21 (1/2)// Jimin

Jimin woke up with Yoongi sleeping next to him. 

The room was dark - quiet - and the only thing he heard was the steady breath that left Yoongi's lips. 
He smiled to himself, and sat up carefully. He didn't want to wake his sleeping Yoongi. 

He lifted the older's arm up and carefully put it down beside him; it had held a firm grip around Jimin's waist, reminding him how much he adored the older. Yoongi would always wrap his arm around Jimin - be it his waist, his shoulders, his neck. It was like Yoongi constantly wanted to protect Jimin. It made him feel safe and loved, so he didn't stop it.

Sometimes, even, he imagined Yoongi putting him arm around him, and whispering in his ear - as if he was Yoongi's boyfriend. The thought always made Jimin's heart flutter.

But it wasn't like that.

Jimin wasn't Yoongi's boyfriend. And he only whispered in his ear whenever they were in public, and Yoongi didn't want others to hear him. It wasn't any sweet words, or love phrases, or secrets that he whispered.

He whispered how tired he was. He whispered how cute the girl on the other side of the street was. He whispered how Jimin's shoelaces were untied and it upset the older.

Jimin never got to hear any sweet words - not even in Yoongi's sleep.

Jimin drew a deep breath and shook his head. He didn't want to start the day in a sad, upset manner. He had to get up to make breakfast for the two - before Yoongi went to work.

He pushed the covers to the side, snaked himself out of the bed, and tucked Yoongi back in. He opened the closet and borrowed one of Yoongi's hoodies. He bet the older wouldn't care much. 

He put on the skinny jeans he had worn last night. They felt tighter than normal, and Jimin felt a shock of nausea fill his throat. Had he put on weight?

He shoved the thought out of his head, and ignored his pounding heart. He closed the door silently behind him.

The kitchen was cold. 

Jimin sighed, and turned on the light. There was a bouquet of flowers on the table, put properly in a vase. They were primroses and yellow tulips. Jimin knew what they meant right away. The only thing missing was water. Jimin furrowed his brows and stepped closer.

There was a little note attached with a string. The handwriting was neat and proper.

Don't let the flowers die just like our relationship did. I know you still love me.

Jimin heard the door to Yoongi's bedroom creak open, and his heart skipped a beat. 

He realized that these flowers were meant for Yoongi. In panic, he quickly tore off the note, stuffing it in the pocket of the hoodie, and opened the fridge to look busy. He heard the soft footsteps of Yoongi approaching him.

"Did you get flowers, Jiminie?" Yoongi's hoarse morning-voice spoke. It sounded normal to Jimin, and he loosened his tight grip around the handle of the fridge slightly.

"Y-yeah," he muttered, hoping that Yoongi didn't know what the flowers meant. 

"Cute," the older chuckled, and snaked his arms around Jimin, whose throat turned dry. 

"What you making?~" Yoongi asked, although he already knew.

"Breakfast. French toasts," Jimin said, and forced a smile. His heart just wouldn't calm down. Did Yoongi really believe him?
He swallowed thickly, and turned around. His face was only millimeters from Yoongi's.