✗Chapter 43: Hospital Visit✗

[IT'S 11:25PM, I'M NOT LATE! I'M SO SORRY, I'VE ONLY JUST COME BACK FROM MY BREAK AND I'M CREATING COVERS AND RP-ING AND TRYING TO FINISH THE UPCOMING PART OF THE SCENARIO BOOK AND AAA I'M PUSHING MYSELF TO THE LIMIT BUT IT'S ALL BECAUSE ILY GUYS<3 ENJOY!❤️]

You shut the door behind you and stepped out into the cold outside, breathing in some of the frosty air as you walked away from the house. Hopefully Michael wouldn't be too lonely. All you had to do was go shopping and that was it. Changing your soft walking to a brisk speed-walk, you spotted the local supermarket a few streets down and headed towards said shop, needing to get certain things. Once you entered the supermarket, you breathed out - relieved that it wasn't crowded. You could just move through the aisles freely.

Deciding to take a trolley, you wheeled it down the first aisle and mused over what to buy; wondering what food Michael liked and disliked. It wouldn't be very good if you bought food that he despised or was allergic to. Hmm...what to get, what to get... What would be good meals to have? It would probably be best to get easy meals, like chicken nuggets and chips, or spaghetti and meatballs. You also stocked up on other house necessities - for instance toilet roll, kitchen roll, washing-up liquid, and so on.

Then, when you'd finished, you pushed it over to the checkout counter and placed all your items onto the conveyor belt - letting the cashier put everything into one big bag. "Alrighty, that'll be £120.53 ." She gave a friendly smile and you flashed one in return, not having a problem with that amount.

"Sure thing," You pulled out your card and passed it over, using it to pay. "Thanks for all your help!"

"Not a problem." The cashier responded pleasantly, giving the card back a minute later. "Take care now, and have a nice day!"

"You too!" You happily spoke; sliding the card back where it belonged before picking up the shopping bags and heading towards the exit.

Out of nowhere your phone rang, almost making you jump as you put down the bags and dug it out of your pocket. "Hello?" You greeted in confusion, not expecting anyone to call you at this time.

"Is this Miss (Y/n) (L/n)?" A male voice asked, sounding very polite as they waited for a reply.

"Yes it is." You replied curiously. "Who is this?"

"This is Haddonfield Hospital. We have some news on your mother, Andrea (L/n)." His sentence made you freeze, the street in front of the supermarket fading away whilst you internally panicked.

"W-What's wrong-? Is she okay?" You stumbled over your words and gripped the phone tightly, almost overwhelmed with worry.

"Please relax, Miss (L/n). It's good news - we've been informed that she's finally responding to some of the treatment we've been offering." The man calmly consoled you, his response causing you to release a relieved laugh.

"Are you for real? Oh my gosh, this is great news! Can I see her today?" Your questions were like flaming-hot bullets as you grew slightly giddy; wanting to see your mother.

"Of course. Visiting hours are between 2:30 and 8pm." He pleasantly informed.

"Alright, thanks a lot!" You said a quick goodbye and hung up, shoving your phone back into your pocket.

What marvellous news! Your mother was finally responding to a form of treatment, thank goodness. The gut-wrenching guilt you felt suddenly faded a bit, your mindset now being extremely lighthearted. With speed, you went check-out area and paid the cashier; pushing the trolley back into its original place before grabbing the shopping bags. You enjoyed the walk to the hospital, the November weather whirling fallen leaves about and rustling the empty branches. A few minutes later you were in the hospital lobby, going to the counter and asking to see your mother.