, he's in a sanitarium and (Y/n)'s over here in Florida. There's no way he can even talk to her again - she's safe." Claire finished her drink and set the cup down, muffling a tired yawn.

"Yes. She's definitely safe. And as she grows up, (Y/n) won't remember these terrible memories. She'll finally have a peaceful life." Your mother smiled; pleased.

The two adults washed the dishes and then descended upstairs, both of them exhausted. Was it really over? No...Not at all. At least not in Michael's mind.