✗Chapter 11: Psychotic Break✗

An hour or two passed, the crowd slowly dispersing until only a few passers-by were left. Halloween was far from over - the only thing finished being the street party. Perhaps now was a good time to search for Michael. He had to be out by now! You hurried back to the main part of the street, a smile spreading across your face as you saw him sitting on the doorstep. Just like how you met him.

"Hey Michael! I managed to sneak out - are you proud of me? Are you, are you, are you?!" You asked in a bubbly tone, definitely excited to see him.

He looked up at you and that's when your smile faltered. There was something wrong with Michael. Not in a cruel way, but something was definitely off. A clown mask was covering his face - but blood was splattered across the plastic, making you uneasy. Maybe it was fake blood...like-like ketchup or hot sauce! The strangest thing you'd noticed was that Michael was holding a baby in his arms, the small infant swaddled in a snuggly blanket.

"Michael...?" You tentatively called his name, now feeling shy.

"(Y/n). You look pretty." Michael spoke offhandedly; his eyes locking onto yours with intensity.

"T-Thanks. Is this your baby sister you were telling me about? Her name was Boo, right?" You sat down next to him and tried to ease your anxiety.

"Yeah. Her name's Angel, but I call her Boo." He looked down at her lovingly as he held her close, his clown mask making the whole thing seem a bit freaky.

"Hi Boo." You softened your voice and addressed the baby, who gurgled back at you cutely.

"So how come you're sitting outside with Boo? Won't your mom be annoyed that you brought her into the cold?" You asked hesitatingly.

"My mom's not here. She's working." He responded with a shrug, a bitter edge to his tone.

"Then who's looking after the baby? Your sister? No wait, it'll be your mom's boyfriend, right?" You were bewildered as you shivered a bit, the cold wind hitting your body like a sharp whip.

"I'm looking after Boo. Judith and that piece of shit aren't looking after anyone anymore." Michael sounded smug, which confused you.

"What do you mean? Where are they?" You asked anxiously - on edge due to his odd behaviour. He only smirked, the dark glint in his eye adding to the unsettling atmosphere and sending a chill down your spine.

"You're not acting like yourself, are you okay?" You nervously questioned, going to move away from the blonde-haired boy. Before you could distance yourself from Michael, his hand curled around your wrist and yanked you in place, his sudden strength causing your eyes to widen.

"M-Michael-"

"Don't move away from me." He seemed hurt by your decision to distance yourself, his grip weirdly tight.

"What's happened to you?" You bit your lip, your heart hammering as tears sprung to your eyes.

"I love you." Michael confessed out of nowhere, startling you.

"W-What-?" You stuttered.

"I said I love you. You're the only person I care about, the only person who cares about me, and the only person I can see without wanting to hurt them." His blue eyes gazed into yours - fixated on you and you alone.