✗Chapter 23: Halloween |Part 1|✗

October 31st: HALLOWEEN.

"So what do you want to do for Halloween, babes? We can do a whole lot!" Your mother swung open your door and waltzed in, waking you up. Your dream...it wasn't a nightmare this time. It was...it was lewd. The very thought made your cheeks burn. W-Why would your mind turn to being a masochist? And being dominated by the daunting killer no less! What were you thinking?!

"I...I don't mind. I was thinking of just handing out candy to kids and maybe dressing up." You shrugged carelessly, not talking about the rest of your plan. You were going to Skype with Gabby and Laurie - so that all of you were connected. You wouldn't be separated, but you wouldn't technically be together. It was perfect.

"But I'm here with you, it'll be just like old times!" She hugged your sleepy form and nuzzled into your side, acting cute.

Old times? Like when you kept me to yourself and didn't let me have actual friends? - You wanted to retort, but that was way too mean.

"I want you to relax, Mom. Why don't you just chill today? You've had a very stressful few days." You rubbed her back as you spoke in a comforting tone - looking out for her health.

"You deserve to relax too..." She sounded hesitant about taking a chill day, her face uneasy.

"Pfft, I'm fine. Why don't you take a bath and I'll have your breakfast ready when you come down?" You softly suggested.

"Are you sure, sweetie?" Your mother sat next to you as you swivelled to the edge of your bed, stifling a yawn.

"Positive. Now go." You gave her a lighthearted push before going over to your wardrobe, wondering what to wear.

You had Halloween outfits from previous years - now you just had to pick one out. Shouldn't be too difficult. Shuffling through them, you picked out a nurse outfit, the costume not being too revealing. It was a ruffly dress, decorated with a few red-and-white crosses and a scarlet outline. The outfit also came with a matching hat, cream-coloured gloves and some white fishnet tights - the costume being incredibly cute. You added some wine-red heels and bam!- you had an outfit ready.

"Oh honey, that outfit looks absolutely darling on you~" Your mother poked her head in and cheered at your choice of costume, her expression happy.

"Thanks." You smiled, walking past her as you went to go do breakfast.

You decided to make pancakes - they were light and fluffy comfort food right? You both could use comfort right now. Because today was Halloween; the day Michael Myers would supposedly strike on. Funnily enough you weren't as scared as before - now that you sort of understood Michael's motives. But how would you counter his obsession with you? And what were you meant to do about him in general?

If it came down to it, you probably couldn't hurt him - killing him would certainly be off the table. Wouldn't you need some type of protection? Taking a pocketknife or something like that would be pretty handy. So you opened a drawer in the kitchen and took one of the sharp knives, slipping it into the nurse dress's pocket as a means of defence. Then you started on breakfast.

"Oh good, you're just in time for breakfast Mom." You finished placing the pancakes onto two plates the moment she walked in, her hair slightly damp.