✗Chapter 46: Skating on Thin Ice✗

Watching the movie with your softhearted stalker was a great decision, both of you snuggling together once the popcorn bowl was empty. The nostalgia was refreshing, the film was intense and the time you spent together was relaxing. It had gotten to be extremely late though, so you drifted off to sleep during the somewhat happy ending. When you next awoke, you were in the Myers house again; the door still being broken down. Michael wasn't in bed next to you, he was stalking from the corner of the room - his gaze occasionally flickering to the doorway.

"Morning Michael." You yawned and stretched a little bit, wiping the sleep out of your eyes whilst you tried to wake up. The killer nodded and came over to you, giving you an affectionate cuddle as he yearned for your attention.

"Have you been awake all night?" You questioned in concern, fretting a little when he nodded again. "You didn't sleep at all? Michael, that's not healthy." You looked at him with worried eyes and broke the hug, anxious about how he was feeling.

He shrugged, not caring that he'd stayed awake. After all, he didn't care about himself; he only cared for you. Michael's hands cradled your cheeks, stroking the edges of your face with his thumbs. Your heart skipped a beat when he learnt his head against yours, the silent yet sweet moment making you feel all warm inside. He really was a sweetheart. You placed your hands over his and closed your eyes, a tranquil atmosphere settling between the two of you.

Neither of you had to say anything - this calming moment spoke for itself. It didn't even feel real; both of you sharing the dreamlike reality and staying in that peaceful position. Minutes passed before you finally opened your eyes, squeezing Michael's hands before letting go. His blue eyes opened in a flash as he released his hold on you, his hand running through your hair before letting go entirely. With a happy smile you pushed the quilt away from you and stood up, the stalker staying by your side.

"Want some breakfast?" You asked softly, stepping over the broken door and moving into the hallway. Michael nodded, then shook his head, then pointed back at the room. Looks like he wasn't too happy about the deal after all. "Look Michael, we went through this. Besides, I have to work. Please don't start." You seriously replied.

He didn't like your response, the stalker punching the wall with his fist and slipping into a stubborn and sullen state. With a roll of your eyes, you went downstairs and left the house, Michael shadowing your every step as he grew moody. You entered your house and shut the door behind Michael, breathing a sigh of relief that your house was alright. Nothing else looked damaged, at any rate. Heading straight for the kitchen, you ignored your boyfriend's irritation and started making pancakes, remembering how you made some for your mother back on Halloween. Hopefully she was alright.

You deftly flipped the pancakes, the sizzling mixture doing a 180 as they fell back into the pan with ease. Michael wandered over and watched a little, interested by the pancake flipping. He almost forgot about his annoyance, switching to a cute childlike persona whilst he kept gazing. You smiled - amused by his sudden change of personality. Once you were done making the pancakes you passed him a plate, sprinkling a bit of sugar and lemon juice atop the delicious treat. You did the same to yours and then sat down at the table; incredibly ravenous. So you wolfed the food down, Michael copying your speed as he was hungry too.

His mood soon soured after you dropped your plate in the sink, knowing you were going to work and stay in the house. You flashed him a light smile before going to your room, seeing new e-mails and requests for your digital designs. You needed to respond to people and pick up the slack before your reputation went down. So you answered most of them, starting to work on different designs and cover art for companies. The day flew past, the morning turning into the afternoon whilst you worked. The only thing distracting you was Michael.

It was like he didn't know what to do, the clingy male hugging you, stalking you, demanding your focus rather than your work...it began to get frustrating. As much as you loved Michael, you had to put work first. His clinginess dissolved into possessiveness, the stalker going as far as to shut the laptop lid and push it away from you. Your temper was at its limit - you shooting him a deathly glare whilst you reached for the laptop again. Michael seized your wrists and sent you a moody stare, his grip like iron as you reached your last nerve.

"Michael, I have to work. Let go of me." You demanded sternly, somehow keeping a lid on your anger. The killer shook his head and pulled you towards him, physically moving you away from the laptop.

You saw the unstable glint in his eyes, the tiredness and paranoia residing within his gaze whilst he tugged you closer. His clinginess reminded you of your mother and you couldn't take it, forcing you to push him away. Why was he acting this way? All this because Lucian taunted him a little? You certainly couldn't be babied for the rest of your relationship. Michael took out his knife and slashed it against the wall, hurt by your rejection. You were a bit unnerved by the violent motion, but kept your ground and faced him.

"Don't do that! Can't you just go and do something productive?" You steely remarked, your hardworking mindset not being able to take his clinginess right now.

Michael was taken aback by your sharp tone, the male struggling with his emotions. Anger and obsession clouded his mind, the stalker striding forwards and slamming you against the wall by your shoulders. You were about to yell at him in angry confusion, but stopped when a sharp kitchen knife pressed up against your throat. W-Was Michael really about to hurt you? Your eyes were wide with shock, tears threatening to make an appearance as you stared into his furious blue orbs. He was a serial killer after all, maybe he would attack you.

The stalker was twitching with rage; his breathing extra heavy whilst he tried to contain his violent tendencies. A second later he snapped out of his psychotic stance, relaxing his hold on you and lowering the knife. Surprised flickered across his face when he saw the absolute fear in your eyes - did you think he'd actually attack you? Michael's knife clattered to the ground, his hands flying to your cheeks immediately. He desperately stroked your face, trying to undo his previous behaviour and calm you down all at once.

"W-Were you...Were you actually going to-?" You couldn't finish your question, panic still clouding your head. Michael shook his head and brought you into a hug, wanting to soothe your shocked state.

You, however, stood there limply, stunned whilst you said the first thing that came to your mind. "I...I want to be alone."

He couldn't believe what you'd said at first, his blue eyes shimmering with disbelief and distress. Did you actually want to be alone? Sure he'd overstepped the line and done something bad, but he didn't mean it. Oh why couldn't he backtrack and fix this? Why? Why?! Michael took a step back and broke the hug, hurt clouding his mind as he turned and left the room. He didn't mean it. He didn't mean it. He really didn't. The urge to kill strengthened; bloodlust flowing into his veins whilst he left the house.

He needed to kill something. Someone. Anyone.

You fell to the ground, hugging your legs as you hid your face between your knees. Feeling the sharp edge of the knife against your tender neck like that, it was deeply unsettling. And the look in his eyes...that psychotic gaze...you'd forgotten how scary the stalker could be. Tears leaked out from your lashes, your breath uneven and shaky. You'd gone lightheaded from the shock - but that was the least of your problems. Had you been too harsh? All you wanted to do was work, was that such a big deal? Michael was the one who flipped out. You stayed like that for a while, just curled up in a small ball and feeling lonely.

After taking several deep breaths, you calmed yourself down and climbed to your feet, feeling a little wobbly. Perhaps you needed a glass of water...yeah, now that you thought about it, your throat was as dry as the Sahara desert. You stumbled out into the hallway and down the stairs, trying to clear your mind and stay calm whilst the panic from before faded. Everything was okay. Michael would come back to take you to his house later, you could finish your work, and hopefully the two of you could reconcile. You held a glass underneath the tap and filled it with water, feeling much better once you'd taken a few swigs.

"Oh dear, what are you doing all alone?"