✗Chapter 21: Creepy Clash✗

[MORE LIKE 1 DAY LATE AMIRITE LADS LMAO I'M THE WORST. HAVE ANOTHER CHAPTER TO MAKE UP FOR IT<3]

October 30th: 1 DAY BEFORE HALLOWEEN.

"This is definitely Michael's work." Dr. Loomis confirmed seriously; him and a few police officers dotted around the front of your house.

"H-How can you tell-?" You asked in fright, huddling into your mother and not knowing what to do.

"I saw what he could do as a child, it's only natural his...his hobbies would pop up as well. No doubt about it, Michael is in Haddonfield." He replied with a sigh, bending down to look at the crucified squirrel.

"H-How did he know that I lived here?" Your voice was shaky whilst you tried to contain your panic - but it was difficult. He knew, he knew, he knew.

"You obviously let it slip during the sessions you had with him! How else would he know?" Your mother snapped out of her shock and instead grasped at rage-inducing straws, angered by Dr. Loomis.

"I can assure you that I didn't tell Michael any locations. He didn't know that you moved to Florida and he certainly didn't know that (Y/n) had moved back. The only way he would've known is if he went back home and spotted the girls out and about." Dr. Loomis theorised sternly, standing up straight.

"How would he have seen them, then? It doesn't make sense!" Your mother huffed indignantly - flicking her head to the side.

"W-When I went to check on you yesterday...I think he might've seen me bump into another girl on the street." You guiltily admitted; causing both adults to turn to you.

"And you're sure it was Michael?" Dr. Loomis probed and acted serious, his words making you think. Was it Michael you saw? All you remembered was a flash of white disappearing behind a hedge...maybe it was a mask...? And Loomis did say that Michael would look for a mask.

"I'm not 100% sure, no. But it probably was...That would explain how he knows where I live." You shivered slightly, your sentence creeping you out.

"This just further proves that (Y/n) shouldn't be here! She should be somewhere safe! Somewhere with the FBI, or-or someplace else!" Your mother wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you close, trying to protect you.

"Well (Y/n), what do you want to do? It's all up to you. I can help you get relocated...or you can help us stop Michael. Your decision." Dr. Loomis firmly spoke - giving you the choice.

"I...I do want to help. But this...this is way out of my league. I don't know how to catch killers, or how to lure them to me, or whatever else we talked about!" You panicked.

"Nor should you. You're in way over your head, so don't feel bad about-"

"Miss (L/n), please stop babying her. She's not a child anymore - she can make her own decisions." Dr. Loomis interrupted stiffly, placing a hand on your shoulder as he stopped your mother from steering you away.

"Well stop treating her like she's some kind of special agent! Michael Myers is a crazed psychopath - he'll kill her, and you know he will. You just want to write another book about them!" Your mother spat back at him and looked at him with the utmost disgust.

"You...You wrote a book about Michael...? About me...?" You turned to the child psychologist, who gave an awkward cough.

"I did. But I assure you, it was so the public would be aware what kind of monster lurked within that boy. If you don't help me, Haddonfield will become one bloody mess - a corpse of a once thriving town." Dr. Loomis gravely pointed out.

"Don't you dare guilt-trip her! (Y/n), don't listen to him sweetheart, just let the police handle this." Your mother joined in fiercely; both of them making you feel anxious.

"I...I-I..." You didn't know how to respond - the flight or fight hormone kicking in as you took a literal step back.

Then you ran away from them, the pressure and fear choking you until you could barely breathe. Their yells of alarm echoed behind you - becoming quieter whilst you hurried into a wood-like area. Being alone...Being able to clear your mind...That was what you really needed. Now you could breathe. You wandered further and further into the woods, wiping the tears from your eyes and taking several deep breaths.

Situations like that freak you out! On one hand you wanted to do what your mother suggested - to let the police handle it and hide away. But on the other you wanted to do what Loomis had planned - to stop Michael before he had the chance to hurt anyone. Both ideas seemed equally appealing, but your mother's felt cowardly to choose. However facing off against a psychopath...that sent shivers up and down your spine immediately.

"What to do, what to do...I can't make big decisions like this...I feel so alone..." You wailed in despair, standing still and hugging your arms anxiously.

"What would Gabby do? No...No...What would Laurie do? She's in the same boat, right? Gah, no...I can't make a choice like them, this is something I have to do on my own!" You complained in frustration.

You tensed up as a twig snapped behind you, alerting you of someone spying. A surge of anger and fear swelled up in your heart, causing you to snatch up a stick from the ground as a means of defence. This time you weren't being paranoid - this time you'd find out who was stalking you! No more...No more of this! With a sound of fury you leapt through some of the bushes and wildly swung, proud when you hit something.

"Hah! This is what you get for spying, you no-good, son of a bi-" You stopped a second later; watching a fox slink away unhappily.

"Are you fucking kidding me?! Gaaaaaaah!" You growled and threw the stick violently - seeing it soar through the air. Stupid stick.

Something else made you stand still though, your body stiffening up as you recognised the sound. Heavy breathing. Spinning around, you slammed right into someone's chest - the sudden collision sending you to the ground. Your head spun after hitting the heavy surface, a pained groan escaping your mouth whilst you tried to gather your bearings. W-What the-?

Gentle fingers danced across your arm, softly sliding down to your waist as someone touched you - this mysterious person seeming to be very interested with your body. W-Were they just some creep?! O-Or perhaps some kind of stalker?! Once your dizzied head had cleared you look around, but whoever had been enjoying your...company had vacated the scene. It frustrated you; who was fucking around?!

"Hey! You! Come back!" You saw a dark figure weave between the trees, their navy boiler suit making them blend in extremely well.

You tried your best to follow them - but all that happened was you got tangled up in leaves, twigs and tiny thorns. God dammit. Your stomach was rumbling, your throat was dry and your body stung from the small scratches it had received whilst on its pursuit. You would have to go back home...but whoever was stalking you would be sorry. A new thought clouded your mind, the idea causing you freeze.

What if that was Michael Myers? That would explain the stalking, the weirdly affectionate touching and the paranoid feeling you constantly had. Maybe the mutilated squirrel with your name written in blood wasn't a warning...it was some sort of twisted gift. Perhaps in his broken mind you two were a family; some form of infatuated lovers. That kind of thinking didn't make you feel any better.

You decided to go home and tell Dr. Loomis about this, at least 80% sure you were correct. Because if it wasn't Michael, then who could be creepily watching you like this? With a pounding heart you rushed home, locking the door behind you and seeing your mother pacing around the kitchen.

"(Y/n), you're back! Oh thank heavens, we thought you'd been killed...o-or kidnapped! Don't ever scare us like that again!" Your mother scolded as she flung her arms around you - cuddling you close.

"Sorry Mom...I just...I just ran into someone." You vaguely responded.

"Ran into someone? Who?" You knew she'd ask, a sigh slipping through your lips whilst you wondered how to reply.

"Why, only an old friend."