✗Chapter 45: Careful Compromise✗

"Do you really think Lucian is that much of a threat? I mean, I don't want to hide...but if you're that worried..." You thought aloud, hesitation filling your facial features. Michael nodded, a worried yet somewhat loving expression spread across his face.

A sigh left your lips as you decided to trust him, knowing that he had your best interests at heart. "When would do you want to leave?"

Michael looked towards the house and then back at you, his silent state telling you the answer without a voice. Now. You bit your lip, wondering if it was okay to stay a while longer. Lucian wasn't going to just come out of nowhere, right? You could stay here a little bit more. But how could you suggest it? Michael looked terribly distressed, almost like he was guilt-tripping on purpose. All he wanted was your safety, yet to you it was a giant cost. What if someone came to your house and you weren't there? It could be something important.

"What if I went to your house during the nighttime and came here during the daytime? You could keep an eye on me whilst I'm sleeping over there, and then you could catch some sleep when I'm working over here. Fair trade?" You smiled as you struck a deal with the stalker, liking your own idea. Michael shook his head and scowled, being stubborn as usual.

"I'm not budging on this. You can't just expect me to leave my house without any complaints, and besides, my plan works." You huffed; a little annoyed by his stubborn state. Must be always be so adamant about everything?

The killer grabbed your wrists and pushed you onto the sofa, a surprised gasp slipping through your mouth from his bold move. He pinned you down, his legs trapping you from moving as he flashed you an unhappy glare. The submissive stance he had you in made you blush, the bright-red colour causing your cheeks to feel hot. Michael leant his forehead against yours and let out a soft sigh, aggravated by your response. He was irritated that you decided to stay, despite the danger. You needed to stay at the Myers house until he'd taken care of the problem...which was Lucian.

"I know you want to protect me, but I feel like Lucian did this on purpose - like he knew you'd get overprotective. Let's just keep our heads." You advised sensibly, looking at the situation from a different angle. That definitely didn't sit right with Michael, a dark look being his only response.

"Please Michael...Lucian's playing you. Don't let him, he's not worth it." You reasoned with him pleadingly; wanting him to pick up on the manipulation Lucian was doing. It didn't take much to see that the other male was messing with Michael's head.

Michael turned his head to the side and deliberated over your response, trying to think about it. But it was so difficult to think clearly when all he wanted to do was to protect you from any source of danger. He may have a sharp mindset, yet he struggled with staying calm and collected. Begrudgingly, he agreed in his head that your plan worked...however he was still uncertain. Lucian had the symptoms and signs of obsession and insanity. The stalker knew this; he'd stalked both siblings before pursuing you. He passionately loved his sister...maybe a little too much.

"Michael?" You called his name again tentatively - worried about his emotionless expression. He snapped out of his thoughts and decided to give into your demand, dipping his head as a nod.

"Then we have a plan." Your face relaxed into a smile and Michael released your wrists, still a little agitated.

Perhaps a film would calm him down. "Hey before we go, why don't we watch a movie?" Michael perked up at the idea, his bitterness fading away as he became soothed.

"Let me just tidy the living room up first - it looks like a bombs exploded in here." You cracked a joke lightheartedly, sitting up and getting to your feet in less than a minute.

Michael nodded again and then moved out of your way, silently stalking you from the corner of the room. Humming under your breath, you began clearing up all the DVDs and pushing the working ones back onto the shelves. The broken ones...well let's just say you weren't going to be watching them anytime soon. In fact you just got a bin bag and shoved them into it, trying not to feel too bad. Unluckily a few of your favourite DVDs had gotten sacrificed in the heat of battle, which caused you to feel a little sorrowful.

Ah well, better the DVDs than your boyfriend. Michael saw how discreetly sad you were about it and wandered over, helping you put the other DVDs onto the shelf. You shot him a thankful smile, patting his shoulder as a way to tell him you were fine. Once you two had finished that, Michael moved the broken table out into the front yard - wanting to help you tidy. Plus he wanted to make-up for the sudden fight. You pulled the throwing knives out of the wall and carried them into the kitchen, placing them into a random spare drawer. Maybe they'll come in handy sometime.

On your way back to the living room, you stepped on a flash of white - making you frown and bend down. Michael's mask. It must've came off somehow during the brawl. You picked it up and entered the room, tapping Michael's shoulder whilst he stared out of the window. He turned around and faced you, wondering what you wanted. With a shy smile, you held out his mask; hoping it would cheer him up or something along those lines. The killer took the mask from you and slipped it on, giving a grateful nod as thanks.

You turned towards the DVD shelf and mused over what to watch. You and Michael both liked horror movies, so it was only natural to pick one from that genre. You ran your fingertip over the top of the DVDs, thinking deeply about each one. They were all good, but you wanted something you hadn't repeatedly watched. Something nostalgic. Something unsettling. Something...that took place in the tiny town of Derry. It. That was a great film! Plus the two of you had first watched it together.

"Oh Mikey, you really shouldn't hit girls with cushions~" You hummed under your breath.
"Did you just call me Mikey?"
"Yes Mikey, for you see...I am your father."
"That doesn't even make any sense!"
You giggled at the memory and pulled the DVD from the shelf, holding it up so Michael could see.

"Hey Michael, fancy watching a blast from the past?" You playfully asked, waving the movie with excitement. The stalker nodded at once, seeming to be just as happy as you were with the film decision.

"Alright, you put it on. I want popcorn, so I'm gonna go make some." You passed the movie to the killer and went to leave the room, but he hugged your body - not wanting you to go.

"Hey, I'll only be a few minutes at most. You don't need to get so worked up." You turned back around, softening your voice to soothe him again. This time it didn't have an effect on your overprotective partner; Michael deciding to come with you.

You sighed and ruefully ruffled his hair, letting it go for now. "Fine, c'mon."

So the both of you went on a short trek to the kitchen, Michael taking your safety way too seriously. No, really, he resorted to checking outside and making sure no one was watching you two. He even hovered close to you, his heavy breathing growing shorter as he grew more stressed. With another soft sigh, you squeezed his shoulder and planted a kiss on his mask's cheek, wanting to give him at least a little bit of comfort. Like a true gentleman, he carried the bowl of popcorn and let you go back first - acting like a loyal guard-dog.

Michael placed the bowl of popcorn on the floor - next to the sofa - and waited for you to put the movie on. Then he pulled you onto his lap the moment you sat down, his arms snaking around your waist as he nuzzled into you. His hold was a lot tighter than his usual soft grasp, almost like he was afraid you'd vanish on the spot. You leaned back into him and picked up the popcorn, pushing his mask up a little so you could pop a piece in his mouth. The male was greatly amused by your adorable antics; Michael taking his mask off completely so he could kiss your hair.

"Love you~" You cooed cutely, gazing into his deep blue orbs. He mouthed the words back at you, meaning every word as he squeezed your waist. You were a little scared about the Lucian situation, but watching a movie with Michael was definitely fun.

Hopefully everything would work out.